Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

MARC SMITH***The Trouble With Somaliland*** VIDEO EXLUSIVE

^ serenity, is that you leaving the ahem-constructive comments on the mans u tube page.

anyhow, what are you threatening the man over other than his shades.

Somali-stan is a *small* cause and is the manifestation of the colonial mentality - hence as a notion, it stinks (don't make make force you to listen to fela anikulapo kuti).

-- any how mr smith-- i'm sorry I don't really want to watch the video, what's your point?

Gee! Is it that obvious? :rolleyes:

CG, save me all the bitter rhetoric about colonial lines and tell me why SL should be part of Somalia? What could it possibly gain from such a union? Perhaps amxaar at their doorsteps too?

Have you ever heard of the story of the Crab Bucket? Thats Somali mentality for you!

^ sweet, and the moral of that story is that we all live and die alone, since every man/woman is an island and cannot be relied upon to support those that may be in a worse position ...

when was the last you practised what your preaching here?

Baashi   

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

why SL should be part of Somalia? What could it possibly gain from such a union? Perhaps amxaar at their doorsteps too?

Secessionist enclave is part of Somalia as I write. The hardcore separatists want to secede but can't -- as no state want to recognize a recovery zone situated in a volatile region that pins its legal, moral case on past colonial narrative and grievances against military junta that is no longer in power -- a grievances they share with their fellow brethren.

Why:

1. It is not practical.

2. It is difficult to create a precedent in the murky ethnic mess that spill over different sovereign states throughout Africa.

3. The world seems to ignore the secessionists requests.

4. Maakhir, Sool and Ceyn, and Puntland counter claims complicate the whole proceeding.

5. Somalia territorial integrity is a tall order to be reckon with.

Not your cup of a tea as you can see.

As to Amxaaro thing remember Ethiopia is what made present SL possible in the first place. As of today Tigre junta is pretty much involved in the SL -- the Tigre just don't have opposing forces and hence the calm and absence of their tanks at the doorsteps of Berbera port (strategic in every sense of the word).

Emperor   

Neither are there any Ethiopian soldiers in Bosaaso, Garowe, Qardho and other areas on Puntland state...

Smith, you did not add anything new to the table, only stated the previous events... However, I hear , hear that you are against SL secession...

Why do u think your argument or clip enforces the case against SL independence?