Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

K'naan-An extra, extraordinary performer

Khayr   

">

Its a very catchy song and performance.

The man has got his own 'dusty foot' style.

They asked him about Freedom on one show and his response was 'This might seem strange but freedom comes from Purification of the Soul'. smile.gif

He sounds like KOS but there is more pain in K'naan's voice and hunger (he's almost as skinny as the Olsen Twins :D )

STOIC   

Kheyr, I have always assumed the hip culture was not your thing.Unless you are reformed sheikh.I thought your ears and eyes are always hard wired to Sudais.This is a demise of my instinct telling me the sheikh watches ET news. Is my grasping reflex going too far by accusing the sheikh? :D

Edit: I have no intention of questioning your loyalty Kheyr......You can call it one of those office boredom banter.

Castro   

I'm surprised how good this guy is. But it's still not on iTunes and I'm not forking up $15 for no body. No matter how good.

I would say k'naan has his own style of rap that is unique from other rappers --- i'm just waiting for his next LP, waiting to see if he'll keep his current style of rapping, cuz in the past he switched styles often.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Animal Farm:

I would say k'naan has his own style of rap that is unique from other rappers --- i'm just waiting for his next LP, waiting to see if he'll keep his current style of rapping, cuz in the past he switched styles often.

Adding somali to english songs and vice versa, speaking about his non-american, non-western background. Finding his own niche and all in an age, where the Formula for what is good music is imprinted in the BET, Radio1 etc...generation, makes him an inventor of his 'dusty' style.

For those that are showing me the luv...Thanx :D

Now if only he turn around and make some nasheeds...sami yusuf watch out now!

Cara.   

^What's happened to the famed SOL courtesy lately?

Castro you cheapskate! $15 is less than two movie tickets. Wait, wait, you old married couples don't see movies together. Okay, $15 is less than a couple of bundles of qaat icon_razz.gif

Is K'naan from Toronto? Because I think I saw him perform once. He must have vastly improved if Khayr is nodding to his beat.

winnie   

his voice annoys me, he sounds like emminem, but i'm happy for the kid. i see big things, i think hes collabing with stickman from dead prez and i saw his album advertised on okayplayer.com. insha allah...

ElPunto   

^It means(presumably) that he's kool like dat! If it was just plain old Kaynan or Kainan - it would get a big 'HUH' from the avg whitie. But with the apostrophe - Watch Out! :D

^^^ wonder how you'll take it when he changes his name to a symbol or something.

K'naan is amazing, seen him perform twice in the last few weeks in London. He is the single most relevant artist around at the moment, seriously.

Love his poetry too, I love it when someone can render me speechless like that.

Baluug   

Interesting fact: My wife knew Keynaan and his mother and brother and sister back in the early 90's when they lived in Dixon and they're from the same qabiil. So that means I'm one degree of separation from K'Naan!!