Sign in to follow this  
winnie

talk to me/ ask me a question

chubacka   

You should go into writing you are v. readable.

(trying to boost your self esteem joking) really you should, start wid short stories or something...I wonder how many frustrated writers der are in the world.

Anyway Life has an overall purpose (To worship Allah alone) it is up to the individual to try to fulfil their purpose or create for themselves something else entirely which the majority of ppl do and have done in the past, wheather they worship money or other gods.

I dnt feel i really answered your question but well had a go anyway icon_razz.gif

what is the best book you ever read?!

Fabregas   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

and why do you have many names for each category ??

wa magacyashu isku dhibay, one name for each country dee :D

winnie   

best book??? i dont know, i love most books ive read but after a month passes i suddenly forget major points in the plot... i like feel good/ happy ending/ sad love stories... is it just me or do tragic love stories make you feel good? i dont know, it both frightens and exilerates me; the idea that you can feel for someone so strongly that it consumes you, its beautiful and scary at the same time.

some good books that come to mind: things fall apart, achebe, the odyssey (which i havent completed but im falling in love with these idolatrous greeks), and wuthering heights by one the bronte sisters.

my question: do you find it ironic that living in a non muslim society accords us more justice than what we would get in any so called muslim country in the world today? do you think Allah is telling us something? shouldnt we do something? letting the oppressor continue to opress is a sin in and of itself, especially if the oppressor is muslim. looking at the world today, its often us who is unjust (saudi arabia, sudan, somalia). what can we do? i look at the situation in darfur, and people know about it now, awareness is not an issue anymore. so what can one do? im sorry if these are heavy questions, anybody can answer 'em.

Allah's Apostle (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: Allah drew the ends of

the world together for my sake. I have seen its eastern and western ends.

The dominion of my Ummah will reach those ends which have been drawn

together near me and I have been granted the red and the white treasures. I

begged my Lord that my Ummah should not be destroyed by famine, nor be

dominated by a foreign enemy who will take their lives and destroy them root

and branch. My Lord said: Muhammad, whenever I make a decision, there is

none to change it. Well, I grant you that your Ummah will not be destroyed

by famine, nor will it be dominated by a foreign enemy who will take their

lives and destroy them root and branch, even if all the people from the

different parts of the world join hands together (for this purpose).

However, it will be from amongst them, viz. your Ummah, that some people

will kill or imprison the others.

*No bloodshed among the people of my Ummah, but He did not grant it *

*Sahih Muslim Hadith, Hadith 6906 Narrated by Sa'd ibn AbuWaqqas*

The state of Muslims worldwide today, is not one to be proud of, yet history metes out both highs and lows, so things will improve IA

Originally posted by GJ_Sheikhspear:

quote:Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

and why do you have many names for each category ??

wa magacyashu isku dhibay, one name for each country dee
:D
looooooooool ,, looks like :D

Ismahaan   

Yes, lets say less dan pretty ppl do find love, honesty i would rather marry an ugly fun guy dan a vain, boring fit one. I seen many couples where one is soo much prettier dan the other

chubacka hi sis eheheh masha allah.

I would never marry an ugly guy kkkkkk plus i think ugly guys are boring. But a handsome guy would never be boring in my opinion.

Aaliyyah   

If a guy isn’t that good looking, we all know that we won’t be attracted to him right off. We will most likely say “ allah kan qabadaran muxu no shegaya”. But, am sure even an ugly brother can be liked after a period of time, once you get to know him and see his sense of humor and his personality. As for loving anyone, whether they are ugly or not. I cant say I have first hand experience with love, I have liked few guys in the course of my life, but love? That is a strong word. Let’s say the right brother haven’t yet knocked on my door that will make me fall in love with him. You know Aaliya is saving her love for that special brother hehehe…

Anyhow, as we all know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I might think a guy is ugly, where maybe another sister would find him good looking. It is up to you, and what is ur definition of good looking

Aniga oo kale nin oo xoga cad oo dheer oo murqu leh ila quruxbadan ..go figure

p.s. Ismahan I found guys who are not that good looking try so hard to win my attention, lets say they can never be boring.Where a handsome brother might be a bit more selfish. :D One of my aunts adviced me to marry a brother who isn't that good looking so i can always remind him " war ado madow oo faruuran ku gursaday ano sidan ah hush dheh" icon_razz.gif

FatB   

There is no such thing as a fore fulfilling life, only bought happiness and limited contentment.

my question: what got you so interested in English lit.? and why

winnie   

what got me interested in english literature? i dont know, i think a part of me just wants to be a pretentious jerk who can quote shakespeare at dinner parties... honestly i dont know, but i love it. i love well told stories, and i like being able to store them in my memory (which, like i mentionned earlier, is very limited). i kind of stumbled in the field. in college i was in the creative arts field, and mostly focused on theater. than i took a hiatus from school altogether and when i went back i initially wanted to do something practical like business but i didnt get in the program at uni, so i chose english literature. i dont care if its a useless degree, im loving it.

btw, just to clarify, my question about ugly people finding love was considering people who are utterly unattractive, like someone who looked like the guy from tales of the crypt keeper, had no money, and about 5 yrs to live. because, as we all know, in storybooks love is for the young, healthy(add a "w" and your set) and beautiful, and those lacking in either of those fields have to compensate in other areas, but what do those who have nothing outwardly attractive do? maybe theyd be too busy with their other problems to be distracted by love? which brings me to my next question: is love an illusionary distraction?