Sign in to follow this  
GlassEyeGirl

Divorce Shower...

Tuujiye   

Waraada is the party only for maryooleey (naago) or nimankana waa isa soo taagi karaan ayagoo surweel (biiko) ku dhamaatay..lol..

yo parties like this happen everyday in T.O..diforce parties are the best parties too..They party at mama (Nakrooma's) joint. We call it "caravan" party cause all them single mothers be driving "grand caravan"..lol..

yo is 2005 soon..things changed alot..ilaaheey hana soo hanuunsho...

wareer badanaa!!

NGONGE   

I have a friend who came out of prison recently. He spent twelve months locked in a small cell. He’s very withdrawn and depressed at the moment. I too, had the bright idea of organising a prison shower for him! We’ll invite everyone round (might even hire out a big hall and a musical band). I’ll insist that all the guests come armed with suitable gifts. The theme of this party will be “FREEDOMâ€. This might sound idiotic to you but there is method behind this madness of mine. I’m trying to cheer my friend up and show him that now he’s out of prison, he’s free to do anything he likes. Anything! Even organise parties celebrating his release. There is no harm in organising such a party, is there?

Sheeko kale ban idiin haya, ma doonayo en aan af gaalo ku qoro sheekadan. Wa enaan ceebta yada asturna ( marka ega raali ahaada hadaan af somaliga ku yara ceyaaro ).

Sheekadan aad ka hadlaysaan waxay I xasuusisi waxay Somalido London joogta sameen jireen marko qof cosob Somali ka imin jiray. Waxa loo sameen jiray “ Welcome to London†xaflad (Hada waa qof Somalia ka yimid o ingreeska esko dhiibe doona!).

Sheekada ban la yaabi jiray, lakin markan arkay sheekadan fortanka aad la timadeen, kuwa “welcome to London†sameen jiray waxay ela noqdeen dad maskax eyo celmi leh. Qofka cosob ayaay farxada ingreeska la qaybsan jireen, edinka na, gabadh la foray bad nacasnimadeed la qaybsanaysan.

Alahoma dadka wada astor.

nuune   

edinka na, gabadh la foray bad nacasnimadeed la qaybsanaysan.

loooooooooooooool, well said duqa, waa wax lala yaabo, xaflad furoow aa la sameenaa lugula haa wallee wax kasta waa la arki, midanna wey noo dhinneed,

next time, we will hear celebrating the death of a person to erase the sadness ama lagu tirtiro dhibaatadii lagala kulmay geerida qofka dhintay,

yaab badanaa

Originally posted by NGONGE:

edinka
[/i]
na, gabadh la foray bad
nacasnimadeed la qaybsanaysan.

Yaaaa? Xagee ayaad ku maqashey nacasnimada gabadha? Ma nacaskii furey ayaad tahey?

Gabadha la hadal hayo ha ku danbi galin. Shan bilood ayaa ka soo danbeeyey dhibaatada ey soo martey, wali na wey ka xun tahey. Xaflada la sheego ya na war kama heyso, sidaan u fahmey sheekada. Markaa, sheekada ha nagu dul xawaasheen. Sh*dh.

Hadii ey nacasnimo meesha taalo, si wacan ayaad faraha u la gashey. Baga ayaad na afkeena ugu soo qortey. Wax lagu hadlo kumaad hadlin. Fariidka loltu ka soo horeeyso na waxaan odhan la haa: kilkilooyinka qarso hadii aad xadanto badan tahey.

GlassEyeGirl, don't acknowledge the divorce with a party. Be there for your friend, remind her of Allah's Will and by all means spoil her if you can; she needs the distraction and the boost.

The rest of you: please, excuse my Somali. It isn't great and I'm irritated right now. Can u guess why?

NGONGE   

^^ I see you're still being emotional, sister.

Tell me when you've calmed down if you require a response to your above rant. :D

I'm calm. You don't need my permission to respond to anything, N. Do you need time to work out how you're going to explain this one away? U're losing your touch, duq.

nuune   

^^^^

Fariidka loltu ka soo horeeyso na waxaan odhan la haa: kilkilooyinka qarso hadii aad xadanto badan tahey.

duqda banoontaada dhinac iiga leexi yaah, thanks

NGONGE   

Are you sure you're calm? :(

Oh. Calm but very alert, eh?

You’ve already blocked my exit and are sitting by the door ready to shoot down anything I write back as being a mere “excuseâ€!

I never thought I’d ever get the chance to use these words, but, mala af somaliga kugo adag, walaal. My comments were tongue-in-cheek (thought the long intro was enough for any calm person to realise that).

At this point, the only gentlemanly thing for me to do is return the favour and permit you to reply to this post if you so wish. :D

Your long intro was separate to the italicised section of your post. I understood what u had to say perfectly despite the fact that af Soomali is more adag on you than me.

Ha adkaado af Soomaligaagu e yaanu xumaan.

NGONGE   

I can sense you loosening up a little. Your last sentence could almost be construed as kind advice!

Now, we can talk. My long intro also included the parts in Italics, sister. I have a feeling you think I’m many things already. But I doubt that you think I’m mad enough to call a woman I don’t know ‘***** ’. It really does not need any explanation but since it distressed you that much, I apologise for my badly received humour.

Tuujiye   

waraa calaacalka nagadaa...

SheheraZade, sis ninkaan halayaabin yaaqee, dhulka hoostiis uu kasoo baxay. Suu u eg yahay ma u jeedidoo..lol...

Nuune kilkiloweyne...looooooooooooool...

wareer badanaa!!

Well thank you all for your input, both negative and positive. Maybe celebration was the wrong choice of word for this particular event. I should’ve said gathering or get together. But I don’t believe there is anything wrong with making someone feel better and having family and friends over to cheer that person up, it’s not like we’re celebrating a death of a beloved one. It’s sort of like a support group that will be there for her through the good time and bad, there’s nothing wrong with saying macaanto you’ll be fine insha Allah. And I’m sure sitting around and dogging her ex-husband out will be part of the agenda too…naa kaas fa’ido awalba malaheyna iska dhaaf, you can do better than him…those type pep talks always helps. (kidding). Furitaanka is not the end of the world; it’s natural part of life. Marka you can either feel sad and blue and fall into deeper depression or dust yourself off and say ilaah baa ii maqan oohin iyo baroor waxba iima tarayso.

7&9..It can be therapeutic; having family and friends there to give a person a shoulder to cry on can always speed up the recovery process.

Che-Guevan…maxaad tidhi ..too good of a story aa??? What can I say; they had the perfect divorce with no strings attached. ;)

ngonge. lol@welcome to London. That happens everywhere maryoolay are at. In Minnesota we had this lady that came from San Jose and she had welcome to MN party. You don’t even have to come from Somalia or another country nowadays. Lakiinsa soo tii makii wadankaanaba la joogay dadka markay magaalo kale ka yimaadan la soo dawaan jiray oo marti qaad loo samaan jiray minus the band? What is the difference?

Originally posted by Taqwa:

quote: They said it would make her feel like we’re celebrating her failed marriage and put her into a deeper depression. But I really don’t think so.

Mansha'allah Your Smart. Celebrating one of the things that Allah dislikes but doesn't forbid. Very smart indeed.

Pssst. Hope you pick out the sarcasm in there.
Got it Taqwa...very cute.

lol@sheb...kilkilodiisa ma halkaas bay ka soo muqataa. Thanks for the input walaashis.

I hope, I have not sounded too serious or insensitive toward the issue, but it’s kinda difficult not to be neither, when you don't know your audience. You guys are tough crowd, waa iga cabsiisaan walaahi.

:(

Faheema.   

Originally posted by sheherazade
:

Yaaaa? Xagee ayaad ku maqashey nacasnimada gabadha? Ma nacaskii furey ayaad tahey?

Gabadha la hadal hayo ha ku danbi galin. Shan bilood ayaa ka soo danbeeyey dhibaatada ey soo martey, wali na wey ka xun tahey. Xaflada la sheego ya na war kama heyso, sidaan u fahmey sheekada. Markaa, sheekada ha nagu dul xawaasheen. Sh*dh.

Hadii ey nacasnimo meesha taalo, si wacan ayaad faraha u la gashey. Baga ayaad na afkeena ugu soo qortey. Wax lagu hadlo kumaad hadlin. Fariidka loltu ka soo horeeyso na waxaan odhan la haa: kilkilooyinka qarso hadii aad xadanto badan tahey.

lool, walahi waad iga qoslisay :D , Laakiin, I think NGONGE knew he would get a response like this (if not worse) when he was writing that comment. From reading some of his posts, it's typical of him to push the button that bit extra, making some responses more interesting ;)

Back to the topic, Divorce Shower sounds a bit OTT, as some of the sisters suggested, there are other ways of cheering her up and taking her mind off the matter, take her on a luxury health spa experience, Go on a Shopping spree, maybe a long vacation.