Sign in to follow this  
winnie

talk to me/ ask me a question

Music, siiba heeso Soomaaliyeed is not that bad. Just moderate yourself listening to it. Heeso dhageysi once in a while, here and there, nothing wrong with that. A Sulfa song here today, a Faadumo Qaasin song there the next week or month, waa iska caadi waxaas.

Dadka ku qafiifay heesaha, now that is another matter.

Pucca   

i still listen to music but i do from time to time stop it, but because i have no intention of quitting it all together i start it back up.

What do i do? i simply delete every song from my ipod as well as my computer. No songs...nothing to listen to.

um ..question? erm...how many times did you fall today?? honestly...come on...spill!

winnie   

i think twice... but the second time is a little bit vague... i may be confusing that fall with yesterdays. i fell at least one time today and im not mentally challenged!!!

its just very icy and slippery outside.

question: when do you feel yr best?

Ameen   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar, when you say wrong with listening to music here and there, what do you mean? Didnt Aaliyah mention that it is haraam and dont you think that is at least something you should consider?

Well anyways, Aaliyah, if Allah makes something haraam than He also replaces it with another so that you can satisfy your soul with it. In the case of music, like Pucca said...delete all the songs under your responsibility and replace it with Quran from some of your favourite reciters. Try that and see how you do. Makes dou'aa and be patient in your progress to stop listening to music altogether inshAllah.

My best year of 2005.

Question: If someone tells you that something is haraam, shouldnt that at least be a reason for you to "try" to stop doing it? I know none of us are perfect and its the effort that counts.

winnie   

it depends what it is... cause music is a little bit tricky. first of all, not all music is haram.if i am not mistaken, music with instruments and foul lyrics are haraam, but music in and of itself is fine. there are hadiths that mention ppl singing celebratory songs, and the prophet (peace be upon him) ddnt stop them... and Allah knows best.

when im reminded something is haram by someone i take seriously (cause you know there are ppl who jst love saying "haram, haram, haram" and turn up their nose) than i either 1) stop and remind myself of the hell fire or 2) i ask for proof if ive never heard of such a statement or if it doesnt make sense to me.

Pucca   

Originally posted by Ameen:

Question: If someone tells you that something is haraam, shouldnt that at least be a reason for you to "try" to stop doing it? I know none of us are perfect and its the effort that counts.

nope! i'd find out whether it really was haraam or not and then if i found out that it was haraam...i'd check and see the severity of it. Then i'd 'try' to stop, keeping in mind that not everyone is perfect and that small things count.

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar, when you say wrong with listening to music here and there, what do you mean? Didnt Aaliyah mention that it is haraam and dont you think that is at least something you should consider?

Yaa yiri musik dhan ayaa wada xaaraan ah? Ma daliil ayaa heysaa Quraanka ku qoran? Of course, we are not talking about Rolling Stones or whatnot, which definitely is xaaraan-like.

For your information, some neowadaad isku sheegs also consider buraanbur to be xaaraan these days. Adduunkii la wareeray.

Aaliyyah   

my favorite color is black. I wear black hijab, black abaya, black jacket black shoes looool ..black is the fashion color for me icon_razz.gif

um ..question? erm...how many times did you fall today?? honestly...come on...spill!

I fell once today and I was a lil embarrassed bt it was not my fault the place was slippery and I was wearing high heels. Anyways, I looked around to check if anyone was around and I didnt see any one and I was glad as I stood up and started cleaning my abaya this lady yells from the distance "are you okey?" am like " darn " ;)

Thanks for you advice guys regrading music. I will delete the music from my ipod, almost 80% of my ipod is music whether it is arabic, somali, or english. I will start working on stopping it for now at least, then slowly I might stop all together. insha allah May allah facilitate that for all of us, to have strong iiman to stop what is haram.

p.s. anasheeda wa caadi laakin heesta music ku jiro lama ogola diiniyan.

question

If you wanted to invest in a business back home (Somalia)? what would it be? and why?

winnie   

telephone-or telecommunication... or even the fibres for the wiress for telephone lines, internet etc.

somalis are very social people, and they like to talk alot.

question: do you floss your teeth regularly?