Sign in to follow this  
lulla

IS HONESTY THE BEST POLICY?....

lulla   

I believe in honesty but i don't think it is the best policy.I mean what is the truth anyway?Your truth might not be my truth, so how do we decide what is the truth exactly? sometimes i have hard time deciding weather i should be honest or not?what if i hurt someone else's feeling, what if i say the wrong thing,what if someone hate me because of it? Most people nowdays do not tell the whole truth.They either leave something out or add something to it.This honesty thing is a very slippery slope. We all say we are honest. We all expect honesty from others.

So, the question is, should we always be honest with everyone we contact?The answer is, probably not.

Mujahida   

Lies can be proven to be lies when they are stood next to the truth, and no matter if ur a dummie or blind or deaf " the truth has no dark lines it's clear, You can feel it in ur heart when U know that someone is liying and the same when someone is telling the truth.

and ur right sometimes it's difficult to tell the truth " as u said u can hurt someone , but remember that " there is no shame in a truth"

Truth can be blamed but cannot be shamed. So tell it for Allah will love you for it.

be honest in everything u do sista even if it'll kill u for it's better to die with it then without it.

Remember this quote " Though a lie be swift the truth over takes it ".

and don't we all know how the truth's always at last comes out even if u stored it deep within the Ocean it'll come out if not tomorrow then the day after if not in weeks then in years. Truth is mighty and will prevail.

Salam

Hibaad   

Well i don't know if it works but i rather be honest and sometimes ppl don't like to hear the trut but its what they need in the long run. U know what they say qof wax ku siyaa wuu badan yahay lakin qof runta kuu shugaa baa yar or something along the lines of that, anyways i think honesty is the best policy even if it does hurt sometimes. I have been asked enought times by my friends plzz don't be so honest sometimes but i think one day ppl just thank u for being honest even if they don't like what they hear. I personally rather be told the trut no matter what.

OG Moti   

"Honesty is not always the best policy" everyone knows that.... unless people like to lie to themselves...

1. You cheated on you beloved wife.. she loved you so much and you love her.. if you tell her, you lost her respect and life will never be the same for both of you...

Solution dont tell her, but never do it again..

2. You like your friends partner, if you tell your friend he will never trust you again and your friendship is over

Solution try to forget the idea of liking her and accept that she/he is with your friend..

so these are two simple examples how honesty could not be the best policy... but avoid every bad thing and do the good things like our dear religion tells us... Keep Allah in mind and you never have to guess wheather to tell or not to.. peace

When I first read this post the words ' psycho' and 'deranged' were flying thru my head. No offence to lulla..i mean u seem like a nice girl, but it's just cos for some reason, in this day and age, there is no such thing as the truth. And for someone to be that confused over something which has almost become a myth...that was just wierd..even a little spooky.

Lulla take my word for it unless you happen to stumble across a very unqiue and defined person there is minimal chance that someone will tell you the truth.

And i know this sounds cynical, but thats the way the world has turned. So i think wether you lie or tell the truth..no one really gives a f*!k anymore.

NGONGE   

What’s with this new fashion of resurrecting old threads? :confused:

Who’s the culprit?

:mad:

Honest is Honest,,,,, and it is the best policy whatever it costs . I know that sometimes it is very difficult to be honest ,,, but it affects in an invisible way, i mean the affect of the honesty is not always as clear as the sun but it does exist.

I asure you . . be honest ,, be honest ,, and u'll see your worst enemy becomes your best friend ,,,,,,

I still say ,, be honest ,,, be honest be honest

Wiilo   

well lulla, I think that Honesty is the best policy, there is an old saying that says "The truth sets you free" well, you are right when you say "My truth may not be your truth" yeah, but always being sincere and honest is good. Remember our Prophet Mohammed(SCW,)one of his names was "Muhammedul Amiin" do you know why he had that name, because he was honest human being, he always used to tell the truth no matter what. You are right, when you tell the truth people would hate you but remember ALLAAH would love you simpe by telling the truth, no matter what people say or if they hate you for that matter. Always tell the truth because it is the best.

What’s with this new fashion of resurrecting old threads?

Who’s the culprit?

I was wondering along the same lines :mad: :mad:

Qac Qaac   

tell the trueth even if is against you..

trueth is the trueth..

even as a joke, tell the trueth...

lies evaporate after short time, but trueth stays for long time..

runta dadka way kugu nacaan, laakiin who cares.

as a mu'min we are told, mu'min never lies.

so be honest all the time.

honest huh!....hada ka hor aan gabar ku iri "abaayo afkaaga aa uraayo, ma soo cadayatid miyaa"qalin biire ay dhabarka iga gilisay....maalintaas ka bacdi in aan dadka runta u sheego waan ka cabsadaa....waad waalantihiin if yall think honesty is the best policy....NOT TRUE...NOT TRUE AT ALL

asxantu

Wiilo   

SHOOBARO walaal haddii aad adiga la kulantay dhibaato yar adoo sheegaya ama sheegay runta, ma'han in aad tiraahdo runta mafiicna ama ha sheegin run, waayo, way tahay in runta markasta la sheego maxaa yeelay diinteenna macaan ee Islam ah ayaa naleh sheega runta, marka haddii qof kaa xumaan lahaa iyo haddii kalayba macno masamaynayso 'cause diinta ayaa ku amartay in aad runta sheegto no matter what, no offence, i understand that you are entittled your opinion, but honest is the best solution bro.

Tuujiye   

waraa Shoobaro Kaalay Lair Liar aa filinkaas aa soo tabacareesatay aa ladhahee..wax maa ka jira..

Waraa laakiin beentaa ma'aha.. Gabshahaan run iyo been wax ee jecel yihiin ma aqaan nooh. Run aa sheegee, been loow aa lagu dhahaa, been aa sheegee beenloow aa lagu dhahaa..Iyagana wax ka been badan ma jiraan..........Naag iyo run waxee kala yihiin dab iyo baasiin...ma isku soo dhawaadaan.. Ilaahow mee shiikhad xitaa ahaato.looooooooooooooool...

PS. waraa kaftan lee iga tahay...lol

wareer badanaa!!!!!