Sign in to follow this  
Maymuunah

girls, I am eagerly wanting your help here

Okey this may sound strange to some of you and i bet there are some of you who have never used it or tried it but bare with me here gabdho.I have a friend who really encourages me to put my face daina or whatever they call it..you know the creamy thing they put on the face. but I am so hesitant about it. I am a light skinned person but I am oily on the face and some tiny dimples that i get some times..you know like when the MP is near. my mom over heard us when day when she was telling me to buy and she said.."girl your face will never me the same a gian" I got scared a lil bit but walaahi I am thinking in trying this thing.

so please tell me how the thing effects the face texture. let me say you use it only to try once..is it gonna do something to your face..will it make you age faster..I also used to hear..you get close to the fire..gabar you are done? is that true and what is bleach? is that the one you can't go near heat.....

my overall question is how does it work and does it have a long effect? please do give me your honest answer here and i guess we might find a one or two who use..pls do give me your experiece in it. I am not even a makeup user!

by the way i have seen some Sudans girls at school( you know the mixed with fare skin) who wear it and boy do they look cute or what.

NGONGE   

I’m afraid there are no girls to help you today. It’s just me here now, I moved in last month. I live on the third thread on your left when you’re heading towards the Camel Milk Debate section. Nice to have made your acquaintance; I’m NGONGE, I come in peace, to infinity blah blah...

Anyway, about your dilemma! My advice to you is not to do it. I’m a man and even I can spot the fake ones a mile away. It’s just not natural for a black woman to get red cheeks in hot weather. I’m sure there are countless products out there that can help you keep a clean and fresh skin without having to resort to bleach! Diana, Fair & Lovely and all those other products are what low caste Indian women use to look fair and get a high born husband. Our beautiful Somali girls don’t need to rely on chemicals to get a husband surely?

When the Pen insulted the Pencil, he called him rubber face.

:rolleyes:

Nice to meet you too Ngone. did you said you can spot her from a mile? biskinka dheh. eventhough you are not a girl but you have mentioned a reasonaable points out there man. I guess i will reconsider doing it lakin is diana kind of a bleach? I heard it is not. well what do i know i guess i have to ask the other girls they might have some clue about it.

you are right what had happened to the girls today. may be since this website was down few days back..they still think it is still down.just guessing they might not be like ngone whose second home has become SOL.

I am so bored today staying at home and school is closed. man i need to look for a job but who will hire a khimaarad lady. these people in my city are so antiscarfed/anitcovered ladies or should i say they are racists. if i leave my khimar behind i can certainly get a job..that is absurd innit.

NGONGE   

I think most people are away revising or having their exams. Wish I were as young as them. :(

As for the khimar, is that the face cover or are you talking about the xijaab itself? I’m assuming it’s the face cover! I don’t know if these people are “racists” but if the jobs you’re applying for are “customer-facing” type of jobs, it’s understandable why they would not want to hire someone who has her face covered! You would be better off applying for back office jobs. But, since you’ve got a khimar on and, presumably would not work with men, how will you feel about working in closed or open plan offices? I’m not really sure what opportunities will be open to you in these gaalo lands. Good luck though.

OG_Girl   

lol@sareedo and NGONGE , guys SOL still down, anyways I have no clue how we r here ..lol

Back to the topic , Don't ever use it , girl even normal make up I scare to put on my skin. even tho i am navy black and happy with it , Thanks to the khaliij sun ..lol

salam

PS:NGONGE, La taf6'7ny pleasooo ;)

salam

Salma   

Donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt ever use it, dont ever think of using such creams. Girl the natural skin is the best for you. Ialways prayed to have a clear face rather than having a skin with light colour. Why bcz the black colour is amazing wallahi, it attracts and shine more than the light skin. Thats what i think, subxan allah, nobody is satisfied in this life.

Listen dear, when i was about 15 yrs the acne started with me, and i was about to kill myself i used to avoid going out or meeting ppl, otherwise 9oooomalidoo naftaas beykookinayan "iiiiido maxa wajegey kahelay" :confused: its enough iam suffering and they are increasing my sufferings with their harsh words, hello i know that well, i see it in the mirror everymorning. I used to ask the mirror daily "Mirror Mirror on the Wall, who is the most suffering girl in the world" :( ,

I prayed so hard to get a black skin,elmohem to be clear. People used to tell me use " Diana " "Ideal" "Rose" ...etc. But my aunti who is a nurse refused and advised me not to use them no matter what. she told me its a matter of time and it will be over soon. Besides hear this:-

1- Such creams will spoil ur face skin.

2- It make the face skin weak and ur face skin wont be able to defend itself from the Sun beams.

3- About the bleaching creams, girl this will go inside your blood and will cause u many troubles later, i dont wanna scare you but i believe your should care about your lever, kidnyes, lungs,blood more than than how does your face look like.

So, why dont you try the herbal things. THe natural products, try the Yoghurt, ghasel, cucumbers, Black seeds (xaba sooda) mix xaba sooda with yoghurt and put them in your face daily and it will give u shining.

Iam a khimaard too and iam working too. You will get a job sure inshallah, just rely on Allah.

When i was in Grade 10 (awal thanawy) 5 somali girls and me used to be in the same bus. One is still here in Abu Dhabi, the rest are in Netherland, UK and USA. So those girls were very funny walahi, they used to attend all the somali weddings in SHertaon, Meridian, Crown Plaza, InterCon... and i used to stuy hard in order to get a high percentage. And i got it thanx god. So they used to tell me "Naya are thinking yourself going to Harvard of Oxford, you will be going to Emirates Unviersitiy or Ajman University, nothing else. So once they told me about their "Devilish PLan" they added this Cream "Ideal" with a cream which is used for the Burnings in the hospital to re-builed the burned skins i think they call it "Dermofeet" iam not sure. They mixed them both and put them in their faces, within 3 weeks the girls turned to WHITEE, so white, but u know what the hidden scartches in their skin came out. Besides they forgot to whiten the rest of their bodies. SO they became with white faces and and black bodies :D

Being Natural is the best thing.

Gediid   

Sareedo

The purpose women use that stuff I guess is to look good but honestly speaking I think it makes them ugly.As a man I would never bat an eyelid in the direction of a woman who I suspect has that stuff on. I think you are definately better off without it.

Blessed   

I wouldn't advice you to use it girl. 'Diana girls' look nasty. Do you know that it actually damages the the top layer of your skin, letting through all the dirt and ish. Which is why you see those girls with pink /black / nasty looking faces. Diana actually creats more spots, them nasty black circles yu see on some ppor xaliimos face.

Your better of seeing a beauty therapist and asking her to recommed a cream for ya. You know our people are so 'sheepy' (no pun intended ya'll) about these things, they just insist on taking their beauty advice from the wrong people. Your better of with a product that is best suited to your skin and thats going to do you more benefit than good. My sis, has oily skin and gets the occasional spots - she uses the Kanebo (same company makes dirac's) skin range. It's a lil costly but worth smile.gif

P.S Best wishs with your job hunting sis. never sell-out as you'll get what is meant for ya. smile.gif

It's good to finaly be online How comes some of yous lot were on line - when I couldn't access sol :confused:

OG_Girl   

Ameenah, SOL still down , we r here illegal ...lol

seriously I don't know how we can post and still there is message saying: "we r moving to new server...."

3ajeeb !!

salam

NGONGE   

That's just you, and Ameenah, Ex-Nomad! I logged in normally two days ago. Everything looks fine on my end.

serik fe beer, ya sooda :rolleyes:

LuCkY   

^^^YOu must be one of the exception then.^^^

Lol OG_GirL ILLegaL indeed...Ameenah I feeL ya.

Sareeda DONT ever use Diana because it has consequences...I dont know what kind of friend encourages a friend to bLeach their face.I have an oiLy face and some pimpLes every now and then.Just use the reguLar face cLeaning products that arent abrasive to your skin.

Sareedo,

Dont touch that Diana creme or your skin will be messed up for life.

Your better off with a 'lil acne than zebra-style stripes across your face (am exaggerating a lil here, but I hope u get the point).

I repeat DONT DO IT for the love of God!

As i said before, SEE YOUR FAMILY DOC.

HE/SHE WILL GIVE U SOME PRESCRIPTION CREMES FOR UR FACE, AND ITS GOING TO WORK WONDERS!

FORGET ABOUT ALL THE STORE MONEY SPENDERS!

thank you so much girls. you had indeed scared the hell out of me. I won't do it and I am glad to have posted my dilemma in here as Ngone put it. I will try the yogurt and the black seed em had suggested.

girls is huruud okey. I never put in my face walaahi and my mom never allowed me to do it in my teenage years but since now I am for my own I am allowed to do those stuffs but I sometimes get the caution look. how is huruud I am eager to try it too.

About the khimar Ngone, i don't cover my face. I can't think of covering my face in here . i am scared for myself man. i don't wanna people harassing me for that but truly these people in my small city used to harass me my earlier times but i guess they get used to my khimar now. but finding a job is headache. you fill a form and walaahi you can't count how many applications i had filed and no body calls you after that. sometimes they tell you we will call you but nuh nothing.I think the reason being is so little muslim families in here. it is a redneck city and their kids stand minutes in looking how you are dressing in malls and on streets but i guess since things had happened in the middle east they are quite sure what my dressing stands for.

Juxa   

sa wr wb,

walaaley sareedo, yahooy sareedo, seems u need lil-advice from ayeeyo juxa. ok everyone else gave u good advice, u just missing my xawaaji.

well,.,,,,,,,dont do it. got it? those creams are made for burn victims, to keep the whole skin looking alike, they tend inay fiiqaan inta madmadow, ok abaayo?

best thing for you is,,,,,,,,,yr GP aint gonna be much help. as sister ameenah said, it is costy bt u can aliminated spoty face, visit a dermatologist, they will test yr skin, figure the problem, depending on your age and yr diet.

i went with a friend of mine, suffering from major, i mean major, spots. she did dianne and all the others, and ended up a face looking like all the shades of the rainbow. now after 3months and handfull of £. her face is shimmering with health. marka macaanto, book an appointment and while u await adopt a routine, everynight cleanse yr face with non-biological, no perfume nor alcohol cleansing cream. then tone it, then put soothing night cream,,,,,,,,,,it helps clear yr pores, less acne, waji qurxoon,,,,,,,,,there u go shaxshaxleey,,,,,,,,goodluck

smile.gif