Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

I'm jst curious..A question for all

As we all may know Umar ibn al khattab (radiyal lahu anhu) offered his daughter hafsa(radiyal lahu anha) to both Abu Bakr and Uthman ibn Affan(radiyal lahu anhuma) one after the other but they both declined because they knew that the prophet salalahu alayhiwasalam had expressed an interest in marrying her.

At the time Umar (radiyal lahu anhu) wasn't aware of this so subxanallah you could imagine how he must of felt...he just offered his daughter and they rejected, so when muhammed salalahu alayhiwasalm proposed to hafsa(radiyal lahu anha) Umar(radiyal lahu anhu) was delighted

So my QUESTION is for the GUYS..Inshallah im sure most of you all plan to get married one day and have children inshallah. So If Allah(swt) was to bless you with a daughter, how many of you would offer her to a noble brother who you know is seeking marrige?

Would you or wouldn't you, would you think it would be 'lowering' your status???

and for the LADIES, if your father was to present to you a noble, god fearing brother, would you decline?

share your thoughts... :D

LANDER   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

hmmmmmmmm

Don't think too hard Ibti :D , u want a 50/50 or call a friend ?

A father would always want the best for his daughter naturally, at the end of the day I think the man should step up regardless.

Ibtisam   

^^Lander I was not thinking too hard. I did not want to say I would say “No” to my father, because I know if it really happened I'd go along with it, for if nothing else it will make him happy and that dude IF he values his life would treat me right :D but since she said a "noble, god fearing brother" it should not be too hard.

The reason I hesitated is because I see so many Asian arrange marriages, and for a moment I had an image me in a wedding dress waiting at the door to trying to spot my husband from a number of dressed Farahs walking towards me. But I don't think Somali arrange marriages are so discreet. Also it will be tricky if for example things do not work out and you want to leave, if you picked him yourself, then its fine, but if your father picked him then your exit strategy is slightly blocked because it is a family marriage, not two individuals. But then again a normal person will not be thinking of IF things go bad options... redface.gif

hmmmm interesting lol@asian arranged marriges...they have serious issues, most of them tend to get FORCED which is not permitted in islam alhamdulila

I would personally agree to talk to him, see what he's about and if meets the critera then bobs my uncle, if not then we'd just go our seperate ways.

Aaliyyah   

I wouldn't mind if my father suggested some1. I would get to know him and see for myself if he's suitable or otherwise..

lol ibti there is difference between arrange marriage and your father suggesting some1?,,suggestions are tolerable but forcing you to marry someone is different story. Besides, I have few asian friends and they are okey with arrange marriage, they hardly see anything wrong with it. which shocks me in a way...

wa salaam

^Baariyad baa tahaye 416tiiney smile.gif

Bella,this is the 3rd post about guur and (general)marriage. Is there something you would like to share with us?

Are you being forced to marry someone dear?

unknown1   

if i had a daughter i would offer her to a good brother of course. but i would never offer her to someone who smokes and do jaad. insha'allah

lol@unknown...defo

mr faarax brown, so your keeping a count miya hmmmm

and no i'm not getting forced into anything, if anything paragons getting forced to marry me. we're having a cyber wedding soon, your invited under one condition. You make yourself useful and dish out the food to everyone..deal?

Ibtisam   

^^^HAHAHAH LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I like Bella, if nothing else, she has forced Paragon into hiding! lol :D hahaha. Gangestiistrade! :D

Am so disappointed @ Ibti I expected so much more…..(shakes her head, we need to talk)

1.I hope any decent minded woman married to a man who is about to give up his precious to a wife hunter will do us justice and hurt him where it most hurts

2.What’s wrong with the man in question? Why can’t he join the rest on a hunting expedition? Why the coward way out in this day and age….yes that is lowering ones status…..

3.As for the last part OHH HELL YES. If he is noble etc why is he still standing- surely something is already amiss?

LooooL

Hiding aa? Ibti is always making some sly comments, what you trying to say?<--shocked

i'm sooo xuuux?

lol waay ii qaarinaysa, nal bal ii suug, tan kugu digoo

Originally posted by Bella*Princesa:

mr faarax brown, so your keeping a count miya hmmmm

and no i'm not getting forced into anything, if anything paragons getting forced to marry me. we're having a cyber wedding soon, your invited under one condition. You make yourself useful and dish out the food to everyone..deal?

"I was just curious" dear Bella smile.gif