Sign in to follow this  
Element 6

ARE YOU A BLOGGER?

Blogging has been the new ‘in’ thing lately. Sources estimate that there will be about 10 million blogs online in the next decade. So my question to you is this…..... Are you a blogger? Do you have a blog site?

You're right...its the 'in' thing now. I personally visit some interesting blogs but I've wondered if there were any somali blogging. Its not a good idea for me since I have commitment issues.

Bloggin is fun - buts its time consuming - you must update constantly. Since I stopped bloggin, becuz of the time required -adding images - and articulating your thoughts - it can take some time. So i've decided to keep an audio log instead - summarize the days events and reflections - what not. Its working so far. I recommend using digital records - not tape - cuz after a while it could cost you a lot of money buyin 'dem tapes. Digital recorders allow you to export your audio into many formats and u can keep them on a cd. i got this idea after long hours of transcribing research tapes and making audio notes - i figured - it would be even better and more accurate to document my life through audio - and it would be easier to document and review.

Jamaal-11,

Nice blog, masha allah. I enjoy what you wrote in there, especialy, the ethio-animosty towards us. Great pick of topics, I urge you to proceed such untapped fields of importance.

Mahadsanid

I have one too but it's strictly for close friends. I don't like the whole world knowing what I'm up to. Element 6, is your blog a secret too? I've spent many a work minute reading blogs. I set mine up mainly as a way to keep writing, anything goes as long as I'm flexing the writing muscles. Here's a snippet:

Vivid dreams

...I woke up laughing hysterically. A huge tough bloke had stared at me at this party and I'd asked him what he was looking at. Nothing he'd drawled in a Southern US accent, nothing's my middle name. Your mother must have thought much of u to call u nothing I replied and descended into hysterics. He followed me. I woke up while trying to explain to another man that the big guy wanted to hurt me. I was bent over double, laughing hard. The laughter woke me...I'm starting to worry about my subconcious.

OG_Girl   

I got one Thanks to Sue smile.gif

I can't share with you now cause I am still working on it adding, removing. Is good way to publish your thoughts.

Salam

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Erm, this site is my "blog"
:D

:D . So true. Think it would be brilliant idea for you to transfer your stuff there. No chance of being deleted or forgotten. Bloggin is for YOU NGONGE. :D

sheherazade I had a blog a while back - but - at the moment i'm putting a class blog down in couple of days - soon as i recieve my grade. Its not a secret you can check my profile to see what the link is - i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post the link here.

^^^Checked out your blog---the pace magazine is interesting...and the culture clash photo looks really cool + funny :D

Can you tell me something about it? Ex. is it still being distributied & is there an online version?

-----

People who are curious and want to check it out (take a tour) or sign up (to create your own free account) can go here: www.blogger.com/start