Sign in to follow this  
BN

What Do You Know of Buur Hakaba?

Salaan...

Folks, what's the sudden fascination with Buur Hakabe? Wah. Oh, perhaps, I guess it was all about that song by Xasan Aadan Samatar:

Hakaba banaanshee

Buurtoo ki taaloo

Banooda le eree

Balantayni haaytee

Baabuur ma raa'aaw

Eey iila buubee

Eey iila buubee

Libaax, Buur Hakabe xaa iga galay, widaay. Anu Nugaal ki kooye, i weydii meeshaas. LOL.

Buur Hakaba (hakab stands for an old word denoting something that is both qadiim and qiimo leh, or in other word "treasure") is one of the oldest inland Southern towns of the country.

Anyway, here are some pictures:

buur6.jpg

buur13.jpg

buur10.jpg

buur14.jpg

buur12.jpg

buur7.jpg

buur1.jpg

buur15.jpg

Maskiin, you must possess a large collection my dear friend.

Care to share with us some more exclusive pictures from the homeland with us mate.

In a seperate thread of course.

Coloow   

Buurhakaba is the name of the three hills in the town of Buur. The area is also home to Buur eeyle and Buur haybe.

The town of Buurhakaba is strategically located between Baydhabo and Daafeed. Between baydhabo (maanya fuulka) and Buur town, there is the breadbasket of somalia. In this area, they grow maize and millet.

The mountains of Buurhaybe and Buur eyle contain Uranium reserves (probably the largest in africa) but not exploited.

Orgiliqe, check this site for pictures:

http://www.hamarey.com/index.php/imagecatalogue/image/list/

Salaan...

Nationalist, saxiiboow, they are not mine. They are found on the net, if you try, you can as well. I've saved them on my PC, and if you still want to see some more, I'm obliged then.

These are from Buur and its surroundings.

buurka6.jpg

buurka.jpg

Also from other towns that I found in same website.

beledweyne.jpg

Beled Weyne

beledweyne1.jpg

Beled Weyne

berbera.jpg

Berbera

luuq4.jpg

Luuq

luuq6.jpg

Luuq

luuq.jpg

Luuq

MMA, could you pass me the link to that website sahib!

There's no way in hell that I will find these pictures of our land on the net.

No matter how hard I try.

Believe me I've tried.

Thanks for the astonishing pictures sahib.

For this nationalist, it touches a soft spot. :D

raula   

Mansha-allah..absolutely breathtaking. I've got family members who currently reside in GEDO region(especially, GARBAHARREY, BELED-XAAWO etc). MMA, mucho grasias for the LUUQ ;) pictures(<--very special place to me ;) ). GARBAHARREY-pictures remind me of XAMUR(sweet/sour red fruits), saar(as in the traditional dances)(ar gobillow gobillow, ar gobilow gacalkiyo,markan gobila tumaa...... ;):D )

I used to listen to DALLAY'S(somali atirishe (actress) who hailed from Garbaharey-e.g. in the film cilmi iyo caado[acts as the famous witch doctor=ARLLIYO :D ])geeraar iyo gabayo..about the riches of GEDO REGION. LONG LIVE GEDO :D (although such gabayo ofcourse were SKEWED since they were part in praise of the past regime).

raula   

laakin Iam sometimes buffled about ENGLISH-ied regions...and their somali originalities, so help me: IS BAIDOA, BAIDHABO :confused: or its different place.