Sign in to follow this  
GlassEyeGirl

Divorce Shower...

Tuujiye   

Shyma or should i say qaarada afrika..kaalay ayeeyo, wiligaa maka fikirtay in aad business ka furatid "furida xaasaska"..lol..waxaa u bixin laheed (dib u dhisitaanka amuuraha garoobyada)..loooooool..aaaaaaa..caadi ma'aha..lol

wareer badanaa!!!

Shower power!

New Yorker to host a divorce shower.

By Jeffrey Cottrill

Everybody loves a party. We mark many life events with celebration, including births, weddings, and bar mitzvahs. Even some funerals are accompanied by receptions or "wakes" to celebrate the deceased person's life. So if we have baby showers and bridal showers, why not a divorce shower?

There are different ways to approach the idea: in one respect, you could be celebrating your new independence from an unhappy marriage; in another, you could observe the end of the agonizing, stressful court process. Or the party could just mark the transition between periods in your life. Either way, it might be a great way to get something positive out of a negative experience.

On February 10, New York press agent Bruce Cohen will be celebrating his own divorce shower, which has been organized "by my good friend Mamie McDonough," he says.

"Shortly after I gained control of my apartment," explains Cohen, "I found that a lot of my stuff was missing -- measuring cups, spoons, cutlery...I'm still discovering stuff gone. So I stopped in at [NY homeware store] Bed Bath & Beyond with Mamie to get stuff, and she just said to me: 'I'm going to throw you a divorce shower!' It made sense that she'd have the idea, since she has thrown parties in the White House."

"In a divorce, the need for products is as great as -- or greater than -- when two people are getting married," says Divorce Magazine publisher Dan Couvrette. "A divorce shower, or party, is a great idea: psychologically, it's a good way to complete the past and start a new life; practically, it allows friends to offer moral support and/or gifts to help you through a difficult time."

Cohen has even registered the shower at Bed Bath & Beyond -- listed under "brides". "They were a bit taken aback by it," says Cohen about the registration. "Obviously they were used to baby showers, wedding showers and even gay couples' showers. They'd never registered a divorce one."

Cohen says that the shower will include "catered food, music, champagne, and a good deal of fun!" He and McDonough have even made a song list, which includes "Hit the Road, Jack," "The Best is Yet to Come," "D-I-V-O-R-C-E," and even "Take the Money and Run."

"We just wanted to get together and say, 'hey -- it's over,'" says McDonough. "He's really had a tiresome divorce."

Although this may be the world's first divorce shower -- at least the first recorded one -- divorce parties are nothing new. Ralf Boettger, the manager of Chicago's Dick's Last Resort nightclub, has thrown a few successful divorce parties, each featuring a "break-up cake" with a plastic bride and groom stuck in it upside-down. And some companies, like Plum Party, market Divorce Party kits (more on this next week).

Link: http://www.divorcemag.com/news/012901.shtml

lol@Shower power.

Femme, so this is already happening in NY..cool.

I'm thinking of opening Divorce boutiques. One in Rodeo Drive in Beverly hills, and the other one of those Somali malls.

Juxa   

sa wr wb.

its probably not good idea for me to respond to this topic cause it gets my blood cooking. bt i feel i have to for the sake of humanity

:D

first of all, our sis who asked for the advice. i dont think its good idea to give her a divorce shower, it will be like celebrating her failure. good or bad, no woman want her marriage to end up in divorce. you see this is one thing somali men get it totally wrong. we pride ourselves with a marriage and hate when it ends in divorce.

so to give her a party, will be like putting her on the spot. she will feel uncomfortable and maybe ashamed that her pain and suffering is now public knowledge. so i think you and your other friends should by all means cheer her up. the idea of sending her to her mother is great. maasha allah, boook her spa, and lift her spirit, stay with her or let her stay with you. anything that takes her mind of the divorce.

now back to the person who commented on NACASNIMADA. if anyone should be ashamed inuu reerkiisa dumo, it is the man. yes i know what iam saying. its his responsibility to keep his family together. i admit that some women deserve the death penalty, bt nonetheless he should be a MAN and keep it together. ***** waxa ah ninki hal naag dhaqi waayay :mad:

i remember this song haduu reer gabagaboobo,

gundhigiisana xumaado, waxa gabay aabahood .

so my point is, i totally detaste the men meesha afkooda lasoo taagaya wixi xunba xaawa leh. .

warhooy, it takes two to tango. adiga iska bilow, what have u done wrong? why has your marriage broken down? instead of passing the buck!

yaa rabi cafis, i hope it never happens to you but to those it happens, may allah grant you iimaan and put you thro this harrowing experience.

qofki dacwo qaba, ha isoo aado :rolleyes:

NGONGE   

first of all, our sis who asked for the advice. i dont think its good idea to give her a divorce shower, it will be like celebrating her failure.

The “person†you spoke off was I, sister. :D

I’m slightly puzzled though! It might be a case of understanding, but how does my joke about “nacánimo†differ from your serious point about “failure�

The man’s part in the story was not the point of this discussion, therefore there was no need to cover that part, see! Or is he getting a party too? Cajiib! :rolleyes:

king_450   

What on earth this world coming to. Divorce shower! is this divorce shower goes both of them,is it equal opportunity divorce shower.

Juxa   

Ngonge, i merely commented on the fact that the men's part of the marriage break up is never discussed. it is always the women who become the 'garoob' it is the women who has stigma attached to her. wherever she goes, pple whisper and she is made to feel like she has failied herself, her family and her future.

now, all iam saying is, if there is '***** ' i think its the man who cant keep his family together. and who at the first sign of trouble seeks the simple way out.

i still think divorce shower is bad idea!

Faheema.   

Originally posted by Garab Tuujiye:

Shyma or should i say qaarada afrika..kaalay ayeeyo, wiligaa maka fikirtay in aad business ka furatid "furida xaasaska"..lol..waxaa u bixin laheed (dib u dhisitaanka amuuraha garoobyada)..loooooool..aaaaaaa..caadi ma'aha..lol

wareer badanaa!!!

As a matter of fact, I did and it was called Ha u Joojin ...lakiin I was overworked so I had to quit :( , too much demand not enough supply :D

Qaxar Badanaa !!!

Ok even though I'm l8....i think i should add my two cents, since the purpose of this "party" is to celebrate the girls new beginning...wouldn't you guys agree that the x-husband deserves one as-well? the best thing to do is invite the husband so they can 4give each other in front of the whole crowd, no hard feelings kinda thing. I mean when they got married people celebrated with them so wheres the harm in here?

ps.....i honestly think that this divorce shower thing sucks totally dude!!!