Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Maryan’s Afro-American Husband

Lol@"my childhood friend from mahaday." I for one thought the man was mistaken. And I can see how the mother thought she has an American son-in-law and it turned out he is a trickster from the same country.

One of my students is from this qabiil(hate the word jareer, so degrading)and the first day of school, I was telling the students to go take their pictures and he didnt know what that was. So I started chatting with him and he tells me he speaks Somali(Ok for the record, he looks more like Lil Wayne than anythingelse which by the the girls are infatuated with. And his name is Kawie)so I, thinking it is a joke because all the African American students pick a dirty word or two from their Somali friends and tell me they speak Somali, said "Do you have Somali friends?" and he was like "No, I have a Somali mother and father" and he went on to say "Somali ma u eki miyaa?" OH my heart dropped! And I felt so embarrassed. I've been sucking up to him ever since the incident, let me tell you that gets EXTRA help in my class. It is very sad how you think you're above discrimination and then Bam, you're not above it anymore.

Aaliyyah   

lool I heard of a similar story a while back. But, that story played out differently the family realized the guy was a somali in his wedding when he invited tons of his family members lol..now that I think about it this story seems to be adjusted every once in a while just to get a point across. LOOOOOOOL!!!

Maaddeey   

Since the day she married Elijah, an afro-American Muslim, she has been the subject of gossips and attacks from the wider Somali community. But thanks to her families, she stood her ground and lived happily with the love of her life.

waa is qabaan!

That was three years ago. Now, with a baby girl Latifah, she is pretty comfortable in her marriage save for occasional intrusions by uncivilized Somali’s.

Ilmana waa isu dhaleen!

Three days later, and after she was taken back to her family after brief hospitalization, her mother confronted her,
“you worthless whore! How can I tell anyone my grand daughter is Jareer!!...Hoogayoo baáyey!! Ceeboobayey!”

maxaa dhacay markaas?, ma sixray oo illowsiiyey inuu reer Mahaddaay yahay?

There is absolutely no substantial evidence that ethnic Somalis do not inter-marry with Somali Bantus, as far as I am concerned and from the corner of Somalia that I came from which is Afgoi and the Shabelle's and where the Somali bantus mostly reside. They did go out and married Somali faradheer, I knew more than a dozen of them married to Somali women (although poor), these men were not any less than other Somali men of different clans nor being treated as second class citizens unlike the ethnically Somali Gabooyo group. The only reason most Somali woman and families avoided them was because of their poor status and Gaari-gacan business.

Nice story by the way, although highly unrealistic.

STOIC   

Good read...I have seen Somali girls married to AA men with beards and timberland shoes-the akhwani brothers.I believe to each his own, but curiosity gets the best of me and I usually wonder what kind of a life they lead when Somali girls or boys get married to non-Somalis...