Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

ALL MUSLIMS BOYCOTT DANISH PRODUCTS!!

Originally posted by Sharmarkee:

Salaam,

Can anybody say in where in the West: Holocaust is non-existent, you can go behind bars for that, you cannot be Anti-Semitic by any means, nor Anti-Christian,or anyother religion, But you can insult Islam and Muslims as you like: Let the boycott goes on!!!

Shar,

What you have to understand is moking prophet Mohammed (Scw) doens't make one anti-Islam/muslims just like mocking Jesus (as has already been done by Hollywood and Monty Python), doesn't make one anti-christianity/christians. Ditto for Buddha, Moses, Dali Lama etc.

I didn't see the cartoons but I read they mockingly depicted our prophet. No where did I read the pics were anti-muslims/Islamic without tendentious view. Or inciting hate against the muslims.

Mocking and/or pictorial depiction of ANY prophet, according to Islamic scholars from their reading of the Quran, is prohibited. Isn't it? Don't we as muslims believe Jesus or Issa as one of Allah's prophets? What was the muslim world's response to the films Jesus of Montreal or Monty Python's Life of Brian?

There is long and established tradition in West, dating back to at least early 20th century where revered religious figures were harshly and unjustly ridiculed and mocked. It's part and parcel of post enlightenment Western culture. No religion has escaped from it. The right to mock political/religious leaders is considered sacrosanct, so much so it is enshrined into protected laws.

Please keep in mind that I'm not saying we shouldn't boycott Danish products, just presenting a perspective missing from this thread. smile.gif

Ibtisam   

i don't in any way appose the idea of freedom of speech and for people to express their views on religious issues or none religious issues, however where I draw the line is when people use freedom of speech and expression to ridicule a religious figure, whether it be a sheik, or an individual. i would most certainly not tolerate a corporation making mockery of prophets, whether it be the cartoon pictures of prophet Mohammed with a bomb concealed in his turban or the new film with Jesus portrayed as gay. Muslim people have to find a way to manifest their anger and show that they too are capable of affecting corporation’s.

The fact that the Danish government has refused to issue a full apology in it self does not show their support for freedom of the press but rather illustrates the lack of respect for the large number of Muslims that live in their country and how little they value them. Not only that but it also shows that the Danish government does not expect the Muslims to take a firm stand nor mobilise against this mockery.

Boycotting their products as well as expressing your concern and outrage via e-mail to the government is one of the ways of showing that the Muslim people deserve as much respect as anyone else and their views should be accounted for, whether it be in legislations or by the press, while they practice their freedom of speech. I totally do not agree with them practising their freedom of speech at the expense of Muslim people, just as they would not exercise their freedom of speech at the expense of upsetting gays.

in case anyone has not seen the pictures http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2006/01/danish_muslims_to_appeal_drawi.php

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

What you have to understand is moking prophet Mohammed (Scw) doens't make one anti-Islam/muslims just like mocking Jesus (as has already been done by Hollywood and Monty Python), doesn't make one anti-christianity/christians. Ditto for Buddha, Moses, Dali Lama etc.

Of course mocking the Prophet makes you anti-Islamic. As does mocking Jesus make you anti-Chrisitian. You can bet the Christian Evangelicals in the States weren't applauding Monty Python when it came out - they were likely offended.

I didn't see the cartoons but I read they mockingly depicted our prophet. No where did I read the pics were anti-muslims/Islamic without tendentious view. Or inciting hate against the muslims.

When you depict the Prophet as a terrorist with a bomb hidden in his turban - I am not sure how any rational, practising Muslim can say that is pro-Islam or that it doesn't engage in stereotypes and hatred towards Muslims|

Mocking and/or pictorial depiction of ANY prophet, according to Islamic scholars from their reading of the Quran, is prohibited. Isn't it? Don't we as muslims believe Jesus or Issa as one of Allah's prophets? What was the muslim world's response to the films Jesus of Montreal or Monty Python's Life of Brian?

That red line was crossed long ago by so called Christians themselves - it's an old issue. If you ask Muslims they will say those depictions are blasphemous and condemnable. However, when they try to cross a new red line by depicting the Prophet, let along adding mockery to it, - Muslims must and will stand up.

There is long and established tradition in West, dating back to at least early 20th century where revered religious figures were harshly and unjustly ridiculed and mocked. It's part and parcel of post enlightenment Western culture. No religion has escaped from it. The right to mock political/religious leaders is considered sacrosanct, so much so it is enshrined into protected laws.

That's lovely but no religion is like Islam - it is unto its own. So just because others were mocked means diddly...

ElPunto   

Originally posted by ibtisam:

The fact that the Danish government has refused to issue a full apology in it self does not show their support for freedom of the press but rather illustrates the lack of respect for the large number of Muslims that live in their country and how little they value them. Not only that but it also shows that the Danish government does not expect the Muslims to take a firm stand nor mobilise against this mockery.

You TOTALLY hit the nail on the head. It is less about the newspaper than about the government's response. In any society there will be a**holes and racists who will take similar action. But this is where a responsible and unbiased government steps in and issues the strongest possible condemnation and repudiation. Note however, that the newspaper in question is one with the largest daily circulation in Denmark. Now WHAT does that say about that country? Onward, Aryan soldiers!

I am so glad I don't live in that place - imagine if the New York Times printed that sort of garbage - Jews, Christians, Buddhists would be protesting alongside Muslims.

Ibtisam   

I am so glad I don't live in that place - imagine if the New York Times printed that sort of garbage - Jews, Christians, Buddhists would be protesting alongside Muslims.

really!! i hope so.

in london we have the daily mail, which has not gonne so far but is heading that way :mad:

ElPunto   

Originally posted by ibtisam:

quote: I am so glad I don't live in that place - imagine if the New York Times printed that sort of garbage - Jews, Christians, Buddhists would be protesting alongside Muslims.

really!! i hope so.

in london we have the daily mail, which has not gonne so far but is heading that way :mad:
I can reliably say that in North America - we have a much better established system of multi-culturalism and respect for others than say continental Europe. It's interesting what you say about the Daily Mail though British tabloid papers have a reputation for notoriety and filth. Hope they won't stoop that low. Then all those relatives of mine that left Holland/Sweden/Denmark etc for the UK because they couldn't stand the close-mindedness of the people will get a rude awakening.

Dab ninkii ku gubtaa yaqaan kuleylkiisa.

Denmark is world's #1 racist and islamphobics when rated by cauntry and by people. I have been living here and still live for the last 16 yrs and for them their hate and animosity towards muslims and their faith never been something to be ashamed of publicly and constantly offending Islam and the muslims on their TVs and newspapers to this day today.

:

..we are strong proponents of the freedom of religion and because we respect the right of any human being to practise his or her religion, offending anybody on the grounds of their religious beliefs is unthinkable to us.

What a load of bullshit!! lies!. what a bunch of liars! They always falsely claim to be defending the freedom of speech, ok, but when a turkish magazine called Tempo challenged them and put Denmark on test by publishing this below picture of naked Rasmusen, (the danish premierminister) and the kurdish PKK now jailed leader, Abdullah Öcalan in bed together and comfortably watching the now outlawed PKK's Roj TV.

0511251835251701_12dd8628.jpg

So, many danish papers started to write & badmouthing Turkey. When asked the primemister about this, he refered it to denmarks press freedom body to deal with it if they have a case there! what a sheer hypocrisy!! :D

If you want to read it this is my previously post about Denmark's soaring racism towards muslims.

am

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Horta dutchku waayadaan waa kibreen! Boycott their product, I say.

Danes-ka dheh. Balayo ku dutch gareeysay smile.gif

I have never seen any danish products. Never. I know this danish dude,so am boycotting him.

Ibtisam   

I have never seen any danish products. Never. I know this danish dude,so am boycotting him.

:D:D:D boycot him if he agrees with this rubbish

The Danish government along with most other European countries have been issuing anti-Islamic laws, in Belgium they also banned the hijab, and a friend of mines nephew’s teacher was insulting the prophet in class – and they didn’t know what to say the poor kid, who is only 7.

I was recently reading an article in the New York Times Magazine, where they had an article on Germany, where Arab families were killing their daughters for honor killings - and they’re making a huge issue about culture clash in a world where monoculture is clearly prevailing through the media.

The problem is this – Europe’s abundant tolerance is actually leading to extreme intolerance on both ends. The cultural warfare has begun – even those who have assimilated are waging the war on the other end.

Ibtisam   

this is one of the few times that i will use religion fo argument sake.

Lets us not forget that we are the Prophet SAW Ummah and that on the day of Judgement he will intercede on our behalf and his intercession will be accepted, absolving many sinful believers.

We should love the Prophet SAW more than we love our parents. None of us would tolerate the dishonour of our mother or father, so this should be even more intolerable to us.

Allah asks the Prophet to remind his Nation that it is essential for those who claim to love God, to love His Prophet :

"Say to them: If you love God, follow (and love and honor) me, and God will love you" (3:31). [see also (2)]

This obligation to love the Prophet means to obey him, to remember him, to follow his example, and to be proud of him as Allah is proud of him, since Allah has boasted about him in His Holy Book by saying:

"Truly you are of a magnificent character" (al-Qalam 4).

Love of the Prophet is what differentiates the believers in the perfection of their imaan. In an authentic hadith related in Bukhari and Muslim, the Prophet said:

"None of you believes until he loves me more than he loves his children, his parents, and all people." In another hadith in Bukhari he said: "None of you believes until he loves me more than he loves himself."

This issue is important in rousing the Muslims awake from their sleep and if defending the honour of the Prophet SAW fails to do that then it tells us much about of the state of mind of the the Muslims and the problems we are facing today.

I agree that we are short on Manpower and that it is hard to fight everything but there our some fights that are an obligation on us and this is one of them.

The results/outcomes do not matter, what does is that we tried our level best as we will be held accountable.

my preaching is done

cheers

Castro   

Nordic firm hit by Arab boycott

The Danish-Swedish dairy giant Arla Foods says its sales in the Middle East have plummeted to zero as a result of a row over cartoons published in Denmark.

The firms said it had to lay off 100 people because of the fall in demand.

The row began when a Danish newspaper published a series of caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad, some of them depicting him as a terrorist.

Anger against Denmark is continuing to grow across the Middle East, despite an apology offered by the newspaper.

Arla Foods, one of Europe's biggest dairy companies, is being hardest hit by a boycott of Danish products across the region.

The company has annual sales of $480m there.

Read more.

I suppose freedom of speech is really not compatible with profits, is it? Between the double standard of rejecting the democratic outcome of Palestinian elections to the demands of Iran stop nuclear activities, to this row with Denmark, the west is really showing its true colors. An empire that is corrupt, naked and two-faced.

These b@stards are reaping what they've sown for centuries.