Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

The Plot Narrows. Murder in Dubai !!!

The story takes another turn ... 11 arrest warrants are issued for the Europeans, and two Palestinians are in jail.

Palestinians held in Dubai over Hamas militant murder

By Acil Tabbara (AFP) – 4 hours ago

DUBAI — The two men, both residents of the United Arab Emirates, had "fled to Jordan" after Mahmud al-Mabhuh was found dead in a Dubai hotel room on January 20, police chief Dahi Khalfan told AFP.

He said they were extradited from Jordan "three days ago," pointing to a "strong suspicion" against one of the two who had met a member of the suspected hit team before the assassination.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jLBEbUZOmuKgEdLdoE3K43Pe6jJw

^^^NGOONGE, you and I could not take out a fly. As for the mission, I agree most of the hard work was done prior, the intelligence gathering was spot on. The fact that they took a top prize with such ease and did not even use heavy weapons, and disturb the neighbors shows the level of skill employed. However you are a Somali, you wanted a big shoot out with bombs and technical’s and screaming fake Sheikhs.

Ibtisam   

Blessed, it always is the case, moles are not a new thing. And Hamas has suffered from this leak for so long.

Look at LSK report already. :cool:

Blessed   

Ibts, there's a difference between individual informants and the establishment- you were pointing the finger at the Dubai establishment. The UAE has it short comings as with every other establishment on earth but as a country they have time and time again demonstrated that their loyalty lies with the Palestinians. This is a country where even carryng Israeli currency is criminal. People here are very sensitive about the Palestinian cause and I find it unfair that you rush to accuse the state - without facts.

Duke,

Senior leaders have been killed in ther parts of the world too..Fact. Teeda kale, what has that 'sheikhs' story got to do with this? He's a sick individual who didn't hold an official post.. nor was he acting for a westerner. The abuse was over grain if you bothered to follow the story.

^^^Blessed adeer, no need to get hot over Dubai, our difference on this topic is a simple one, without local help the mission to take out the big boy would not have been such a success.

Thats all. You on the other hand, think I am somehow attacking Dubai, by statting the obvious?

Come on, and that Shiekh dude is a simple example, if he beat the hell out of a fellow Muslim because he was such a nutter. Then why do you find it hard that little Dubai is awash with western spies? :D

Ibtisam   

Blessed, I'm glad you are quick to jump to their defense, perhaps all the lip service they pay has convinced you that Dubai as a state (I’m sure the people like everywhere else support the Palestinians and are great etc) would support Hamas or Palestine at the expense of Israel. Don’t take my words for it; research the recent case of Israeli settler bankroller billionaire Leviev, 2009. Must I also remind you that in 2009, UAE deported Palestinians as part of their “Emiratization” program. (In all the media in 2009- will find you link)

So excuse me if I’m not all that taken with Dubai solidarity as a state showed via new year celebration cancellations and throwing money at them for rebuilding what they financed to destroy. How hypocritical is it to finance both sides, and how is that helping is the Palestinians?

While I know that they will not go out of their way to carry out Israel’s dirty work by harming or directly killing Palestinians as a state, I'm sure there are individuals within the police or informants in Dubai which have facilitated this. How far it goes up can only be a matter of speculation and it seems it even includes Palestinians. Maybe I should have emphasized that they are paid private individuals.

I see their public declarations as nothing more than crump’s for their citizens so they are seen to be doing something and lip service for the media. In all dealings where it mattered, they have been a little better than Egypt that’s all.

Ibtisam - not sure what the link between Leviev and UAE is about, got sources?

But just wanted to comment on the Emeratization program. Just like the Omanisation program and many such programs across the gulf, they are aimed at making the local populate skilled and filling jobs with 'wadanis'- its not aimed at uprooting Palestinians or any specific group out of jobs. I think you blv Palestinians shouldnt be sent back home because they dont have a home? Alot of people would fall into that category in that case (Somalis included) and its harsh and I dont personally agree with it but its the law of the land and people went there knowing full well this could happen.

Ibtisam   

Don’t you remember the wo-ha about granting Leviev licenses in UAE 2008 after Unicef severed ties with the billionaire because he single handled financed four/five Jewish colonies in the West Bank, including the wall which divides occupied Jerusalem from the West Bank. Dubai at the same time granted license for opening of two new stores. Damascus and Dubai had a verbal public war, and Hamas and Dubai had a fight, the USA vowed to sue the UAE if they don’t grant the licenses and the UAE did. That is the long and short of it. Just Google Leviev And Dubai.

“Emiratization” program was by default aimed at Palestinian and Lebanese skilled workers only rather than all foreigners- they don't mind low unskilled workers or white expensive ones either.

Oh - gotcha. Thanks.

Emiratisation/Qatarization/Saudization/etc is not 'officially' targetted at specific group of workers/citizens. Obviously the natives have a preference for certain jobs more than others. I dont see Arab boys soiling their white dhishdhashas willingly and getting down and dirty to do manual labour anytime soon.

Ibtisam   

^^Loool @ soiling their white dhishdhashas, true, so I guess by default they end up as the majority to go home.

Ngonge, adigi qofkasto oo waxa igu qabsaad gacanta qabo icon_razz.gif Blessed lives their, so she is more likely to know all the good stuff which I dont mind reading, and I expect her to defend and lecture and tell me those things are small compared to all the good they do, which may very well be.

NGONGE   

^^ Do you know how many Somalis lost their jobs because of this 'Emiratisation' thing at the bloodiest point of the Somali civil war? Do you know where most of them ended up?

Anigu wan ku daayay on this thread, Ibti. But on your last post I could not help chuckling at how much digging you put yourself through. I shall leave it to Blessed to lecture us all. icon_razz.gif