Sign in to follow this  
Quite -Storm

Football Tournament in Toronto Turned Into Somaliland V Somalia Battle....

raula   

Captivating Soul..walaalo I side with your view about the whole thing.

My anticipation of the thread of the Question asked was that I would get some insight about the match and not some tribal-bull crap!!(and Q-storm Iam not assuming or exergerating)..apparently you have caused some confusion in your post-mapping and I hope you are really not that kind of a person.

Qoute by Q-storm replying to MMA"..LoooooL man we don’t destroy flags, that flag represent Somalia and it’s a nice flag to destroy………naaa it’s not our thing we believe in democracy and we respect others values."

...ok does anyone recognize the conflicting message here...we dont destroy...blah! blah!..but we do the Somali flag..

Raxmah..I feel you pain..my family been through the same thing..but I would not support or side with one party or region or Somalia. I wish I could take out my anger on the former regime or one that exists now..but thank to Allah, I was not installed with such hatred and mentality(unlike others!)..

Iam barely Somali-politic minded...(coz I think most of it is purely Qabiil-centralized) and I barely post on the political forums..but I guess you know they say ....SILENCE IS GOLDEN..sometimes..

N.O.R.F   

Maaaan

Its a funny old game!!!!!!!!

Live yr life and let others live theirs, aint worth all this just over a football game.

But still 1 LOVE NORTH STARS

Time Out Guys

Originally posted by Quite -Storm:

Southern people know that the Somaliland flag represent a country and booing it shows how ignorant and how jealous some of the southern people are

Is this why everyone upset and felt that they have been offended, walahi I don’t see anything that offends anyone….just read the bolded text

Guys and Girls …..Take a minute and try to understand me and read me correctly

What I posted was not intended to offend anyone, I just felt the need to let out in the open, I didn’t want this feeling to be inside of my head and be bad feeling, what I wrote was just a feeling that I felt that moments, I am not hating anyone and I do not want to cause a fight here, I have been posting here since FEB 2002 and if you look at all of my posting you will see what kind of posting I posted, I am not politically minded person, in fact I hate politics with passion, but you guy made this topic sounded like if I killed someone and you guys made me feel guilty without being defended, if I wanted to cause trouble I would have made an ALIEN nick name and started posting nonsense, please just understand me and I will try and understand you.

You guys really are intellectual and I found that very gifting and rewarding, Allah forgives who he wants to forgive and If I am wrong please ask Allah to forgive me, we all make mistakes and no one is perfect, I just hate to be the one who cause trouble and destruction.

My intentions are clean and I do not encourage violence and ask Allah to make us a one Nation, lets pray and forgive each other……….

I have never insulted anyone for what they believe.

I just keep repeating myself over and over again and we seem to be going no where..

Please paste below my reply the bits that offends you and I will explain what I meant, sometime some words mean different thing to others.

So please cut it and paste it below my reply and let’s talk.

Changed   

my reply to this is am tired of the rivals of the south and north .........would u guys but a stop to it ......quite storm what u dont know is that there have been forums perior to ur's that attacked the people of the south and then again came another forum from u attacking the south for showing their flag and yet u had ur flag hanging up and down and u said viva somaliland...now tell me who gaves u the right to show ur flag and take's the right away from us somalis not to show our flag :eek: :eek: ..... and if u want to know why people were offended read what u wrote once more and u will realise how it would have had an impact on the Real SOMALIS

Gediid   

Take a chill pill people.No need to sweat it out.The tournement is OVER.No need to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Hibo   

asalamu alaikum wrwb...

Whenever people attend competative events such as sports I don't really understand why people act shocked if they become competative themselves about the game.

Q-S..walaal JazakALLAH khair for your post. You said what you had to say and I respect that. Somali sotheners shouldn't dissrespect northeners, and the same rule applies for the people from Somaliland on their brothers and sisters from the south.

Any one of us can come in here and say we don't care about where we come from, we're simply somali. When the time comes though and your the one stuck in the spotlight things won't be so black and white anymore. Nobody likes to be dissed and eventhough we do some things others don't approve of, you should never judge someone until your in their position.

Before you all bash the brother about what he said remember that the actions made were at the tournament, and they wern't by him. Until we as a nation display unity towards one another when we chose to come together, we can't expect to move anywhere except the circle of hatred we created.

Brothers and sisters remember nationalism is harram. It is not in our deen. If any of us want to benefit our Ummah, then we'll stop dividing among ourselves based on characteristics we never even had any choice in InshaALLAH.

"And hold fast, all together, to the Rope of Allâh, and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allâh's Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another, but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brothers, and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allâh makes His Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided. " Surat Al-Imran Ayat 103

JazakALLAHu Khairan.. wa alaikuma salam wrwb

-Nasiha-

SA7RAWY   

I said this before and I am strongly condemning bringing of Qabil in here, I do not tolerate it nor do I support the use of Qabil period,

Your support for Somaliland contradicts this statement. We all know what tribe you mean when you say Somaliland.

That’s all I ask you guys, just a little respect for my people,

So it's our fault again right? I'm sure you mean MY TRIBE because somali people are one/the same. Unless Somalilanders are a different ethnic group now.

I did not mention any Qabil, why you associating Qabil with Somaliland.

You don't have to actually mention the qabil--WE ALL KNOW WHAT YOU WHAT CLAN YOUR TALKING ABOUT!!!

Please don’t twist my arm….say what you want to say but don’t mention the word Qabil in here cause this will make the matter more hostile then its.

2 Late.

Originally posted by Opinionated:

PS: Uhmmm..Somaliland isn't a country yet! I'm aware that they are seeking recognition...but it's not official! (Didn't say that to offend you..just dropping known

facts)

Originally posted by Quiet-Storm:

No you did not offended me, you just showed me your ignorance…..please do this exercise ….open Microsoft word and …Type Somaliland………..then do a spell check, what do you get………answer back please.

You just showed your ignorance. You think that because microsoft word did not detect a spelling mistake on the word somaliland that means that you have an official country?!?! :eek: Look in the dictionary honey--Theres British Somaliland, Italian SOmaliland, French Somaliland, Ethiopian Somaliland etc. I guess Microsoft now recognizes Somaliland republic? :D Have they setup an embassy in hargeysa yet? :D:D:D

Originally posted by SA7RAWY:

Your support for Somaliland contradicts this statement. We all know what tribe you mean when you say Somaliland.

Sa7rawi you have been in the desert too long, don’t be on track minded and stop thinking that Somaliland is one tribe, do you ever read history or you just saying this cause you don’t like what I wrote, Truth hurts and be man and admit that you wrong, Somaliland have many people of all kind, even people from south live in Somaliland, walahi you are so ignorant to the bone and you don’t know what you talking about,

Get your facts right and step out if the desert and be a true nomad.

You don't have to actually mention the qabil--WE ALL KNOW WHAT YOU WHAT CLAN YOUR TALKING ABOUT!!!

Walahi you seem to make me laugh and wonder what you are talking about, and if you think that I am talking about a certain group then you are a mind reader and you should know what I am about to say.......I leave the next line blank so you can feel it in____________________________________________

You just showed your ignorance. You think that because Microsoft word did not detect a spelling mistake on the word Somaliland that means that you have an official country?!?! Look in the dictionary honey--Threes British Somaliland, Italian SOmaliland, French Somaliland, Ethiopian Somaliland etc. I guess Microsoft now recognizes Somaliland republic? Have they setup an embassy in hargeysa yet?

LooooL cant you see how ignorant you are, have you ever been to Hargays?......

looooooool who needs an Embassy in their own country.......looooooooooooooooool

Salaan...

Quite-Storm, duqa, what happened to your vacation in Toronto? Is this how you enjoy it? Naga daa. Kamoon, soco soo neerso. Banaanka aad. CN Tower soo arag. If you already did, then give a visit to Toronto Zoo. Not tired yet, then our large cute-built referential library at Bloor and Yonge would do. Soco a lot of faranj faniila soo cab while sitting the park between the Dixon buildings. You will see a lot of ;) ..., I promise. :D

Kamoon, duqa, enjoy while you are in Koronto. Iska dhaaf waxaan kale.

Macsalaama.

Kool_Kat   

MMA, ee daahee wiilka waaba daalisee...Zooga, library, iyo CN towarkaa u dirtee...War wiilka dhaaf, wax wareejiyo amuu waayay, see u egtahay waqti badan uu computarka ku dhuminooyaa...

Q_S, walaalo, I felt very offended cuz when you posted you talked as if SomaliLand only suffered in Somalia...We all suffered one way or another...Some of us are still suffuring... N'way, after reading you last couple of posts, I don't feel as offended...I am still feel offended, though...

Teeda kale, we know there are some Somalis from the South live in SomaliLand, but believe me they don't cosider it their Land...Everytime SomaliLand is mention, one Qabiil comes to mind, and we all one which one...You see, we all know when ppl mention Hargeysa, Burco, etc. the majority of the ppl are of one clan, there are the sub-clans...So since SomaliLand represents the Norther gobalo, the same tribe comes to mind...Just like if someone mentions Puntland, one qabiil comes to mind...But if you say Somalia, there is no Qabiil...I hope that makes sense...

As always, one by one, we fell, but togher, we STAND!!!

ZOLA   

QUITE-S...am for freedom of speech and i think u have the right to voice u opinion...

r us trying to say that the north r the only ones that were tortured or killed in the civil war ...and that the people of the rest of somalia have not gone through pain and suffering....we have all gone through the same thing....

my family has had their enough share of bad expriences during and before the civil war..but the past is the past...its time to move on.

i personaly dont care much for somali politics..dont understand it and never will...but all i know is that am sick and tired of hearing about somaliland,puntiland and whateverland.....its about time we all get along and forget about the past.

A.A

Subxanallah...

Rahima, I loved your post ukhti and I would have to agree with her 110%. There's no1 here who hasn't been affected by the turmoils of the past. Its clear, we are letting Siad hunt us from the grave. Very wise sister ... smile.gif

Anyway, Can't you all see....this is our disease. Qabiil/ National pride...its all the same to me. The only thing we're allowed to be proud of in this dunya is our pride for ISLAM, nothing else!!!!

Dambiga iska jira folks.

Blessed   

Originally posted by Tamina:

Subxanallah...

Rahima, I loved your post ukhti and I would have to agree with her 110%. There's no1 here who hasn't been affected by the turmoils of the past. Its clear, we are letting Siad hunt us from the grave. Very wise sister ...
smile.gif

Anyway, Can't you all see....this is our disease. Qabiil/ National pride...its all the same to me. The only thing we're allowed to be proud of in this dunya is our pride for ISLAM, nothing else!!!!

Dambiga iska jira folks.

I totaly agree walaalo. our beautiful religion is Insulted on a minut by minut basis and we don't notice. Our Muslims turtored, we don't care. Some1 says something about a ****** flag or makes an ignorant comment and we are all hurt

:rolleyes:

Honestly, we need to get our priorities in check.

and QS.

Walaalo, it was football. If an Arsenal (in gear) fan walked through Tottenham after a match with spurs - they would get more then simple 'boos' .. trust me. Thats football, even between friends you get the curses and boos .. don't you?

Southern people know that the Somaliland flag represent a country and booing it shows how ignorant and how jealous some of the southern people are

Is this why everyone upset and felt that they have been offended, walahi I don’t see anything that offends anyone….just read the bolded text

Perhaps, they were booing it because at that precise moment it represented the team that beat them at the game. Northern Stars recieved hostility because they won not because they were Landers. But whats with the flag? Do you how that turned it into a political thing?

Couldn't he just carry a banner with Northern Starts name on it?

Your bolded text made an assumption of southerners walaalo, one which is rathers offensive and if you don't see it it doesn't change the fact that it has offended some of the nomads here. There are ignorant ppl on both sides of the border, there was no need for you to high light the ignorance of southerners whislt ignoring the of somalilanders. Your post offended because it was one dimensional..one sided.

I think an apology is an oder walaalo, people are telling you, you have indeed offended. I am actually surprised a smart brother like you, would subject himself to something like this.

You know, you were wrong admit it :D