Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Desperate Somalis Turn to Prostitution In Yemen

That's not what I said, is it?

I just disagree with you saying no self-respecting woman would turn to prostitution by choice. The reality is that some women *choose* prostitution, because they prefer it to other jobs, because they feel it's empowering, etc..

I don't know what the situation of these Somali women is, but I'd just like to point out that not every prostitute in the world was forced into that field by circumstances.

Some choose it, that's all I'm saying.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Malika:

Ngonge,

You sound so certain with your comments,actually it is leaning more on the 'jahiil' side.

Sometime we comment about people as if we know their circumstances..We know jack shidh about these womens lives and their circumstances,reading an article doesnt give us the whole picture..Further more,no self respecting women would turn to prostitution if they could help it.

ps. At the end of the day,each to his/her own in the day of judgement.

What are you on about now? :D

(I am on your side of the argument here).

Qorax   

Haddii la dhaminiayo dhareerka wa la iska duwaa! sheeko baraleyda iyo is-qanciska nagala taga waryaya. Inaad Illaah u baridan ayaa dhaanta inta aad dhileysiga uqiilyeelaysaan. Waxa jira habab badan oo kale oo gabdhahani quutul yoonkoda ku soo saaran karaan. Xoggaa dadaaala iyo samir kaliya ayaa un laga rabaa, ogowna Illaah baa wax irsaaqa, haddii si toosa oo anshax leh wax u raadsadaan in Alle u naxariisanaayo.

O they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious (Allâh). Verily, He is the All-Seer of everythin

Al-mulk Ver. 19

Nabigu NNKH wuxuu yiri: "Dadoow hagaajiya ama wanaajiya sidaad wax uraadsanaysaan (macnaha ha is bahdilina ha isku cayaarina) Illaah swt ayaa qoray irsaaqadiine e"

I just disagree with you saying no self-respecting woman would turn to prostitution by choice. The reality is that some women *choose* prostitution, because they prefer it to other jobs, because they feel it's empowering, etc..

Well, however you dice it, they're disrespecting their bodies. Just because they prefer it doesnt mean they're doing themselves a service. I once watched a show where a father molested and repeatedly raped his 10year old girl. When asked why he did it. He said that his 10yr old girl had self-esteem issues, always criticising her body, always feeling lonely when boys didnt ask her out, so he felt that he was "EMPOWERING" her by paying his undivided attention to her and showing her that she was more than desirable :eek: . So it's foulty thinking to base judgements on how people "feel" about certain situations.

Here is the thing: Somalis are Humans.Humans Do terrible things to survive. Prostitution,being the oldest trade in the universe,took full advantage?.

Duco. Charity. For Country and the population.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Maybe in other parts of the world, saaxib. Somali prostitutes are some of the most deprived and ignorant people you will ever meet.

Dont forget that STDs such as HIV is high amongst individuals who sell sex in every part of the globe.

Paragon   

As always, you folks whirl within a storm in a tea-cup. Hadal idin ka ma dhamaado.

Take a step towards easing the hardship of even one mother (or woman) by tracing and sending them $100 or $50 now. Raasimaal fora whole month.

Waxa kale waa cantarabaqash iyo tumun. Idinka akhrisan maayo.

Paragon   

Billow ogoli baan ku ahay ee bal dhallin ha inoo baadi goobaan islaamaha tabaalaysan.

Maaddeey, sxbkeey meel dheer ma tegin laakiin safaro gaaban iyo mashquul kale ayaa i soo galay ee bal adiga maxaa akhbaar ah? Xaaladdu waa xasilloon tahay ayaan filayaa awoowe.

Maaddeey   

Eebboowgeeyoow, 'TUTTI APPOSITO' ey dhihi jireen odayaasha, anigase SHEENO waaye nooh! :D

Meeshii lagu kala akhbaar qaadan jiray noo barrax duqa smile.gif