Sign in to follow this  
Hayat

How old must he be?

Hayat   

it seems the age difference is something that is somewhat always alluring in the air in relationships. but do people consider a reasonable age difference partners

i personally give it four years maximum. ;)

Cara.   

The smaller the difference the better.

I tend to look at it from the long term: when you're a fit and fun-seeking 50 year old, will he be a doddering senior citizen?

Men have a distressing tendency to die fast, and who wants to outlive their beloved?

Johnny B   

According to the gathered data, 10 years of age diffrence in long-term relationship yeilds the female partner the best of relationships, but a 10-20 years younger partner is to prefer in short-term relationships.

equal ages relationships has another, they´re called freindships. :D

one nightstands are a win win situation, thus a draw.

Jacpher   

Should not matter as long as you carry a hefty life insurance policy. :D

Just kidding. Two to six years difference is normal, I think.

Originally posted by JaWaRiYa:

it seems the age difference is something that is somewhat always alluring in the air in relationships. but do people consider a reasonable age difference partners

i personally give it four years maximum.
;)

You mean to say if you met someone who's older than you, say 5 or 6 years, that you wouldn't give them the time of day?

Why set yourself on such a restricting limit?

Nephissa   

^My sentiments exactly! How do we know that 'special someone' is going to be within 4 years of our own age? If the chemistry, and the three main things ie; honesty, integrity and being respectable are there in a person, then you are very lucky to have found them.

Ibtisam   

^^^come off it, if a guy with white hair stopped you and even Attempted to try and chat you up, the first word out of your mouth would be "adeether are you lost, the bus stop is that way" so you would not know if " honesty, integrity and being respectable are there in a person as they never got a chance to say anything :D

According to the gathered data, 10 years of age diffrence in long-term relationship yeilds the female partner the best of relationships, but a 10-20 years younger partner is to prefer in short-term relationships.

equal ages relationships has another, they´re called freindships.

one nightstands are a win win situation, thus a draw.

^^^sounds like anything goes here.

i think it also has to do somethin with which person is older... the male or the female...

i see lots of girls fallin in love with guys up to 12 years older then them self... but its hard to find an opposite example... maybe not 12 yrs hehe.. but do u get the point...? in most cases its allways girls who fallin in love with guys older then them self!

so i have this theory that if a guy falls in love with a girl older than him self, say 4 years older, he probably get rejected...

Katrina   

Netbank, the majority of females wouldn't be involved with males younger than them but I believe the trend is changing, slowly but truely.

If these females didn't know the age of the guy they would judge him based on his maturity and intelligence or lack of them. :D For some human beings maturity comes with time while others acquire it at a much younger age than others. Ofcourse there are those that never mature. Age differenciates both sexes up to a certain number. That said, males in their teens and early twenties are more attracted to older women but very few have enough life experiences to be at the same wavelenght as these older females. I believe age doesn't matter when both genders reach their mid-twenties, except those still stuck in a 16 yr old mentality. :D

I've seen guys who are in their early twenties (give or take a few yrs) have their shidh (ie. maturity, family values, deen, education, employment etc.) together more than many late twenties or thirty year old men, go figure. :confused: This also applies to women. A friend of mine's mom is 7 yrs older than her dad and they've been happly married for yrs. A male family member of mine is married to a woman about 8 yrs older than him. You could never tell the difference if you met them. It's a fact women mature mentally faster than men but there are exceptions.

Anywayz, the way women and specifically somali females lie about their age...lately somali men have joined the bandwagon. I'm sure (come on now you all know marriages or relationships like that...friends, siblings, cousins etc.) there are many men married/involved with older women and ignore the obvious or are unaware. Why rule out a potential lifemate for the wrong reasons?

Zafir   

Posted by Callypso

The smaller the difference the better.

I tend to look at it from the long term: when you're a fit and fun-seeking 50 year old, will he be a doddering senior citizen?

Men have a distressing tendency to die fast, and who wants to outlive their beloved?

On the contrary; In terms of looks its women that tend to age faster then their counterpart, and..Ummm..Oh yeah, above and beyond men are never too old for fun seeking women. :D

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Zafir:

On the contrary; In terms of looks its women that tend to age faster then their counterpart, and..Ummm..Oh yeah, above and beyond men are never too old for fun seeking women.
:D

LOL - but you never know these days - with plastic surgery and liposuction and tons of makeup - that attractive young looking woman over there in the distance may be well into menopause ;)

Abaadir   

Zafir

In terms of looks its women that tend to age faster then their counterpart, and..Ummm..Oh yeah, above and beyond men are never too old for fun seeking women

A woman is as old as she looks, while a man is as old as he feels. ;)

In a serious note though, for a relationship to last long, the man has to be the elder one

Arawella   

What is age but a number? ( :D Just kidding)

Honestly, as long as both partners are mature then a relationship can be formed. However it is socially more acceptable that men should be older than the female partner since it seems the former mature at a later date. Although as previously mentioned having a toyboy is more fashionable nowadays.

Personally, I prefer older guys say about 5-10 years age difference, so that when he dies I get my toyboy ( ;) the best of both worlds).