Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Ramadan without saambuus, be carefull

nuune   

^^ Thanks Femme for the links.

[/b]Fabregas[/b], yes Ramadan started early for us here than the rest of the world, sightings has bein done quite early on Thursday through the Atlantic smile.gif

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Fu-Fu:

Abwan walaahi when it comes to sambuusa I am professional (faana maiga ahan) since 93 t0 99 i use to cook every ramadan for my mom ..laakin waagi dambe shiir nin markan isku arkay jikada midi yareedo wali aan qaangaarin ayaan oga siibtay
smile.gif

lol...I beleive you bro...I used to make it while back as well haddase ayaantaan waan ka wahsadaa...needs alot of time though...unless you wanna go to certain groceries and buy the ready made or folded ones oo aadan ku tuurtuureyn!

Haatu   

mmmm Sambuus. Can't wait for Ramadan. I haven't had sambuus and mandhaasi for ages. To think about it, I haven't had kaakac for years. I need to go to mum's and get some :D

Haatu   

Well how do I explain it? It's like some sort of mandhaasi only that it's much smaller and it's not hollow inside. Where's nuune when you need him :D

I'm surprised you don't know about it. I thought all Somalis ate it. But being northerner n all you probably call it by a different name :D

N.O.R.F   

What is mandaasi? :D

Saxib, I still have no idea what you're talking about. Let me look in the Somali dictionary for south of mudug words lol

Somalina   

I was wondering the same thing, so I googled it and now I know what Haatu is talking about.

I Hope this explanation helps you out.

"Kackac dough is more wet, cake like dough while mandhaasi dough has the consistency of buns. Thus kac kac are usually more thick and soft, whilst the mandhaasi tends to have more air in the center."