Sign in to follow this  
Intel

In Pictures: Bangladesh Muslim festival

Intel   

It is one of the largest gathering of Muslims in the world. An estimated two million people have travelled to the Bangladeshi capital, Dhaka, for three days of worship.

_42527739_bangladeshfestival2_afp.jpg

_42527741_bangladeshfestival3_ap.jpg

bbc

Taliban   

The Bishwa Ijtema (World Congregation) is an annual Tablighi Jamaat Islamic movement congregation held at Tongi, Bangladesh by the river Turag. The event focuses on prayers and meditation and does not allow political discussion.

The first meeting was reportedly held in 1946 (although various sources indicate other dates for this) and continues to be organized by the Bangladesh Tablighi Jamaat. It last three days and is attended by over two million Muslims, making it the second largest congregation after the Hajj to Mecca. It is concluded with the Akheri Munajat, or final prayer. The tradition of Ijtema was initiated by an Indian savant named Maulana Ilyas and began as a small group of religious-minded individuals gathering at a local mosque. For forty-one years Tongi has been the chosen location, although similar programs are held on a lesser scale in other countries. The Ijtema is non-political, and therefore perhaps it draws people of all persuasion. Prayer is held for the spiritual adulation, exaltation and welfare of the Muslims community. This immensely popular program gives the people of Bangladesh an opportunity to interact with Muslims from other countries and is commonly attended by prominent political figures.

The congregation takes place at an area comprising 160 acres of land (0.25 square mile). Devotees from approximately 80 countries, including the host country, Bangladesh, attend the three-day Ijtema seeking divine blessings from Allah.

Muhammad Ilyas founded the Tabligh movement in 1927 at Saharanpur of Uttar Pradesh, India and at the same time organized regional congregation or Ijtema. In course of time, Ijtema movement spread throughout the subcontinent and also influenced other regions. After the partition of Bengal in 1947, three Ijtema centres developed in three parts of the subcontinent - India, West Pakistan and East Pakistan. Biswa Ijtema at Tongi is the annual Tabligh congregation of East Pakistan. In addition to Tongi, Ijtemas are now held in Raiwind, Pakistan and Bhopal, India. However, in terms of popular attendance, the Tongi Ijtema is the largest of all these congregations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishwa_Ijtema

Another form of bidcah! That's why I already warned against the ignorant Jamaacatu Tabliigh, who focus on wandering places rather than getting real knowledge. Most of them can't even read the Quraan properly!

They're very ignorant people and every muslim should stay away from them just like they stayed away from the Hizb-ut-Tahriir group!

They're one of those sects that will go to hellfire as they're all deniers of the punishment of the grave!

If you see one of them don't talk with them, they will urge you to come out with them in order to do some 'dacwah' and tabliigh but don't go with them, as they're very ignorant and on top of that innovaters! Those innovations if followed can really bring you in some trouble, so be warned and stay away from all those groups!

Taliban   

Originally posted by MKA Yoonis:

they're all deniers of the
punishment of the grave
!

Can you substantiate your allegation that the Bangladesh Tablighi Jamaat denies the punishment of the grave? Do you have a (or two) link of their website stating what you have alleged? Until you substantiate your allegation, it's what it's; allegation.

Aisha   

I've never heard of this 'tabliqi group' before! It's scary (and sad) to think that there are so many different sects in islam. May Allah guide us and keep us on the straight path....

FatB   

from the outside i see nothing rong with worshiping allah in a congression. all their doing is dirkir on a much larger scale....plz correct me if am rong.

N.O.R.F   

Not a fan of the Tabliq movement but i'm also not a fan of sending Muslims to the hellfire.

Why not furnish us with their wrongs by bringing forth views from our learned people instead of blanket overreaching statements?

An inkling of the wrongs of the movement by Dr Bilaal Philips.

Another movement arose in India during this period which prided itself in being totally apolitical. Maulana Muhammad Ilyas founded what came to be known as the Tabligh Movement. Its main focus was on bringing Muslims back to the mosques which had become empty over the years of Colonial rule. In order to appeal to the general masses, its founder combined the practices of the major sufi sects of the continent in its inner teachings. Travel to different locations to invite Muslims was added to its outer practices. However, those traveling to give the “da’wah” are mostly ignorant people, while the Prophet (s) used to send out scholars to teach the people and call them to Islaam. And when he sent them, he did not instruct them to spend a few days, weeks, or months in a masjid, nor did he instruct them to call people to come to the masjid then invite them to go out and give da’wah with the group. Rather, he instructed that they live among the people until they learned their religion, and ordered them to call to the correct ‘aqeedah first and foremost. And they were not to call to anything else until the people understood laa ilaaha illallaah, as is evident in the hadeeth of his sending Mu‘aath ibn Jabal as well as others. And the Tabligh’s fixed numbers of days and months to travel have no basis in the Sunnah or the practice of the Sahaabah. Yet its apolitical stance has enabled it to spread to all corners of the Muslim world without resistance from Muslim or non-Muslim governments. However, very little effort is made to correct the beliefs and practices of its members and its main text, Tablighi Nisab, is filled with inauthentic material. The tradition of Taqleed remained alive in all of these movements as avoiding it facilitated recruitment of followers.

Dr Abu Ameenah Philips

Northener calm down, no one did send or condemned anyone to hell-fire! Condemning groups or sects can be done but I will never ever condemn individuals to hell because only Allaah can do that and I'm not god nor do I have any power to condemn anyone to that destination, it would be certainly very arrogant of me and I would certainly attract the wrath of Allaah on my poor soul!

Islaam gives us criterions in which we can distinguish falsehood from truth and the Ulamaa of this religion have said that Jamaacatu Tabliigh as a group/sect will go to hell-fire because they follow innovations that aren't from the religion or sunnah!

So, can we assume that worshipping other gods than Allaah, making shirk, denying aspects of this religion, lying, distortion, unapprioriate hate, killing, fornicating and drinking Alcohol are indeed actions that lead one close or to hell-fire? Yes, we can!

Can we also assume that ordering the good and forbidding the bad, performing the rituals of Hajj accordingly to the sunnah, making sadaqah, paying zakaat and going to Jihaad are indeed deeds that one lead to Al-Jannah or Paradise or atleast bring one closer to Allaah the exalted? Yes, we can assume that!

We know what deeds/camal lead one to hell and one to paradise and we can also condemn groups beliefs to hell-fire as our prophet peace be upon him already said Islaam will split into 73 sects and only one will be saved all others will go to hell and the Ulamaa have clarified that Jaamicatu Tabliigh is one of those sects/groups that will go to hell!

But remember no one named anybody nor did we condemn individuals because Allaah can give them hidaayah anytime and the gates of repentence are open for everyone to repent, I will not even condemn a kaafir into hell! But a group such as the tabliigh are truely misguided and they're one of those sects that will go to hell but I don't know the fate of their followers because I cannot figure out with my basic knowledge what and how they will end up maybe they will make tawbah and return to the right path, who knows?

But anyhow Jaamicatu tabliigh is a dangerous group and the young especially are vulnerable they should stay away from them at all cost!

Today they're so many misguided groups and sects out there that one has to be very careful who he listens to or gets his teachings from!

Brothers and sisters safeguard your deen by learning it properly in that way you cannot be 'tricked' into joining misguided groups such as the Jaamicatu Tabliigh or Hizb-ut-Tahriir!

Get one think in your heads, group actions and beliefs can be condemned and they can be said to enter hell-fire, as we know the Quraan states that Jews and Christians will go to hell unless ofcourse they repent to Allaah!

So will followers of Judaism and Christianity go to hell? Yes or no? Will groups that innovate or deny certain aspects go to hell? Yes or no?

Why did the prophet peace be upon him said that there will be so many sects and all but one will go to hell? Did the prophet said that? Yes or no? Ofcourse he did!

What are the criterions? They will fabricate certain things on this deen and they will deny certain things which will take them out of the fold of Al-Islaam hence those groups going to Hell! Remember I didn't condemn nor name any person but a group, there is a difference you know!

If I generalise and say 'Jews or Chrisitans will go to hell without naming anyone' am I entitled to do that! Yes, I'm because they don't believe in Allaah and the last prophet peace be upon him!

But can I say 'Mr. Jacob Levy is a Jew and will go to hell'? No, because imagine Mr. Jacob Levy becoming and converting to Islaam, Can you 100% say if he will not revert back to Islaam and repent to Allaah? No is the answer, Allaah has got the guidance and Hidaayah and he gives it to whomever he wants!

May Allaah the exalted guide us to the right path and prevent us from the false and wrong beliefs that are so widespread nowadays and forgive all our sins inshallah! Amiin.