Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

In 2008, 360000 people were stopped for terrorism

Ibtisam   

Today's statistics are brought to you by... terrorism legislation

Section 44 of the Terrorism Act 2000 allows the police to stop and search people. In 2008:

Number of people stopped nationwide by British Transport Police using s 44: 160,000

Number of people stopped in London by the Metropolitan Police using s. 44: 200,000

Number of people amongst the 360,000 stopped under s. 44 and found to have any terrorist material or links: 0

Source:

http://conservativehome.blogs.com/centreright/2009 /02/todays-statisti.html

I've been stopped by the British Transport Police three times in Kings Cross station, I now avoid getting off at the stop.

over the last 9 years ... I faced my biggest headaches in heath row airport.

once I was prevented from boarding a flight because they wanted to 'interview' me .. which consisted of a 3 hour interview asking me the same bunch of questions over again ... 2 times after that .. I didn't get interviewed but they still kept in the line while checking my documents.

I am going on vacation next month, I just payed 10% extra on my ticket to avoid passing through the UK.

There should be no sympathy for those arrested. The government is only protecting us against terrorist and their evil plan to wreck havoc and destruction. The system allows for fairness and due process. If you have nothing to hide then there shouldn’t be any problems.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by -MARX-:

There should be no sympathy for those arrested. The government is only protecting us against terrorist and their evil plan to wreck havoc and destruction. The system allows for fairness and due process. If you have nothing to hide then there shouldn’t be any problems.

Due process? Like how Abu Qatada has been in jail with no charge for the past few years you mean? :D

'somali this, somali that' we have developed this victim mentality. as i have previously suggested We are born ticking all the right box's:

Black

Muslim

Refugee

we are placed in a difficult situation therefore, rather than blaming the system, we should integrate and work for our place in this multicultural society.

Abu sxb, I was in transit.

this was very close to 9/11 time .. so everyone was paranoid .. I got the same treatment in bahrain.

I was not the only person, at least 4 other brown/black guys were pulled out of the line on that occasion.

they were asking me of where I was going, and the visa stamps on my passport and why i went to those places .. BS questions.

MARX .. do you really believe what you just posted above ?

EDIT

I just read your above response .... you cannot be that naive ?

N.O.R.F   

Integrate? Is that THE answer?

You're a dodgy visa swapping/selling Somali saxib. That, I think, is the reason we are questioned at airports.

Norf, Clearly you have issues integrating, hence your residence in the UAE. If you can’t integrate in the UK, you wont intergate there!!

Very often, integrating is taken out of context! See one of my classic videos for further details:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW6nwFVydXE&feature =channel_page

NG, Abu Qadar is a preacher of hatred. It was alleged he was propagating extremist ideologies. If it takes locking people like him to protect UK citizens, then so be it.

A Question for you MARX, there was a Brazilian electrician, who was shot by the UK police just after the 7/7 bombing because he was wearing a backpack and looked like an Arab.

what happened to "The system allows for fairness and due process. If you have nothing to hide then there shouldn’t be any problems.

" ?

I'm curios as to how you think integration would have saved his life

Khayr   

'somali this, somali that' we have developed this victim mentality. as i have previously suggested We are born ticking all the right box's:

Black

Muslim

Refugee

we are placed in a difficult situation therefore, rather than blaming the system, integrate.

Where can I find the Diana Whitening cream that you got? :D

Fabregas   

Marx, how can integration stop Ibtisam from getting stopped at Kings cross or any other station? :D

burkaburberryAP_450x350.jpg

ibtisam, how about one of those?