Sign in to follow this  
SomeAlien

improprieties

islamically, is it wrong for a man and a woman not related to greet one another cheek to cheek? today, i was walking with a male co-worker on our way to the metro station (hes gay), and before leaving he did hte cheek to cheek thing. than i bumped into a bosnian woman, and she asked if that was my husband... no i said... the seed is planted, im going to be dissecting the incident over and over again all week-end. spare me the madness that will ensue and tell me the truth. is it wrong?

u cracked me up today! but you can repent! basically send me $50 so i can put together the cleaning cermonies ok!!

hey where they any pics taken!! (xalimo & gay dude doing the mac mac) lolol..

Miriam1   

lool rudy ur pure jokes,

Somelian, it is wrong, for a man that is not a maharam to you, be he gay or not, to shakes hands with you, so i am sure that a cheek to cheek salam can be put in that same cateogary, but if i were u i wouldnt worry u weren't sure and just research it,i actually went to a lecture that discussed it in depth.

These are the small donts and dos..that we take along time to get right, personally, it is a bit harder in this society, u forget sometimes lol..anyway..

Lates..

Raxmah   

Hadith - Sahih Muslim, narrated 'A'isha

By Allah, the hand of the Messenger of Allah never touched the hand of a woman. "By Allah, the Messenger of Allah never took any vow from women except that which Allah had ordered him to take, and his palm never touched the palm of a woman. When he had taken their vow, he would tell that he had taken the oath from them orally."

It was narrated on Malik bin Yassir that Rasool Allah said that it is better for a Believer to be struck in the head with a hot iron rod than to touch a woman who is not lawful for him.[Tabarani & Baihaqqi]

If shaking hands is haram--then the cheek to cheek must be haram too.

As others have said...yup its not permissible.

I would really start out with just stop giving hugs to guys..b'coz sometimes guys you've known for a good while or just friends might be comfortable at giving u hugs..and now that you don't want to do it, it might be hard 2 let 'em know. Nevertheless, they'll understand right away as soon as u tell them the reason.

The hand shake thing is the hardest. I'm still guilty of that....soo used it that sometimes I forget its not OK. It was just recent when I started not giving one....but like I said its HARD!

Good Luck abaayo.

im glad you find this funny. :( but this is really bothering me. i do this stuff without even realising it. the whole wearing the hijab thing, its like i have to re-learn my own religion. im an adult woman, i feel like a child, going to an internet site asking silly questions.

OG_Girl   

somealien , sweety, don't feel u asking silly questions , believe me here so called most strickly moslim country they ask worse than that and some times when they ask my prof. some questions I can't hold my laugh coz I blieve is commen sense things , but still human can ask whatever bother them .

And ur story reminded me my cousin who wears Hijab who let gay hair dresser cut her hair coz she said he is not a man ..lol

salam

OG-Girl, did you say a gay man in KWAIT? I did not know they have that sort of species up there? Does Kwait use Shari6a law or some other law? ****I officially erased Kwait from my prospective home countries list****

OG_Girl   

lol Abdiladiif easy bro. we have a lot gays but all under the table ...lol

no brother we don't use share'a Law .... they call french law or old british law ...

they only aply share'a in family issues in courts ... hope i answered ur questions :D

So they use common/Natural law-----Yes absolutely, you answered my question!

they only aply share'a in family issues in courts ... hope i answered ur questions

So, to them, Deen is like a cafeteria line-style where where they pick and choose which part they want and dont want While Allah 6azza Wajala says, "Udkhiluu Fisilmi kaafah"

Sophist   

Homsexuality is rife in Kuwait-- this is an open secret. NacalaTulah Calaa Makhaaniit.

Abdilatif! Most of the Arab people in this century are ignorant buggers about Islam-- their leaders are even worst. It is sad that the nation Allah uu ku karaameeyey in Luqadooda uu Quraanka uu kusoo dego iney maanta ey saas u dhaqmaan. May Allah help us all to take the Siraadul Mustaqiim.

Amiin

Nabad

^^ I resent that..stop the speculations!! He is da ruler of a muslim country. redface.gif

I heard he has wife and kids but they live outside the country :D

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Athena:

^^ I resent that..stop the speculations!! He is da ruler of a muslim country.
redface.gif

I heard he has wife and kids but they live outside the country
:D

he was married to his firs cousin whom he divorced 20 years ago..

homeboy is confirm to be as single as a dollar bill !! :D