Sign in to follow this  
BN

What Do You Know of Buur Hakaba?

BN   

I came across this article and accompanying photos and found them to be very interesting. The mountain seems very eerie; or perhaps it's because it's all hallow's eve. Either case, it's helpful in increasing one's knowledge of this region.

History and Photos Here

BUUR%20hakaba%20006.jpg

Gabbal   

I remember its awesome sight when my family and I were fleeing from Muqdisho to Gedo.

We were traveling in a large convoy and Caydid was right on our tails, so we didn't get to stop and "sight see". :D

Rahima   

^^ If you never ever go, you'll never ever know ;) (Darryl summers from hey hey it's Saturday :D ). Although a kiwi, let’s hope you get it Rokko, otherwise ask those who remember :cool: .

Buur Hakaba, heard of it just recently, don't know anything about it but i do like the name.

Oh my God! It's better than Ayer's Rock, Uluru!

So this was what my mother was talking about.

Thank you Bari nomad, my mother will appreciate these pictures.

Intel   

Rahima no i didn't get it...hey hey what :D

it must've been well b4 my time dear

but i have been to Uluru/Ayers rock :D

I remember passing at this rock mountain back in 1989 on my way to Gedo region and through there to the border of Kenya Bula Xaawo.I must say i had a whiff of Nostalgia at the good old days when I saw this picture of the mountain.You should see the other side of it is is even more breathtaking than this side!.This mountain is if my memory serves me right just at the X control of Baidoa and to it's right a mile away was a military base.Along this route to Gedo you'll find extraordinary gorges and large open grasslands with the largest Camels anywhere in the world.Vast numbers of goats and the unique black faced sheep that is Somali sheep not to mention huge numbers of those extraordinarilly large Camels could be seen across the vast open plains dotted with the very charismatic Acacia trees.This was a memorable trip for me and I thank you very much my brother who posted this.We seem to be concentrating on our negativities a lot and never on the good things going for us.And we do have a lot i will post some more pictures of Somalia soon.Thank you once again

Rahima   

Rahima no i didn't get it...hey hey what it must've been well b4 my time dear

but i have been to Uluru/Ayers rock

Yeah thought so, kiwis icon_razz.gif . It aint before your time, but before the kiwi invasion (which i'm greateful for :D )

Ask someone who has been in OZ for some time ;) .

That host (Daryyl summers) used to do the adds for the Northern Territory, namely uluru and kakadu national park. Me though, never been there, the furthest i've been in OZ is Geelong :cool:

OOOOOH the colony's again.I say how are the prisons down there now that we kicked you out of Great Britain.I do recall going there to play a friendly with rif raffs in the prisons over there and despite their awful and dispicable behaviour we still beat them, Stiff upper lip and all!

Orgilaq, please hurry with those pictures my dear friend.

I have a picture of Buur Hakaba, from a view on the granite mountain. It's exactly how you described it, vast green plains dotted by acacia's.

And than they say the Hawd is camel's paradise.

Rahima   

Orgilaqe,

That was funny walaahi :D , reminded me of the old days when the Aussies would tell us to go home and we would answer that they were the convicts who needed to return to England.

Convicts :D , how we loved that word.

As for us, what are you talking about? We are Somalis, kicked us out ku lahaa :rolleyes: :D .

As for us, what are you talking about? We are Somalis, kicked us out ku lahaa

Ku lahaa is that another word in the Prisons dictionary my dear Rahima i never could find it in the Oxford dictionary!

Does it have anything to do with those Hats that have things dangling from them?.Or is it another species in the reptilia family?.You do know you have a duty to report to Her Majesty's Government regarding new species and to the British Meuseum for cataloging!

Anyone seen the pic. of the two kids dressed up and made to look like a couple?.Very funny isnt it!Also the picture of the valley,what a sight it is in sanaag puntland and of course the beaches.Yaaa hooo