Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

'Muslim Live 8' show for Darfur

Ms DD   

'Muslim Live 8' show for Darfur

Around 4m people in Darfur are dependent on humanitarian aid

A Live 8-style concert to help tackle the humanitarian crisis in Darfur will be put on by British Muslims.

Organisers said that they hoped the event at Wembley Arena in London on 21 October would be a sell-out.

They added that it was "shameful" that Muslims were not as concerned about the conflict in Sudan as they were by bloodshed elsewhere, such as Iraq.

More than 2m people have been left homeless in Darfur since fighting broke out in 2003 when rebels took up arms.

'Huge embarrassment'

Jehangir Malik, the UK national fundraising manager of Islamic Relief, said the concert would celebrate Eid at the end of Ramadan.

I feel that the Muslim community must match the level of response that our government has done

Saifuddin Ahmed

Muslim Aid

He added: "We are going for our own equivalent of Live 8.

"It will be people trying to raise funds and raise the profile. We should hopefully see a sell-out and it will be a milestone."

Singer Sami Yusuf will headline, and organisers said they hoped that members of all communities will attend.

Fareena Alam, the editor of the Muslim magazine Q News, was part of a Muslim delegation backed by the Foreign Office which travelled to Darfur to talk to victims of the violence.

She told a press conference: "It is very shameful that we can get very, very hot and bothered about other issues.

"There is a lot of information about Darfur. There is no doubt this is Muslim-on-Muslim violence. In Iraq, the enemy is externalised.

"In this situation where are the values that we talk about, that killing one life is about killing humanity? This has to be high profile. It is a huge embarrassment to us."

Saifuddin Ahmed of Muslim Aid, said it was "quite shameful" that Muslim nations had donated less than western countries.

He added: "I feel that the Muslim community must match the level of response that our government has done."

Around 4m people in Darfur are dependent on humanitarian aid.

Between January 1 and April 1 2007, 107,000 civilians were displaced in the region.

The Live 8 concert in July 2005 highlighted global poverty before the G8 summit in Gleneagles.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6955341.stm

^^How do you see concerts helping muslims for feeding them three meals a day, why there is no reconcilation or musaalaxah, between sudan the goverment and its people, while there is enough high funds from the oil and agriculuture avenues.

I think mistakes do happen but in reality there should be effective reconcilation on both sides

I dont beleive all those west's mainly the pro-Isreali-Celebirites ...crying wolfs who want to de-stablise any muslim nation either by ethnicity or sects, like sudan: tribes against each other, like Iraq: sects against each other, like lebanon: sects:Muslims and christains against each other, and above all ... sunni nations against iran, and forget about somalia: clans against each other and ethopia against all.

This well deigned fitnah, plus the pressures of USA against islamic sources, and when that sources dry up as they want ... Dont expect nothing else but Djaaal.

Ms DD   

I think it is a need to be seen by others that muslims arent just ignoring the situation. But Allah knows what is in the breasts of people and their intentions. So I wouldnt try and second guess. But the fact remains that we must do our bit for the sufferings of muslims wherever they are. Charity begins at home, so Somalia should be our priority and then others.

Originally posted by Sharmarkee:

^^How do you see concerts helping muslims for feeding them three meals a day

The profit from the concerts will help feed some. And hopefully more people will be encouraged to donate more.

I dont beleive all those west's mainly the pro-Isreali-Celebirites ...crying wolfs who want to de-stablise any muslim nation either by ethnicity or sects, like sudan: tribes against each other, like Iraq: sects against each other, like lebanon: sects:Muslims and christains against each other, and above all ... sunni nations against iran, and forget about somalia: clans against each other and ethopia against all.

Oh c'mon - Somalia, Sudan, Iran? Blame the Jews for everything, eh? I think it was time Muslims took responsibility for their for their own silly actions. It's easier to point a finger and blame everyone around. Or is the Jews' fault that wealthy Muslim nations refuse to donate money to war-torn fellow Muslim countries?

^^war-torn fellow Muslim countries?

Who create wars between loving tribes, and sold the weapons,and play against each other, keep your little jew-loving to yourself adeer, they loot iraq in a broad daylight, who else, "Yas cawna fil aradi fasaada", soon they will burn under your feet.

Adeer the whole west is kidnapped by jews, and most of muslims are underpressure, soon inshaAllah the proper muslims rise against them at the end of times , and free this world from trynnay and Ribba and interest rates and fassaad.

Btw, the sudanses used be good tempered and cool people, untill recently, now you try to cross to isreal in droves through sinai desert who create this mirage dreams ... revolts, and wars?

N.O.R.F   

Wembley Arena was re-developed by my old company. Remember that when entering,,,,,,

a nugget of information,,,,,,

Ibtisam   

^^So it is the Muslims fault for being ignorant , buying weapons from their enemy, killing each other and being played against one another like fools. It is a humiliation and a punishment.

P.s. They are not the only ones who spread mischief in the world, the "Muslims" and ignorant are doing it all on their own.

As for the concert, It gives an opportunity for non Muslims to give their money to worthwhile causes rather than pouring it down the bar like they normally do. So yeah take it off them and give it to the poor by all means, it will feed them for a few days, but does not give them long term solutions or projects that will allow them to sustain themselves.

Who create wars between loving tribes, and sold the weapons,and play against each other, keep your little jew-loving to yourself adeer, they loot iraq in a broad daylight, who else, "Yas cawna fil aradi fasaada", soon they will burn under your feet.

1) Europeans created the borders for most of the world, putting enemies in the same country - long before Jews had the right to be not persecuted.

2) I don't love Jews, but I don't naively blame them for every single thing, either.

3) One of the things Jews could be blamed for, though, would be Iraq, hence my examples were limited to Somalia, Sudan and Iran.

4) I'm not your adeer. More like eedo. But that would be weird. You'd be my nephew. A bloody old nephew.

Adeer the whole west is kidnapped by jews, and most of muslims are underpressure, soon inshaAllah the proper muslims rise against them at the end of times , and free this world from trynnay and Ribba and interest rates and fassaad.

The West is not kidnapped by Jews, most Muslims are not underpressured. Muslims will be oppressed, but it will be by all the kafirs. I loathe all kafirs, unlike you who limit your dislike for Jews only.

Btw, the sudanses used be good tempered and cool people, untill recently, now you try to cross to isreal in droves through sinai desert who create this mirage dreams ... revolts, and wars?

The Black Sudanese were known for their coolness - I don't know who to call Sudanese anymore though, as there's major ethnic cleansing happening. Not Israeli mind you; Arabic.