Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Only In S.A

nuune   

Bob, iska warran sxb, hope is all good 4 you, oo Capetown baan u heestay iney hell tahay, waaxey Johanestuna ma la midbaa,

Laakin asxaabteyda dhan waxey joogaan Capetown, one of my friends was killed in Capetown in 2005kii Alla yarxamhu.

Feejignoow sxb had iyo jeer.

BOB   

Originally posted by buuxo:

lol man thiefs have sense of humour too. BOB how do you feel living in S.Africa , with all those murdered somali business owners.

Salam Aleikum W.W

My Sister Buuxo...I feel exactly how every Somali living in S.A feels which is Sad & Mad at the same time!

Sad because I have lost many friends and a friend of mine lost two first cousin of his in one incident and another friend of mine lost his uncle and I'm somewhat sick & tired of attending a friend or relative's burial every other day and believe me i have attended many burials...

Mad because the so-called "Elders" tell the youth to remain calm and not seek revenge which we are more than capable of carrying out as I don't see any law protecting us...but lately, Alxamdulillaah things have been improving and finally we realized none of us is safe and we have to unite as a nation living in a foreign land for the sake of our wellbeing and protect what is ours "BY ANY MEANS NECCESSARY"...

The goverment came on board and the Somali community leaders met with few high ranking officials, Thanks largely to a certain TV host lady who happens to be a South African-Italian whose grandfather was born in Somalia and we are given the protection we need to do what we do best which is mind our own business.

We even organized a mass demonstration against the Ethiopian invasion in our Motherland where we even invited every Ethiopian we knew who were against the invasion and to be fair they came in their hundreds and we were pleased with that, but too bad i haven't got any pictures to prove like the other Nomads did..but take my word for it...we even met with the Ethiopian Embassador breifly who happens to be a Muslim..

There were rumours that the so-called Prime Minister was headed this way to ask the SA Goverment to send troops to Somalia and me & my friends were planning to buy dozens & dozens of rotten eggs and smash them on his face but luckily for him the S.A goverment refused to be drawn into this nonsense and i loved the President's comments when he said "If we send our troops to Somalia we will look as we're fighting US's war, a war against terrorism, a war that's not our war"..

All in all...the Somali community here in S.A are thriving Alxamdulillaah..we are in the last stages of building a Mosque of our own, we already have a huge Madrassa, a Somali owned and there's one guy who wants to build a hospital where between 10-15% of the doctors will be Somali Insha Allah, we have our own shopping mall located in the Somali neighbourhood of Johannesburg called Mayfair which happens to be where i live, we have a handful Butcherys where you can buy Camel meat and many many other things that will definitely remind one Home..we even have Muswak (Cadeey) straight from Home, which is great as i have never ever used a toothbrush, in fact I don't even know how to use the bloody thing plus as you know its Sunnah to use the Muswak..so all and all WE ARE DOING our part to maintain OUR NOMADIC Culture Insha Allah.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

Walaalkey Nuune..waa fiicanahay Alxamdulillaah wax dhibaato ah ma qabo, adiga unbaa beryahaan naga goostay oo aan lagu arkin, mise qoftii aa ku tiri BOB danbe yaan warkiisa kaa maqlin oo ninkaas banaanka ka mar?

Capetown waxba ma aha..meeshaan aa ka daran..in kastoo uu dilkii ugu darnaa ka dhacay township ku yaala banaanka magaalada Capetown oo la dhaho Khayetlisha..hadana Johannesburg waa meesha ugu dhib, dil & dhac badan marka loo fiiriyo waddanka oo dhan...xittaa waxaa jiro kuwo Soomaali ah oo iyagana dhinacooda wax ka dhaco kana dilo..laakiin Alxamdulillaah aniga wax dhibaato ah ilaahey weli ima tusin, isaga ayaana ka magan galay dhibkoo idil Insha Allah.

Walaalkiis ha lagu arko yaakhey oo qofta usheeg inee fasax kusiiso..waxee kaa dhigi rabtaa Maqbiyo sidii gabdhihii Baajuunta ee Mombasa..lool

Nice to hear from you my brother and take a good care of yourself Insha Allah...Salam

Peace, Love & Unity.

mantra   

Bob you live in one of the most beautiful countries on earth, it's also scary as hell, I remember the first day I ever stepped foot in SA, I was greeted by glaring headlines in every paper I saw "SERIAL RAPIST ON THE LOOSE"

what a way to start a holiday :D

I can honestly say i've had a gun held to my head, no one was seriously hurt alhamdulillah. No shots were fired by the thugs, can't say the same for the cops..that's Africa for you.

Originally posted by Cambarro:

Bob..that sounds scary..but wasnt there a one brave one to tackle the men and perhaps die as a martyr? A missed opportunity methinks
smile.gif

Sarcasmka ii dilay. I think all the brave men were out fighting jihad with Osama.

Buuxo   

gosh Bob , what a predicatment you guys are in, it sounds scary. im sorry about your friends and all that died and we can only pray that Allah ha uu naxariisto , kuligo dhan, amin. your elders are right , revenge wont achieve anything but having a plan to protect yourselves is a good idea. i assume like the other S.africans you guys are building a fortress around yourselves.

may allah protect us all , whereever we are.

N.O.R.F   

^^And all Nomads down in SA. Amiin

Bob, how are things panning out for the world cup? All on schedule and in budget or are you guys gonna pay for it through taxes? Who knows maybe Somalia will be participating!

Bob,if u can handle a Gun,why not go for it.From what i heard,SA is nothing like safe,and even if one is killed,they steal from the dead and take all the organs away.Now thats terrible!Apart from that,may Allah safe keep u and ur family.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

My dear sister Mantra,

I am so sorry to hear that you had a warm welcome ala South African style but I am glad to hear you didn't let that minor hiccup spoil your vacation..

so where did you go, Cape town, Robben Island (where Mandela was held for 26 years, which is where the most tourists go) did you climb the Table Mountain or you went to Durban, East London, Port Elizabeth, Kruger National Park, Richards Bay, Limpopo...let me know how your vacation went and trust me, you haven't seen half of the beauty this country can offer and if you need a tip or better still, a tour guide you know which office to come..lol

Red Sea, North...Thanks my brothers...I appreciate that and I will be alright Insha Allah.

Brother Xalane..I do have a licensed one and I don't have any problem concerning with that but it hurts when you hear so & so is murdered and there's nothing you can do to help except mourn.

but like I said earlier, things are improving now Alxamdulillaah and we haven't had or heard a brother being shot in 2007 and I hope & pray that we never do hear that ever again Insha Allah because it is not a nice feeling to hear some one you just prayed isha or Maghrib with is lying dead few hours later with his brains scattered all over the place..

don't worry my brother I will be alright Insha Allah and thanks for your concern and dua..it means the world to me.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

mantra   

Salam Bob

Our vacation was short lived, only had time to visit Jo'burg and Port Elizabeth, we vowed to return but never quite got round to it.

Port Elizabeth was amazing, simply wonderful mashallah, still can't get that image out of my head. Jo'burg was ok, nothing special really, odd people... I noticed South African's have something against shoes..there were hordes of barefoot people everywhere we went..

Why is it you're asking about SA and not about my terrifying near death experience?

hodman   

I would love to Go to SA even though it is unsafe but what is written 4 u will happen wherever u are. BOB tutakuombea Mungu InshaAllah hauta ona balaa

BOB   

Originally posted by mantra:

Why is it you're asking about SA and not about my terrifying near death experience?

Well.....S.A has a way of redeeming itself after its natives put the fear of the lord in the hearts of its visitors that's why i even called it a 'minor hiccup' because i knew you would have a wonderful time once you got that out of your system. lol.

The reason why i avoided it is because i didn't want you to relive that scary scene and i am glad you made it out safely Alxamdulillaah.

So in Jo'burg where did you stay? did you interact with the Somalis? did you see our huge Somali mall? Have you been to Benoni, the birth place of Charlize Theron (the Hollywood actress & academy award winner) just 30 minutes drive from Johannesburg...which has the most beautiful lakes i have ever seen? Have you been to Sandton (the S.A version of Beverly Hills) where the famous Somali reproter Raage Oomaar used to stay with his family? did you get to see the most happening place in the entire southern peninsula known as The Zone located in Rosebank?

Next time you come to S.A...go to Durban and i guarantee you..you will have a wonderful time or Cape Town, one of the most beautiful cities on earth and never leave before climbing Table Mountain or this place called Sea Point..where Indian Ocean & Atlantic oceans meet...full of spectacular scenery not to mention Breathtaking.

Hodman....Njo uone S.A..utapenda Wallahi..nikona hakika hiyo na Asante for the Dua.. Nashukuru Sana..Mungu atu saidiye sisi wote Insha Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

mantra   

The incident I was talking about happened in Nairobi, not SA. We stayed near the Village Walk, can't remember the hotel name but it started with a V (hey it was over two years ago), we met this muslim cabbie named AbdiGhaffar, he was an interesting mixture, part Malaysian, part African and a whole lotta other stuff...my memory sucks. We did visit Sandton, in fact I think that's where our hotel was....

We went everywhere, even the slums! I didn't see the Somali area though, doubt we missed much :D

how much are you getting paid for promoting SA?

BOB   

how much are you getting paid for promoting SA?

Not as much as they should smile.gif

Peace, Love & Unity.