Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Camelot!

Nur   

e-Nuri Legacy Poetry

Presents:

Camelot ( meaning : any idyllic place or period, esp. one of great happiness).

Abdi Gaheir and His Camel

Idin-bacatha awrkey dhashiyo, aarankey wadatay

Ilal ibili soo ma ayan dagteen aayadihii hora ee

Idilkoodba asaxaabtii geela wey ku intifaaceenee

Aakhirana nimaan geel laheyn lama amaaneynee

Maxaan idiin la awlaad-sadaa awr ma dhaansada eeeeee

Abdi Gaheir

2006 e-Nuri Legacy Poetry

Sh. Nur, waan ku salaamay marka hore. Waxaad ka sharqamisay gabay runtii 'benchmark' ama astaan u ah dareenka iyo himida sarre ay soomaalida ka qabto geella. Wuxuu geela dhaqanka iyo nolosha soomaalida ka taagan yahay halbowle aad u weyn. Sidaas darteed ayuu gabyaaga rabaa inuu dadka u dareensiiyo in geella xitaa uu aakhiro ka yahay bilic kasii muhiimsan tan aduunyada loogu dhaqdo.

Waligeey baadiyo ma tagin, laakiin waxaan marqaati ka ahay inaan geella jeclahay, sababtoo ah yaraanteyda waxaan xasuustaa anagoo dugsiga Isbaheysiga Islaamka naloo diro inaan sii mari jirnay Suuqii Xoolaha ee Wardhiigleey. Jaceylka aan u qabo geella dartiis, waxaad arkeysaa wajigeyga 8-jirka ah oo ilmo ka daadaneysa, iyadoo indhaheyga amakaag dartiis ku dheygaagsan noollahaas uu Macbuudka Weyn uu quraankiis ku xusay dhowr jeer, isagoo ku dhaaranaya abuurkiisa. Wa'ilal ibili keyfa khuliqat!

Ilaahoow geel waan jeclahee, anoon dhaqan ha i dilin.

Good see you back yaa Sh.Nur smile.gif

Kashafow, Abdi Ghahayr recited these powerful stanzas when elders of his kin attempted to dissuade him from initiating an offence against the looters of his choice camels. The elders suggested sending ergo (selected elders to the offending clan) to resolve the matter peacefully. Abdi Ghahayr resisted begging his camels back, and insisted that he will regain it by force.

When everything else seemed to have failed with him, the elders resorted to remind him that he is a Muslim, and he should, accordingly, restrain from shedding Muslim blood, and instead pray and supplicate (awlaadsi) with them in the Mosque. That’s when Abdi Ghahayr felt obliged to reason with these concern elders and perhaps educate them about its (the camel that is) value and how it is utterly justified for him to fight for the return of his camels. In supremely suited verses, Abdi Ghahayr suggested that the nobility of camel is unparalleled. Even the Precious Book, Abdi Ghahayr didactically instructed, had dedicated sacred verses for it. It was the camel, he noted, that which greatly benefited and yielded most profits to the companion of the Prophet. And, oh elders how could you stop me when even in the Aakhirah (hereafter) the one without camels is damned. And how could I possibly pray and supplicate with you when I have no dromedary to saddle, he reasoned!

Aakhiro nimaan geel lahayn lama ammaaneyne’e

Maxaan idinla awlaadasadaa awr ma dhaansade’e

One can argue that these two stanzas immortalized the history of our pastoral society. In it is an enduring record about the position of which camel occupied in the psychic of our forefathers.

Once again thanks Nur for sharing it with us.

Cara.   

Thanks for the poem, Nur (it was an opportunity to pun you could not resist, eh?).

And for the able exposition, Xiin.

Laba-X   

Gabaygaasi waygu cusub yahayoo, waad ku mahadsantahay Xiin sharaxaadkaad na siisay. Laakinse waxaan si wacan u xasuustaa gabaygii Afyare oo ahaa

Sinji adag haddii aannu lahayn, Sool ma dhacarteene

Sarriig buu ku tiiganahayaa, Sulux ma dhiiqeene,

Waxa Suuradaha loogu daray, waa si gooniya’e

Sinhajkiisa lama gaari karo, Saatirkaa yidhiye,

Soomaalida habeeddiyo kolkay, suuddu ku ekaato

Sanqaraar udgoonow haddii, salowgi kuu yeedho,

Soddon mayl markuu kuu jiraad, saxansaxootaaye

Sabaad iyo wuxuu kuu noqdaa, cadarka Soodaane.

Saqda dhexe allaylkii haddaad, sahal u yeedhyeedho

Sebigey lahayd iyo hadday, gabantu sooyaanto

Si yar oodda uga leexiyee, seeyin u mudinee.

and ends with...

Sicirka dunida geeleennu waa, ugu sarreeyaaye,

Soomaaligii diidayoow, waad silloon tahaye.

Walaalo your gabey shamed me wallaahi :( . I thought I was good. But that poem of yours felt like I was trying to decipher a chinese riddle :( . I think my somali is hopeless for real though. For the love of God, What is siloon?

-----------------------------------------------

Get Up!Up Even the best fall down sometimes

Nur   

Quick responses

Chocolate and Honey

That poem is immaculate and inspiring lets examine the passage

Sicirka dunida geeleennu waa, ugu sarreeyaaye,

Soomaaligii diidayoow, waad silloon tahaye

SILLOON, is ( WEIRDO) , here in this context means someone who is not right, not of the right mind, not of the right attitude, not of the right outlook in life, why, because no one with the right mind can fail to value Camels the highest possible, so those who disagree with that fact, need to be taken to an e-Nuri literary intensive care unit to breathe literary life onto their minds.

Alle U Baahne bro.

You write:

Ilaahoow geel waan jeclahee, anoon dhaqan ha i dilin

Amin, kulligeen, make sure you save some money though to buy hundred she camels, camel men never worry about bird flu.

XiinFaniin bro.

That was a Supersonic exegis of the first order, mashaAllah, never know who is in the crowd, its good to know that literary afficionados are in our midst at SOL grazing and water hole.

Callypso

Always taking your comments with caano geel, thanks walaal

Labo X.

Bro, that was a great poem, JZK for taking time to post, your poem can be explained to the satisfaction of many western raised Nomads, but your Nickname is kinda troubling, if I have to explain your nick, i would equate it with the the STAR system, like five star bravery and manhood, a time when manhood is being compromised ( Sow ta rag ba'ay).

Nur

Laba-X   

Salaan Sare!

Walaal Nur,

The nickname shoudln't be of any trouble unless you look at its literal meaning. Otherwise waxey lamid tahay tilmaantuu bixiyey Abwaan Cabdi M Amiin oo ku jirtey heestii ahayd:

Waxaan dhashay anoo xora

Xalan oo nadiif ka ah

Aduunyada xumaanteed

Anoo xiiso lay qabo

Xareed soo da’aysiyo

Xariir layga jecel yahay

Baan xaynka hooyo soo galay

Xubna dheere waa wiil

Waa laba xiniinyood

Xulad weeye Geesiya

Ayaa lagu xifaaltamay

Xabaddaa kor loo riday

Waxaa kaloo jirtey, sidaan u maqlay, in 1830-nadii, kasoo galka magaalada Karin ay ku sawirnaan jireen laba xiniinyood oo ay ujeeddadoodu ahayd in markaad soo geleyso magaalada aad ragannimadaada iyo islaweynidaada dibada kaga timaadid hadaad dooneyso inaad nabad ka heshid dadkamagaalada degan. Taa ma maqashay weli?

Waxan kaloo idinka Codsanlahaa brother Nur, Alle-Ubaahne iyo Xiinfaniinow, inaad Gabayadan hadaad haysaan ii sheegtaan idinkoo ku mahadsan!

Wa-Salaam!

^^Guba and Siinley, i thought, should be in every Somali suugaan site. Halacdheere i am familiar with, but Hurguma i am not sure i have even heard it.

Nurow, that was child's play in man's sport; i don't know much about somali literature. Baashi and Mutakalim do.

Haneefah   

^Being modest aren't ya, good for you! Great commentary though, some of us are just poetically challenged redface.gif

Brother Nur, wlc back! I wasnt aware that e-Nuri had a poetry branch. Nonetheless, interesting piece, it illustrates how precious geel was to our forefathers.

Laba-X   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Guba and Siinley, i thought, should be in every Somali suugaan site. Halacdheere i am familiar with, but Hurguma i am not sure i have even heard it.

after searching extensively i finally found Silsiladii Guba on Golkhatumo but siinley and the rest are no where to be found. I do not think anyone has Halac-Dheere, Hurgumo or Siinley and the only way to get them is to get back to the Odayaashii Miyiga ku noolaa waqtiyada dhacdooyinkaa!

Hurgumo waa gabaygii uu bilaabay Khaliif Shiikh Maxamud oo kamid ahaa ragii kadib fallaagoobey oo gacmaha u galay Xabashida dagaalkii 77kii wuxuuna saf la ahaa colka. waxaa la sheegay in uu yahay gabay sidii Guba asalkeedu Qabiil yahay!