Sign in to follow this  
Nationalist

Do you have a great idea that can reduce poverty and will generate a profit?

Care for a challenge or are you chickening out?

Do you have a great idea that can reduce poverty and will generate a profit?

If you do than give your idea to me here and please make it original, adoptable for a non-governmental organisation and realistically financiable [say between $1,- and $500.000,- dollars]. Yes half a million and not 500 for the record!

This could be of great benefit to our country Somalia and it's useful to our people.

As Pablo Picasso once said: "Action is the foundational key to all success."

Good luck mates!

Screw Somalia man.. I am thinking of establishing an unprecedented business in Minneapolis metro area targeting the Somali community, my project has passed the research and planning vase. I will execute it once I get done with my stup!d school… So yeah.. I will be happy to share my project details with you if it didn’t work out for me..

Yeah i do have a great idea.FERTILIZER.There is an abundance of waste....human waste in somalia which can be converted to fertilizer which can then be sold to the west for their farms.It doesnt cost us anything to manufacture it,all you have to do is make sure you collect it properly or better still make a deal with WAJIR city council as they have a ready supply of it every morning and every evening in buckets.!!

Intel   

Originally posted by ORGILAQE:

Yeah i do have a great idea.FERTILIZER.There is an abundance of waste....human waste in somalia which can be converted to fertilizer which can then be sold to the west

:D:D niice

---------------------------------------------

exporting Cordial from Queensland straight to Bosaso

Nationalist i think you're from Down under..intrested mate?

raula   

Originally posted by ORGILAQE:

Yeah i do have a great idea.FERTILIZER.There is an abundance of waste....human waste in somalia which can be converted to fertilizer which can then be sold to the west for their farms.It doesnt cost us anything to manufacture it,all you have to do is make sure you collect it properly or better still make a deal with WAJIR city council as they have a ready supply of it every morning and every evening in buckets.!!

ohoohohohohooooooho....someone is in trouble..(matusi eh!) wait till you hear from wasee wa NFD :eek: moto umewaka kijana-shauri yako :D but yes I have heard of this phenomena in a jokingly manner-never thought it was true.

Haddad   

I don't know if you meant $500.000 by $500.00. I suspect you meant the later. In that case, I am afraid there's little you can do with $500.00. But, if you find 5-10 partners who are willing to invest with you the same amount, then you might be able to do something. My idea is to buy a second-hand (or semi new) machinery that processes food or soft drink. The ideal place to buy from is Western Europe (especially Germany whose technology is dependable) or China. These machinery will produce food or soft drinks that's widely consumed (or familiar) in Somalia. It will not produce mass quantity, but sufficient amounts that supply several hundreds or few thousands. It will employ several (or tens in part-time) workers. One idea is a machinery that produces pasta (spaghetti, macaroni and etc), like this one: pasta-usato_01.jpg

producing various kinds, like this:

impaginazione_pasta.gif

The idea is to produce locally and compete with imported products at a price of less than 50% (at the same time making very decent profit).

There are a lot of ideas to explore. For example, I am exploring setting up a small shop that builds photovoltaic panels, install, maintain, and repair it when needed. The estimates for such a business doesn't exceed more than a few tens thousands. Maintaining and repairing those panels is minimal. And it doesn't require a degree or lots of training to start such a business.

The author/brother is day-dreaming. Bro, ideas are money, specially those that can be the basis of a fortune in the future, plus we're living increasingly selfish world. Unless one is a fool, in which case fools don't come up with good ideas, or extremely generous, people of this Zaman don't feel like giving what they can buck on.

I admire your intentions, though. They're noble.

Good luck and Allah bless.

Action Jackson ; Good luck mate, you'll need it.

Orgilaqe ; what an excellent idea. Simple yet ingenious. Care to dig into the details perhaps?

Rokko ; Lol mate! I'm from Ozzie. Perth as in matter of fact [so I can basically swim to Bosaso] and I'm very interested in your idea. Care to elaborate further?

Haddad ; I meant half a million dollars mate. I reckon things will change than, so please continue. You have my undivided attention.

Aniga ; One must always try to succeed.

Thank you all guys. I'm expecting more replies, so please keep those marvellous ideas coming.

Haddad   

Originally posted by Nationalist:

I meant half a million dollars mate.

Well, in that case, you can do something. You need to do some explorations, readings and searchings. You also need to take precautions from posssible fraud and business deception. With the current state of worldwide economy (slow, recession and etc), the potential to be duped into fraud and manipulation is greater. In these times, you wouldn't want commit a substantial capital into business and/or investment. With the figure you have mentioned, I would start with several/tens K's, and expand it when I see profits. You also wouldn't want commit to one kind/type of business/investment; diversity is the key. Prior to doing anything, you need to become a scout (or send scouts) to study the potential market.

ohoohohohohooooooho....someone is in trouble..(matusi eh!) wait till you hear from wasee wa NFD moto umewaka kijana-shauri yako but yes I have heard of this phenomena in a jokingly manner-never thought it was true.

Raula well sis it is true aint it?.

My suggestion is since they are collecting it by the bucketfull they should establish a new stock market where one can trade in Wajir feaces by the buckets similar to the oil markets"oil barrels" maybe even set up a Feaces cartel similar to opec cartel.Meet once a year to see whether they can increase capacity or reduce preferably in vienna as opec does or maybe in LA.If they decide to increase capacity they simply have to feed the folks of wajir more and when reducing capacity they reduce their daily intake of ruphagge!.Ensure they have strong allies otherwise what happened to Iraq will happen to them and some other country that needs Wajir Feaces and has less than it needs will invade.

George Bush might even decide to invade saying"Regime change is necessary to ensure that the WMD are properly accounted for.No UN sanctions on Wajir Feaces will do.Folks here dont appreciate terrorists attacking them with WMD built using Wajir feaces Money".

raula   

^^^^yes I have heard of the story -but never been to the place-thx :D:D

Whoever mentioned Soda machines-aren't you worried about the health penalities involved in diffusing what already is a calamity in the western countries to somalis back home? Although, they consume much of these drinks-these individuals have no clue of its adverse health effects. If in any case-we need to revive the healthy fruits that are predominately grown in somalia, manufacture and sell them overseas (IF POSSIBLE smile.gif ).

My proposal in helping eradicate poverty is: Teaching them sustainable agricultural mechanisms-since many lived nomadic lifestyles to begin with. With these approach, they can maximise and revive land use (although most of the lands are semi-arid and eroded)and increase subsistence farming (for family consumption-hence reducing waiting for aid from families overseas or depending on jobs in cities/towns) as well as develop large-scale farming for cash-crop productions (and export). However, the consequences can be like what happened (is happening to INDIA's farmers)-where the introduction of new pest control schemes excerbated PEST RESISTANCE to chemicals-etc.

*this is just my crude agricultural proposals-Iam not educated in that field; perhaps an expert might shed light on those. However, Its a sound practicum to experiment with.

:D

Faheema.   

Originally posted by
Aniga

The author/brother is day-dreaming. Bro, ideas are money, specially those that can be the basis of a fortune in the future, plus we're living increasingly selfish world. Unless one is a fool, in which case fools don't come up with good ideas, or extremely generous, people of this Zaman don't feel like giving what they can buck on.

Completely agree with you there, and to post your ideas in a public domain? hmm not such a good idea :eek:

little tip

before you post your idea/s in here, print it out put it in an envelope stamp it and mail it to your current address...once it's delivered DO NOT OPEN IT keep it somewhere safe...that way you have proof that this was your idea then we can pursue the lawsuit ;)

Originally posted by - Nifty -:

little tip

before you post your idea/s in here, print it out put it in an envelope stamp it and mail it to your current address...once it's delivered
DO NOT OPEN IT
keep it somewhere safe...that way you have proof that this was
your idea
then we can pursue the lawsuit
;)

^^ The logic went right over my head. Come again.

I'd like to start a restuarant. That way, I'm really reducing poverty/hunger and generating profit :D:D;)

NGONGE   

Flag factory, saaxib. There are so many patriotic people around the world who’ll always buy flags. With Somalia itself having four or five flags so far, imagine all the flags you’ll sell whenever there is a conflict between the different sides or a celebration. It’s a sure thing.

Goes with your name too ;)