Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

GAZA

Hi Guys join in and sign the petition for arms embargo http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Arms-embargo/

also, this the number for the israeli army - yep.. the leaflet they threw at the palestininas said that if you suspect hamas activity to call on that number - alot of people have called from here and gave em a ear full and apparently they can speak english- its cheap to call from skype apparently! ill try today it wont do much but iritate the shit out of em..

Instructions for How to Sabotage IDF ops in Gaza

The Israeli army has spread flyers in the air in Gaza that give a number for Palestinians to call to report on Hamas activities.

Here is the number. Please flood it with calls to protest the war on Gaza instead.

+972-2-5839749

From the U.S. you dial:

011-972-2-5839749

YOU CAN ALSO SKYPE IT (+972... Read More-2-5839749)

They speak Arabic and Engish. I encourage others to make the call sooner rather than later since it will likely lead to a change of the number once these kinds of calls starts - new flyers being sent out - conflicting information - prevents Palestinians from reporting on Hamas activities.

and...The Guardian is running a poll on Gaza ITS FREE send A TEXT 'CEASEFIRE' TO 81819

peace out!

Ibtisam   

LOL, let me try calling.

I think the poll is open till Monday, so please people text the word Ceasefire to 81819, it costs 10p only!!!

Also you've probably heard of a political commentator called Melanie Phillips.

She is a highliy controversial journalist known for her unconditional support of Israel, including most recently supporting the bombardment of Gaza's civilians, further to this she believes that Israeli Settlements in Occupied Palestinian Terrirtories are legal entitlements here

here and here

She also holds highly Islamophobic views, including the belief that terrorism is mandated by religious teachings of Islam.

It may interest you to know that she is a regular columnist for the Daily Mail and her support for the bombardment of Gaza appeared in the Mail.

Unbelievably she is up for an award of best UK blog and at this moment in time she is winning with a 0.1% lead over her nearest rival, "Created in Birmingham", which is a blog for the creative community of Birmingham like musicians and artists.

A victory for her will legitimise her highly negative and absurd views therefore it's essential she doesn't win.

Please click on the link below and vote for the Created in Birmingham Blog. There is no point in voting for someone else, as they will not catch up at this rate.

The reason for voting for this particular blog over any other is that it's the nearest to her in the polls and focusing all votes to this blog won't dilute the effect of your vote. This action should hopefully push it ahead of Melanie Phillips.

Click the link on the right to go to the poll page - Best UK BlogHERE

Islamophobes and supporters of illegal acts must not be allowed any legitimacy and we can defeat them in avenues like this if no where else.

Thanks in advance guys.

chubacka   

^ thank you guys, even small things like these will make sure that we are not sitting idly by while our brothers get slaughtered.

where is a hebrew-eng dictionary when u need one?

(jst in case i get one of those that dnt understand my ingerisi)

Th. Created in Birmingham, they r stil a bit behind..

Ibtisam   

Theirry vote for the Created in Birmingham Blog

Lazy G, I would expect nothing more from you, wasting your life on pointless shows while trying to search for something meaningful in life. Keep it moving it girl, I don't understand why you feel the need to comment on things you don't understand. I don't have time to explain it to you.

^if you knew how american idol worked, you would know that the voting was only open to american residents.(sarcasm dear)

With that said, meaningful is wasting time with affairs that are not your own?

hahahaha, inaa illaah, lets see waxa kugu soo kordho.

Teeda kale, I want you to explain to me what it is that is driving you, who knows, maybe ajar aa helee by passing on some words of wisdow my way. Go ahead, I am all ears dear and dont be defensive, I'm not attacking you here but your overrall approach(as well as methods) on the Gaza situation.

PS: Have you read the latest round of blame. How the IDF is being charged with war crimes? What is your take on the incident of the army personnel who went into a home of a family and told them to go seek shelter in another relatives home and later on according to eye witness accounts "shelled the building" and killing most of the family members, only few survived?

nuune   

Leezi-gaal, wadnaha kugu yaalo waa midkoo dhagaxoos ah :D

Vive Le Gaza,

Update: The Al-Aqsa Hamas run television is running normal, but the French Broadcasting Authority removed the TV from Eutel-sat, which means you cannot receieve that Hamas Channel using that Orbital Satelite of Eutel-sat.

Ibtisam   

Layzie G I don't know how American idol works, nor do I know where you live, so I thought you was serious. :confused:

As for IDF being charged with war crimes, well it is nothing new, in the last six Arab wars they have been guilty of war crimes, so I am not surprised at all. Same old abuse and story.

As for what is driving me, injustice and human suffering, even if they were not Muslim, the human abuse and lack of respect for civilian population is mind blowing and everyone should be pained by it, over 879 death toll and 4,000 people injured, more than 50% women and children. Who is the terrorist with this in mind?? The fact that they are Muslims give us an extra responsibilities and Allah will ask us about our silence in the face of such crimes. I think the Gaza situation and the human cost has been a massive and horrible massacre which is being ignored. As Muslims we should be at the forefront of speaking out against atrocities, wherever they maybe. When the Somali invasion happened, that was my priority, when 5 months ago there draughts in Somalia, that was my priority. Right now, the biggest and most painful attack on Muslims is Gaza, so I am prioritising raising the awareness about this.

Palestine is the longest running injustice and abuse, the single biggest issue which has remained unresolved for 50years, a battle ground for so long. The repression of the Palestinian population has been in so many ways, controlling every aspect of Palestinian life, from education, food, medication and travel.

I've worked and campaigned for the Palestine cause since I was 17, when Israel is doing their sneak attacks, it is hard to prove to people the scale of abuse that the Palestinians suffer, but in times like this it is obvious for all to see and times are desperate for people in Gaza. This is the time where people can educate themselves and do their own research on this issue and make a stand as a human beings.

Sorry it is a bit long, I did try to keep it short.

^ Mashalaah Ibti

dont let up .. what you are doing is to be admired.

if only more people could be like that .. wax badan baa hagaagi lahaa.

Vote against Melanie Phillips ASAP! We cant let her win. Vote for 'Created in Birmingham' instead. http://2008.weblogawards.org/polls/best-uk-blog/

an interesting read in independant http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/ fisk/robert-fisk-why-do-they-hate-the-west-so-much -we-will-ask-1230046.html

Robert Fisk: Why do they hate the West so much, we will ask

Wednesday, 7 January 2009

A child injured in the Israeli bombardment of a UN school yesterday is taken to Shifa hospital in Gaza City

More pictures Related Articles

Gaza clashes resume after truce

Fares Akram's Gaza blog

Donald Macintyre: So what will it take for Israel to stop fighting?

Deborah Orr: There wouldn't have been Gaza rockets without the blockade

Clegg urges Israel arms exports ban

Fares Akram: I heard the news... it's time to evacuate my pregnant wife

Massacre of innocents as UN school is shelled

Brown calls for international action over Gaza crisis

So once again, Israel has opened the gates of hell to the Palestinians. Forty civilian refugees dead in a United Nations school, three more in another. Not bad for a night's work in Gaza by the army that believes in "purity of arms". But why should we be surprised?

Have we forgotten the 17,500 dead – almost all civilians, most of them children and women – in Israel's 1982 invasion of Lebanon; the 1,700 Palestinian civilian dead in the Sabra-Chatila massacre; the 1996 Qana massacre of 106 Lebanese civilian refugees, more than half of them children, at a UN base; the massacre of the Marwahin refugees who were ordered from their homes by the Israelis in 2006 then slaughtered by an Israeli helicopter crew; the 1,000 dead of that same 2006 bombardment and Lebanese invasion, almost all of them civilians?

What is amazing is that so many Western leaders, so many presidents and prime ministers and, I fear, so many editors and journalists, bought the old lie; that Israelis take such great care to avoid civilian casualties. "Israel makes every possible effort to avoid civilian casualties," yet another Israeli ambassador said only hours before the Gaza massacre. And every president and prime minister who repeated this mendacity as an excuse to avoid a ceasefire has the blood of last night's butchery on their hands. Had George Bush had the courage to demand an immediate ceasefire 48 hours earlier, those 40 civilians, the old and the women and children, would be alive.

What happened was not just shameful. It was a disgrace. Would war crime be too strong a description? For that is what we would call this atrocity if it had been committed by Hamas. So a war crime, I'm afraid, it was. After covering so many mass murders by the armies of the Middle East – by Syrian troops, by Iraqi troops, by Iranian troops, by Israeli troops – I suppose cynicism should be my reaction. But Israel claims it is fighting our war against "international terror". The Israelis claim they are fighting in Gaza for us, for our Western ideals, for our security, for our safety, by our standards. And so we are also complicit in the savagery now being visited upon Gaza.

I've reported the excuses the Israeli army has served up in the past for these outrages. Since they may well be reheated in the coming hours, here are some of them: that the Palestinians killed their own refugees, that the Palestinians dug up bodies from cemeteries and planted them in the ruins, that ultimately the Palestinians are to blame because they supported an armed faction, or because armed Palestinians deliberately used the innocent refugees as cover.

The Sabra and Chatila massacre was committed by Israel's right-wing Lebanese Phalangist allies while Israeli troops, as Israel's own commission of inquiry revealed, watched for 48 hours and did nothing. When Israel was blamed, Menachem Begin's government accused the world of a blood libel. After Israeli artillery had fired shells into the UN base at Qana in 1996, the Israelis claimed that Hizbollah gunmen were also sheltering in the base. It was a lie. The more than 1,000 dead of 2006 – a war started when Hizbollah captured two Israeli soldiers on the border – were simply dismissed as the responsibility of the Hizbollah. Israel claimed the bodies of children killed in a second Qana massacre may have been taken from a graveyard. It was another lie. The Marwahin massacre was never excused. The people of the village were ordered to flee, obeyed Israeli orders and were then attacked by an Israeli gunship. The refugees took their children and stood them around the truck in which they were travelling so that Israeli pilots would see they were innocents. Then the Israeli helicopter mowed them down at close range. Only two survived, by playing dead. Israel didn't even apologise.

Twelve years earlier, another Israeli helicopter attacked an ambulance carrying civilians from a neighbouring village – again after they were ordered to leave by Israel – and killed three children and two women. The Israelis claimed that a Hizbollah fighter was in the ambulance. It was untrue. I covered all these atrocities, I investigated them all, talked to the survivors. So did a number of my colleagues. Our fate, of course, was that most slanderous of libels: we were accused of being anti-Semitic.

And I write the following without the slightest doubt: we'll hear all these scandalous fabrications again. We'll have the Hamas-to-blame lie – heaven knows, there is enough to blame them for without adding this crime – and we may well have the bodies-from-the-cemetery lie and we'll almost certainly have the Hamas-was-in-the-UN-school lie and we will very definitely have the anti-Semitism lie. And our leaders will huff and puff and remind the world that Hamas originally broke the ceasefire. It didn't. Israel broke it, first on 4 November when its bombardment killed six Palestinians in Gaza and again on 17 November when another bombardment killed four more Palestinians.

Yes, Israelis deserve security. Twenty Israelis dead in 10 years around Gaza is a grim figure indeed. But 600 Palestinians dead in just over a week, thousands over the years since 1948 – when the Israeli massacre at Deir Yassin helped to kick-start the flight of Palestinians from that part of Palestine that was to become Israel – is on a quite different scale. This recalls not a normal Middle East bloodletting but an atrocity on the level of the Balkan wars of the 1990s. And of course, when an Arab bestirs himself with unrestrained fury and takes out his incendiary, blind anger on the West, we will say it has nothing to do with us. Why do they hate us, we will ask? But let us not say we do not know the answer.

also, Here's your chance to tell US President and his sidekick Dick Cheyney what you think of them, and their decision not to stand on the side of humanity over Gaza.These two email addresses will give you a direct line to vent your spleen - politely, of course.

comments@whitehouse.gov, vice_president@whitehouse.gov

ciao

Saudis reject oil embargo on Israel

Wed, 07 Jan 2009 19:35:35 GMT

OPEC's top producer says oil-producing states in the Middle East will not respond to Iran's call to halt crude supplies to Israeli supporters.

"The oil producers who need their income ... are not going to do that," Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud Al-Faisal said at a Wednesday news conference.

"The use of oil, especially at this time, is an idea that is at least past its worth," he said. "The important thing, oil is not a weapon. You can't reverse a conflict by using oil."

A senior Iranian commander had earlier in the week urged Muslim countries to cut oil exports to countries supporting Israel and the atrocities it comits in Gaza.

"Oil is among major stimuli that can put pressure on Zionist regime's (Israel) supporters in the US and Europe," Brigadier General Mir-Faisal Baqerzadeh, Head of the Foundation for the Remembrance of the Holy Defense, said earlier on Sunday.

The Saudi prince said the idea of cutting oil production would only put pressure on oil-producing states causing them to "suffer as much as anybody else suffers."

The Saudi prince's remarks come amid dramatic slides in crude prices.

Oil prices have lost more than $100 since hitting a record high of above $147 a barrel in July. The global financial turmoil, brought on by the US subprime-mortgage crisis has sharply slashed the demand for oil.

Earlier in December, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) agreed to remove up to 2.2 million barrels of oil from the market to counter declining demand and the four-month plunge in prices. The slashing came on top of existing reductions of 2 million barrels per day agreed by the group in October and September.

The oil producers "need their abilities to build their countries from this resource (oil)," Prince Saud said.

"If they are going to make themselves ready to face any actions against them, they need that resource to build their capabilities," he argued.

CS/HGH

PressTV