Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Edna Adan Maternity Hospital

STOIC   

It is our duty to improve the condition of others (Beneficence) and to improve our virtues (self improvement).Its great to see such a great news from that side of the world!

Thank You Mama Edna

Jaylaani   

That woman put her own money into that project not to mention effort. I will always respect her and what she stands for. I wish she had the privilege to experience motherhood her self.

EDNA is a good woman, she was the same nurse who help assist my mother into giving birth to my older sister.

Jay, does that mean she doesn't have her own children?

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

EDNA is a good woman, she was the same nurse who help assist my mother into giving birth to my older sister.

Jay, does that mean she doesn't have her own children?

No honey, she doesn't. She was married to Cigaal (RIP) back in the 60s when he was the prime minister of Somalia. They never had children but you could never tell. She has so much joy and love in creating positive and healthy atmosphere for all Somali mothers.

^^ :D

What do you think LayZieGirl? :D

Being the first Somali girl to get western education and drive her own car, Maddam Edna can be classified as the first breed of the so called Somli "career women"; you know the type that goes, I will have kids later when I am 30+ or delay marriage.

Well, she got married to Mohamed X. Ibrahim Egal, but she never had any kids for him. They broke up later, maybe got to do with Her advanced knowdelge about birth control and all that she employed after each night's hard workout by the old fella. C'mon who else wouldn't get mad? :D

Gabbal   

So there is another side this woman? Interesting iga dheh and for all surprises, it's a humanitarian one! Well I am surprised.

One thing I find interesting about Somalis in general is something called the "first". Suldaanka how do you know she was the first Somali lady to get a western education? smile.gif How do you know she was the first Somali female to drive a car? smile.gif If its too much to answer, by all means don't answer it. :D

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Suldaaanka:

^^ Well, she got married to Mohamed X. Ibrahim Egal, but she never had any kids for him. They broke up later, maybe got to do with Her advanced knowdelge about birth control and all that she employed after each night's hard workout by the old fella. C'mon who else wouldn't get mad?
:D

I'm not sure if this was the reason she couldn't have kids. I just asssumed ALLAH didn't bless her with children that is all.

^^ :D

Kashanre

If you are aching to tell us about someone else that you think deserves the title, then please do. ;)

We will consider her for the challenge. But if she can't beat Edna, then definitely second position is still vacant. icon_razz.gif

Castro   

This woman did more for Somalis than those so-called governments did. And for the ability to have children, it is a blessing from the Almighty but even squirrels have kids. She built that hospital right where Somali women are pregnant yearly. I'm sure she has a thing or two to say about how poor health and poverty are related to having more kids than one can handle.

^I agree.Why is it sooo many people try to derail the good message and positive sentiment that is intended when a post like this is opened?

I dont care what she achieved or didn't achieve in terms of HER personal life lakiin I'm sure the countless Somali women she has helped are forever indebted to her from their hearts.

Allahi khayr haa siiyo Insha'Allah ...amiin.

DraGon   

Thats just amazing what she did....may Allah reward her for this.

Don't forget your help is needed to sustain the hospital, the best way to aprreciate her works is to contribute, she has done her share. Its your turn now.

What are u waiting for????

I met her last week and she is really amazing ,,,, all what i can say is she is so DYNAMIC , INITIATIVE and SOCIAL ,,,,,,,

U never know until u meet her ,,,,