Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

The Judge, The Jinni And The Corruption Case!

Waaryee NGONGE, who are you calling a wadaad? Rasaasta ma dhinac walbaad u ridaysaa sxb :D

I must confess though, I attended an exorcism once. The place was Cairo. I was in my early twenties. Tedium was taking its toll. We sung some hymns and recited long-winded verses. But no spitting. I remember observing her intently and trying to keep a straight face, despite the theatrics of the pious. Ruminating on it many years thence, I'm convinced her hallucinations and pyschosis are adequately explained by any number of neurological, metabolic, and chemical abnormalities. Demonic possession need not be part of the differential diagnosis. smile.gif

NGONGE   

Heh@Rasaasta ma dhinac walbaad u ridaysaa :D

The thing about such exorcisms is how they all differ in the way they treat them. Some spit, some stroke the head and others go straight into a beating. But all claim to have the perfect method!

Ismalura   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ But I don't know the answer, I really don't. I can make an educated guess but seeing our track record, I am not really sure I'll get it right. Is it really that hard to say yes or no?
:D

Anyway, I was hoping for a much more open discussion on the idea of Jinn and demonic possession. It is something that seems to happen in many cultures (and faiths) in the world. Gaalo priests claim to be able to do exorcisms, African witchdoctors claim it and many Muslim wadaads claim the same thing too.

Strangely enough, it has lately become very popular amongst Somalis. I've heard of someone flying all the way from London to Sharjah (in the UAE) to see a wadaad that does super-dooper ruqya (maybe the wadaad was our very own Mr P
:D
).

In Africa, the whole issue of witch craft and Jinn is blamed on children. It's all the rage in places like Malawi (little kids get killed for being possessed).

But if everyone claims it, how could they also all 'cure' it by the power of faith? Surely there is only one true faith not half a dozen.

At any rate, from an Islamic point of view, there are not clear incidents where someone was possessed by a jinn in the time of the prophet. It all seems to have taken place afterwards!

God I said no in capital letters ee maxaa kaa si ah?

I would love to have such a discussion but seeing as you are hard of hearing, seeing and understanding I feel I can't have a decent and fruitful discussion with you :(

Good luck with finding a nomad with more time, energy and patience.

Oz   

Nice to see a small leaf tackling a stem. :D :D Cara get out of here, no one mentioned you yet.

Juxa   

intuu jinn sheegan lahaa Temporary insanity or duress baa loo qaatey.

the judge is indeed very funky

But Jinni or rather the unseen force is all the rage lately. LoL! Have you seen Paranormal Activity I and the II thats in theaters now? In America, there are muliple T.V. shows on air about Jin. There are also many more movies coming out.

NGONGE   

An increasing number of children are being accused of witchcraft in parts of Africa, the UN children's agency says.

Orphans, street children, albinos and the disabled are most at risk.

A new Unicef report warns that children accused of being witches - some as young as eight - have been been burned, beaten and even killed as punishment.

The belief that a child could be a witch is a relatively modern development, researchers say.

Until 10-20 years ago, it was women and the elderly who tended to be accused.

The agency says the rise in vulnerable children being abused in this way is linked to greater urbanisation in the continent and disruption caused by war.

The growing economic burden of raising children is also thought to be a factor.

The agency said there was little it could do about the belief in witchcraft itself, and that it was not trying to eradicate the practice. But it said violence against children was wrong, and that it would do everything it could to stop it.

'Major problem'

Most of those accused of witchcraft are boys aged between eight to 14 - who often end up being attacked, tortured and sometimes killed.

The children would be forced to admit being witches and then asked to tell the accusers who passed on the witchcraft to them”

Joquim Theis

Unicef officer

Also, children have had petrol poured into their eyes or ears as a way of trying to exorcise "evil spirits" that healers believe have possessed them.

It is reported that some evangelical preachers have added to the problem by charging large sums for exorcisms. One was recently arrested in Nigeria after charging more than $250 for each procedure.

There has been no comprehensive study to suggest how widespread child witchcraft allegations are.

However Unicef's Regional Child Protection officer for West and Central Africa told the BBC more than 20,000 streetchildren had been accused of witchcraft in the DR Congo capital Kinshasa.

Joaquim Theis told the Newshour programme that such children had often been beaten and sent away from their homes.

"The children would be forced to admit being witches and then asked to tell the accusers who passed on the witchcraft to them."

Mr Theis said reintegrating affected children remained a "major problem".

Source