Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

ASYLUM SEEKERS EAT OUR DONKEYS

African   

guys I DO mean to blow ur bobble. icon_razz.gif

To me this is worse than some1 calling u nigger. At least its true we r niggers (latin word for black, b4 some1 jumps on my neck).

So where's the funny part?? :confused:

Haashim   

B4 the Sun accused what it called Hungry Eastern European for eating their swans regullarly (remember; all swans in UK are officially owned by the Queen) :D , today Daily Star accusing US for eating their donkeys (i don't know who owned them :confused: ) What's next?

RaMpAgE   

ASYLUM SEEKERS EAT OUR DONKEYS

Police hunt rustlers after 9 are snatched.Asylum seekers have stolen nine donkeys – and police believe they’ve killed and eaten them. The pets – which gave kids rides at a Royal park – are said to have been stolen by East Africans, who see their meat as a delicacy.

The female donkeys vanished after thieves cut through a wire fence at night. They were then led across a golf course and driven off in lorry. Officers investigating the rustling believe the donkeys – worth £4,000 each – have been chopped up and sold. The animals were favourite at Greenwich Royal Park in south-east London and locals have been devastated to learn of their fate. A police insider told the Daily Star: “We are totally baffled over what has happened to the donkeys. They’ve been giving rides to kids for years and have become a bit of an institution. One of the main lines of inquiry is that they may have been taken by immigrants who like eating donkey meat as a delicacy. It’s no secret that we have a large African immigrant community here.”

Donkey meat is a speciality in some East African countries, including Somalia. And two areas near Greenwich – Woolwich and Thamesmead – have large numbers of Somalian asylum seekers.

The meat is also popular in some Eastern European countries, such as Slovakia and Romania.

Just last month, the Food Standards Agency warned that donkey meat was found in salami, pastrami and chorizo being sold in British shops.

The donkey rustling follows reports of swans being stolen from ponds and lakes in London by immigrants to eat.

Two of the nine animals - called Mary, Mildred, Rosie, Lulu, Flossy, George, Tahley, Champagne Charlie and Tania – were pregnant and the theft has also left three foals pining for their mums.

Their owner Len Thorne, 69, said: “This has really sickened me. I’m particularly appalled that they left behind the foals – that’s the same as taking a baby away from its mother.”

His daughter Lorayne Ahmet, 41, said: “I think they were stolen to order. We’re fully aware that there is a big demand for them, particularly among people from certain countries who like eating them. It’s possible they’ve been taken by immigrants for that reason.”

The family is also checking reports that Albanian immigrants have been spotted in the past few days giving donkeys rides in Kent seaside towns.

Sad

Police Insp Jim Moore said: “It is very sad for local children, with whom the donkeys are very popular. Whoever carried out this theft must be quite heartless.”

Locals are also outraged by the theft.

Richard Taber, 28, who lives opposite the park, said: “Generations of people around here have had rides on those donkeys. The thought of people eating them sickens me.”

And a neighbour Margaret Reynolds, 76, said: “It makes my blood boil when I hear that asylum seekers have stolen them to eat.”

Lol...its humours in some way, but damn they making us look worser and worser each thime...first the savage skinnys (bhd), now donkey eaters? i wonder whats next? :mad:

I suppose thats the only conselation to be had from this whole Incident. It is a third-rate tabloid and not many people read it, but still i think it would be worthwhile to email them directly and challange there story

Blessed   

I am actually surprised that ya'll are taken aback by something found in the daily star :eek: Helllooo, the whole thing depicts trash, its headlines are usually about some bimbo strutting her stuff in a nudist beach somwhere 9as if dats something 2 read about) and most notably it costs 20p. Surely, if its producers have acknowledge is worth (cheap).. shouldn't we?

Pleeease, guys. Don't even give them the benefit of an email, it would indicate that Somalis read this ****** paper - which we don't.

It gives their opinions value it does not deserve and trust me, no matter what you do they will not re-tract their statement.

Isn't this the same paper that claimed to have seen So Solids -man (forgot name) @ a club when he was actully in prison - they clearly have no leads 2 their stories as the lovely folks @The Voice indicated :D

anyways....!!

Whilst, we'r on newspappers and stuff... wouldn't it be nice if we had a a newspaper that caters for the Somali community in the UK? I know we have some minis in circulation, but ain't it time we had a proper uk based weekly paper? Like the voice, new nation, nigeria times etc....

N.O.R.F   

lol,is'nt greenwich and woolwich in yr neck of the woods Barwaaqo?lol

i was told about this article and just laughed it off! They aint worth my 5 min email just to see them react by writin sumthin else next week. Its all aprt of the anti-asylum seeker propaganda, this usually occurs in papers such as the daily mail and daily telegraph, plus other trash tabloids.

Originally posted by Northerner:

lol,is'nt greenwich and woolwich in yr neck of the woods Barwaaqo?lol

Waryaa...wat is u implying? redface.gif

Donkeys meat isn't a dish I'm familiar with, ok? Blasted cheek! :mad:

Senora   

Originally posted by AYOUB_SHEIKH:

That is a lie!! No donkey is worth 4 grand!

LOL,is that the only line you found that upset you......

Well Londoners...good news or bad news first?

Lets go with the good. The Daily Stup!d Star finally published an apology for the "Somalis eat our Donkeys" article today. It goes something like this...

STOLEN DONKEYS

Friday, January 9, 2004

Daily Star

Our 21 August 2003 article "asylum seekers eat our donkeys" implied that Somalis had stolen donkeys from Greenwich Royal Park for food. We accept that the suggestion may have been offensive to the Somali community, and have been asked to make clear that the Muslim religion prohibits such activity. We apologise for any offence caused.

~~~~

The bad news is that the retraction is on page 2, right opposite RUTH, today's naked page 3 girl. :D

It's not much of an apology, but I think its quite enough, since its the first time the Somali community acted together against a national newspaper and won. Insha'Allah, we'll be able to respond better next time, should they try it again.

Special thanks to all those involved in the process, students, working policy groups and specially the SOMALI CO-ORDINATING COMMITTEE for fighting our corner.