Sign in to follow this  
Jamster

Columbus Ohio?

raula   

Originally posted by MsWord:

Raula
, I will be in columbus around May insha'allah for my cousin's wedding and from what I heard it's like visiting Garbahaaray for more than half of the somali people claim to known your Family and are your kin some where along the line.

....yeah gal, no wonder my EEDO in Ohio is going BONKERS with my #-she has been trying to reach me for the last couple of days. I guess I will see ya there-hopefully its around Memorial day or after my graduation(which I have to inform cousins ;) ). Guess I will check you there Ms. WORD and the whole Sea-town crew :D

My eedo's one back in 2002-bisinka, the whole wedding was qaraabo :D This time I will tell her to teach me some GOOBILE icon_razz.gif

J.Lee   

Ar Goobilow, Gobilo, Ah-Uh! a.k.a The anthem.

War Balaayo horta Have you noticed when ever it comes on or somebody recites it, that Ayeeyooyinka iskaba daa dhalinyarada, who can't even walk without using a cane or somebody to lean on jump as if their life depends on it. Dang, and the energy, acuudi bilaah! you can't help but get Crunked Up.

Anyway, Insha'allah my older cousin and I are going there so If you see any Tall Skinny Girl being refered to as Ina G......S, just say Salaams

CHE   

Farah,

It is nice lil place, we like it down here.I have been a herdsman for most of my life and have no business in bigger city.

Columbus suits most of us nomads just fine.

Xaliimo oo magaalada ku kala barta in laguu raadiyo weeyaan.Kuluco bal aan raadiyo........

Gabbal   

Raula its meeting face to face time, for I too am bringing my presence to my dear cousin's tieing of the knot..

Unlike Ms Word I've been to Columbus on a couple of occasions and I would have to agree that it seemed like everyone knows who you are :D once upon hearing I was from out of state and being introduced by my family name to unkown relations, atleast half the customers, seriously half the customers :eek: , dining in the African Paradise Restaurant rose up to introduce theirselves to me and tell me how I "grew p" and "what I am doing now" and how is the "old man and old woman". :cool:

Waala is arki doono yaah, and be prepared to introduce me to Goobilo for I was told not to attend if I wasn't goin to do my part to liven the wedding up :D

Tuujiye   

Arleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ma dhici karto!!!!!!!!!

wareer badana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rahima   

Ar Goobilow, Gobilo, Ah-Uh! a.k.a The anthem.

Oh how I love this ciyaar :D , it’s fascinating.

Ms Word, Raula and Horn, what is it folks a reer garbaharay gathering on SOL ;) ? Horn, do you realize that you are missing Miss Garbaharay herself? She might need to join SOL just for this, she lays claim to all that is Garbaharay including discussions about the place smile.gif .

raula   

^^^^hehehehe Rahima-gal Iam telling you u dont wanna see a true garabaharian break it for GOOBILE-I have some really hyper eedos that are known for this dance the whole of Canada and US :D they are experts. Myself mayareysto-gal garbasaar iyo guuntino lee igu dhaji and hell break loose :D

So HORN-May it is. goobta iis keen -its me and you for SAAR iyo GOOBILE haye shuba lacagta :D

Oh! HORN you know who is gonna be TIRINAYAA BURAANBURKA ;) (hint: yep, the one and only M____ D_____ former Seattle resident icon_razz.gif ).

till then-keep it real.

Gabbal   

Rahima whatever happened to Miss Garbaharey, I dare say living happily ever after to the cousin huh? Salaantayda gaarsii :cool:

So HORN-May it is. goobta iis keen -its me and you for SAAR iyo GOOBILE haye shuba lacagta [big Grin]

Oh! HORN you know who is gonna be TIRINAYAA BURAANBURKA [Wink] (hint: yep, the one and only M____ D_____ former Seattle resident [Razz] ).

till then-keep it real.

Goobile it is then dear cuz. Edadeed M_____ D_____ was always a legend in that sort of stuff, or so I heard :D But what good will she say about Garbaharay? I heard she hates the place ;)

Mshefa   

All yall Columbus haters, Stay away from Columbus, Ohio. There're more progressive somalis who are business minded than anywhere else in the country. Its shamefull for "Americanized Somalis" to ran away from other Somalis and at the same time run to the Suburban(Dublin) to be with people who even don't like you....