Sign in to follow this  
Skipper

Women and tears

chubacka   

Dey go early viking, I remem when I was in Buroa all da kids would be out the hse sooo early an they would come back an us "daganceeliis?!" would still be sleeping.

pardon the somali mis spelling!

Aaliyyah   

All women know that the easiest way to make a man uncomfortable is to cry

I would say there is no need to generalize Skipper, even though there might be few women out there who would cry in order to get what they want.

Seriously though why cry so u can get what u want? ...just makes u seem retarded and pathetic.

There are other ways that u could still get what u want, like sweet talk em icon_razz.gif

wa salaamu alaikum

Skipper   

Through generalizing we are able to learn something that we wouldnt learn otherwise. The other day i heard that the tallest people in the world are the the tutsi of Congo. That ofcourse doesnt mean that all tutsis are tall but generally speaking thay are the tallest people in the world. So when i say women are good in the art of manupulating to get her way, i dont mean that all women are that evil. But again when we use the formula of generalizing then we discover that they are good at the art of manupulating.

No wonder why women outnumber men in hell.

chubacka   

Originally posted by Skipper:

No wonder why women outnumber men in hell. [/QB]

Ouch :eek: :eek:

really you should let that small incident so many years ago go, its making you have a v. unhealthy attitude to women!!

Skipper   

Chubka the fact that women will outnumber men in hell is not the best kept secret. If you had paid a little more attention to Islam then you would know what i am talking about. By the way the reason why i told you the incident that happend to me many years ago was backing the subject at hand with something that i had earlier experienced. The quesion that i want you to answer is why do women use manupulation to get their way? Is honest and dignity an unknown thing to women?

Zafir   

I was in Africa at the time. This fate happend in dugsii after i said some harmless thing like your clothes are dirty. The girl got to work her tricks and couldn´t stop crying for the next 2 hours. It was as if i said to the girl that her mother just passed away.

What are you? Three?? and I am not entirely convinced you know the meaning of the word "manipulate" my dear Norway boy.

Ps: piece of advice, all this time your asking these silly questions is precious time taken away from phone conversations, prioritize sxb.

chubacka   

Skipper I am not disputing the fact that there is a hadith that narrates women will outnumber men in hell...but its jst not something that you can pull into every conversation in which you feel you were wronged by one particular woman.

And what is your all research based upon? Your experience wid how many women and lets not forget that fateful incident at the dugsi.Really where is all this anger coming from?

Nephissa   

^Knock it off you two above.

Uhhh Puhleeeze Skipper, you need to soften a bit dude! Now I know if I cry in front of my hubby and most of my male relatives, they would get so nervous and guilty and would hand me their wallet to keep me quiet.. :D . Ahhh, waxaasaa iiish calaa fii family lagaa dhahaa.

Skipper   

Zafir are you faling in love with me darling? I was told SOL is a discussion site rather than argumentive one. Since i came you were allways hostile to me. I wonder why?

Neph:Uhhh Puhleeeze Skipper, you need to soften a bit dude! Now I know if I cry in front of my hubby and most of my male relatives, they would get so nervous and guilty and would hand me their wallet to keep me quiet.. . Ahhh, waxaasaa iiish calaa fii family lagaa dhahaa.

TEll them

Ms DD   

The Crying Game: Why Women Cry More Than Men

Theresa VosillaStaff Reporter

Issue date: 11/3/05 Section: Features

PrintEmail Article Tools Page 1 of 1

AP Photo/Sunday Alamba

Why do women cry more then men? Many studies have been done on this topic.

A common belief among people is that women are cry babies. If this belief is true, then why is it so?

Girls and boys cry about the same amount of times until they reach the age of twelve, by the time they are eighteen women cry on average four times more than men. That is about 5.3 cries a month compared to a man's 1.4 times per month according to research by Dr. William Frey who studies tears.

So the old belief is true, women do cry more than men. But scientists still do not know exactly why this is true. One theory is that women cry more than men mostly because of social conditioning. As males are growing up they are urged to excel and become powerful, to never show their emotions, to be tough, independent, demanding, aggressive and good problem-solvers.

Males in our culture often hear things like, don't be a sissy, don't whine like a little girl, be self-sufficient, powerful and dominate others. In comparison to females who are taught to be a lady, express their emotions and value their looks and charm.

Although these ideals and values of society are changing they still do exist. Another thought is that women cry more than men due to the physical and hormonal difference between them.

The hormone prolactin is present in the mammary glands and induces lactation but it is also found in the blood and tear glands. Boys and girls have the same level of this hormone until they are twelve years old. The girl's amount then gradually rises and by the time they are eighteen they have sixty percent more than boys do.

The tear glands in men and women are also anatomically different, as are their tears. According to Frey's research, when men cry 73 percent of the time, tears do not fall down their cheeks. Men may get misty-eyed, but teardrops don't give way. When women cry almost every crying episode involves runaway tears down their cheeks.

Many different things cause women to cry such as, frustration, stress, personal problems and hormonal changes caused by pregnancy, menstruation or menopause. All these things can lead to tears that are sometimes unavoidable.

85 percent of women and 73 percent of men said that they felt better after crying, which shows that tears may help remove chemicals that build up after stress according to Frey. Also scientists and sociologists both say that women are more inclined than men to feel the urge to cry when they are frustrated.

This may lead to problems for women in certain situations at work. Researchers at Pennsylvania State University found that men's tears are viewed more positively than women's. This is because men are found crying less frequently.

Crying could be a bad career-marring mistake. Both men and women often view crying as a sign of weakness or irrationality.

"Women in business don't cry, my dear," said Martha Stewart on her Apprentice television show to a female contestant who started to cry.

The web page, Advice on The Society for Women Engineers (SWE.org) gives suggestions on how to hold back your tears for those of us who are tear prone.