Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

A limit to submission( SOmali Documentary 1980)

Abtigiis   

Hussein Tanzania is a good somali. Unscathed by the useless Qabyaalad so rampant in Somalia. I beleive the further you are from the center of Somalia, the less Qabiiliste one becomes. No wonder, just over a decade ago, before the collapse of Somalia, I didn't know 'reerka uu yahay' jaarkaygu!

Paragon   

^Haaheey, Hussein Tanzania ayuu magaca ahaa i dheh. The man beautifully expressed the kind of Somalinimo we had in us when we were away in a dhul qalaad, studying and yearning to be back to Somalia.

My God we loved Somalia berigaa! It was the dream to finish studies and head back home.

I was talking to a Somali physicist from Tanzania who told me of how him and other secondary school kids (plus Somali students from across the globe) were invited into a ceremony by Siad Barre in 1976 (when I was about to be born) ;) . The picture he paints of Somalia then is really refreshing. One fact that stuck to my mind was that the exchange rate in 1976 was 6 Somali shillings for 1 US dollar; 8 Kenyan Shillings for 1 US dollar. Now, coming from a family that use to accord exchange rate with great significance, I would say, such exchange rate was beautiful smile.gif .

Now? Hmm. Don't even mention it. But but...we are better than Zimbabwe! :(

^Probably in Tanzania dissociating himself from the current somalinimo.

I was watching it few nights ago with mom; quite a nostalgic documentary.

Garaado, its actually the other way around. He dis-associated himself with Tanzanian-nimo oo dhan

Dr. Hussein Adam-Tanzania was born in Tanzania from a Masai Mother but because of an incident which happened to him when he was in primary school, he decided to leave for somalia.

At this time he was at a tunder age of 7 years old but it was at this time that he realized he was indeed not a Tanzanian but a somali. He later got scholarship and studied in the USA and headed to Somalia after he completed his education. Despite the fact that he had a non-somali mother and not speaking one word oo af-somali ah he still chose somalinimo over Tanzanianimo. He taught one of those universities in Mog and lived in Somalia until the civil war broke-out.

PS: Its ironic that some successionists tried to destroy him later because of his firm believe of soomaali-nimo. Caku ciil badnaa!

Ninku waa nin qaali ah.

Malika   

^There were many like him,it was the done thing then,you finish school/college/University the next stop was Somalia,I know those whom died during the Ethio-Somali war as they came in droves to defend what we all believed in Somalinimo.

Paragon,didnt we just! :(

STOIC   

^^^If that is the case Just to give him a blissful smile of contentment I will say yes he is one of that wretched clan from Somaliland. And yes he does support Somaliland. Heck he even attends SOPRI meetings

Gediid   

Correction yaa Cuz,he was a guest of SOPRI meetings and he was kind enuff to grace them with his presence.As far as his support goes we have yet to determine where his loyalties lie but as far as we know he has never been active politically or at least not since the documentary where he was big advocate of Pan Somalism.

STOIC   

Cuz,I stand to be corrected as I expel an air of innocence.

PS: To anyone who maybe reading too much into the "wretched clan" reference I was just exercising some stinging jib at my folks

;)