Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Can you Spot the Mistake??

Blessed   

Kayd? Isn't it a store room? I was thinking of something more specific. Arabs use bank too, so I suppose there isn't...

NGONGE   

^^ Arabs says 'masraf'. :D

ps

If nobody had explained the word Kayd to me, I think I would have assumed it was something that describes a feminine emotion to do with jealousy or hatred between two females.

Blessed   

^We're supposed to agree on mutations of foreign words. Anigu BanGi baan u aqaanaa. They're both wrong in my buug. Away with them!

Ng.. There's only one called Al Masraf here... Every other Bangi waa Bank Fulan. Ma ilbaxnimaa? LOL.

There many definitions of the word ‘bank’ buy it widely known and generic noun refers to a business (generally with safe vault) that ‘Keeps’ money for individual people or companies and offers financial services. The Somali equivalent is Kayd – a secure storage space for ‘Saving’ important things or money.

Blessed - you are right - i also say Bangi or bangiga - but both of those currency had different words on it. but there is no agrument over the somali equivalent for bank is Kayd.

Haatu   

From where I'm from, people say bangiga, in other places they say bankiga (which sounds the most Somali-ish) and a few lazy a*ses say baanka icon_razz.gif

you guys have managed to miss probably the biggest mistake of all. Look carefully at the first Somalia note. Look at the bottom centre next to the date 1990. its supposed to spell Mogadishu but they got it hopelessely wrong.

Or am i seeing things here?

Jacpher   

^Muqdisho is correct in Soomaali language.

I noticed they wrote Soomaaliya & Somalia in Somali & English langauges, but Somaliland has Somaliland in both languages. How does one write Somaliland in Soomaali language?

I thought Baanka is khaldaan dialect for Bangi. I think on the Somali one, should be g instead of k.

^ correct.

There is no mistake here sayid .. Baanka is a dialect in SL.

similar to how reer SL say Masgiidka instead of masjidka ... and reer xamar make it plural and say masaajidka even though they are referring to a single mosque.

you have to account for regional differences.