Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Becoming a Family

^^^You shoud go on game hunt in African savannas or better yet hithc ride with a Inuit on seal hunting expedetion. It might just put things in perspective.

Cara.   

^^I'm not sure I want the kind of perspective in which killing animals for fun is OK.

I can understand prehistoric man doing it, 'twas the era before Halo and Half-life...

^^The prehistoric man still lives within us. Modernity can't undo millenniums of behavioral conditioning where hunting animals for both food and sport was the norm.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Kool Qallanjo I see you have a problem with a 22 years old woman making an informed decisions! (on her own) Why oh why awoowe? she is old enough to make that kinda decision, yes? I dunno I have a hunch that ya have a reason to object on Sophie's choices in life
smile.gif
Why oh why?

Informed decision, aa...Walee waala wareeray...What could a 20yr old and 50yr old have in common...Other than him being old enough to be her awoowe (I might be stretching it a bit, but pretty close)...Besides, siduu nin 50jir ah u haweeysankaraa gabar yar oo 20jir ah...Unless, there is a situation or a catch...(ie. in Somalia, alot of families are now marrying off their teen daughters to 50 or 60+yr old men, just so they can some sort of financial support...Baahi baa ugeysay)...

Btw where, on the age spectrum, would you make the cut: max/min -> 20/10, 10/5, 5/2.5

I would say may be: max/min -> 20/15, 15/10... :confused: :confused: :confused:

^^^^ Well it doesn't seem the jack Nicholson's, Mick Jaggers, G Clooney's of this world to get that kinda of accusation - [Molester]. What about Demi Moores type?

Won't you agree that - once a person becomes an adult it doesnt matter the age gap - so long they perceive their significant other makes them happy - No?

It is no point to scream about something you don't even know you - yourself - would have done it, had you been in their shoes.

Cheers

Baashi   

^Zu waa inna rag who calls spade a spade. I like that buddy :D U sheeg awoowe.

Cara, I guess ya know how your fav hot dish comes about. Assuming ya like sea food, how about thinking about how fishermen have hunted all these nemo like creatures right there in candle lit table just to up the romantic night eh! Baby see lions...why bash them on the head...ya know what the smoke filled, alchoholic populated n deafening hall is good for :D How romantic eh :D Ya might know but millions consider fishing and hunting sport.

Kool marwo c'mon now. Ya disappointed me qallanjo. I thought ya had a valid objection on how 22 yrs olds of this world go about their lives. Ya asked the question what the two, with this much age gap, had in common yes? Well they are both adults unless 20ish are considered babies in ur world.

Kool_Kat   

Legend, everyone is entitle to their own opinions, no? Seems like I've touched on a sensitive issue...For all care, you can marry a 90yr old, whatever makes you happy darling...When you refer to J Nicholson & M Jagger, have you really seen them...As for the record George Clooney, anyday...Even if he is 90...lol

Baashi, I just don't see how someone uu u haweysan karo qof dhashay isagoo 30sano jiro...I mean, up to 10yrs age gab I can understand, even may be (and that's just a may be) but 30yrs difference...No thanks...Not me, Not my sisters, Not my daughter will ever marry a man who's 30yrs her senior...Disgusting...Well unless he is George Clooney...You know... ;););)

Faheema.   

^ Walaal, you are just discrediting your own argument when you say 'Mr Clooney would be an exception'...Why? [other than the obvious], although I would find it rather odd for a 22 year old to marry a 50yr old regardless of his calibre….Lakiin, that doesn’t change the fact that it was her choice and for whatever reason she came to that decision waa mid iyada u taala.

As long as it wasn't forced, who really gives a flip.

Now, if she was was a family member or friend...I would give more than a flip. And that goes if the guy was 22 and the lady was 50. Honestly in ten years he/she would be 32 and the spouse would be 60.

*insert hurling graemlin*

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Zuhayla:

^ Walaal, you are just discrediting your own argument when you say 'Mr Clooney would be an exception'...Why?

other than the obvious

I guess you answered it for me... ;)

Cara.   

Caravaggio, on the contrary, since most modern peoples DON'T hunt animals for food or as a sport, I'd say there's nothing intrinsic about the behavior. And in any case, I dunno how it works for you but when an impulse strikes me that would cause unnecessary harm to another, I channel it into less wicked pursuits, even if they prove to be ultimately less satisfying.

Good Baashi wrote:

Cara, I guess ya know how your fav hot dish comes about. Assuming ya like sea food, how about thinking about how fishermen have hunted all these nemo like creatures right there in candle lit table just to up the romantic night eh! Baby see lions...why bash them on the head...ya know what the smoke filled, alchoholic populated n deafening hall is good for [big Grin] How romantic eh [big Grin] Ya might know but millions consider fishing and hunting sport.

Now that should've been preceded by a "Yaa" :D

Do you really have no moral misgivings about killing animals purely for fun, or is this a "Let's Give The Bleeding-Heart Liberal Some Food For Thought" knee-jerk reaction?

I'd say no pun intended but I'd be lying.

Baashi   

Kool marwo, qallanjo what if every 22ish chic who falls for an older man considers him as her G. Clooney of the world?

Yaa Cara, qallanjo ya won the "dood" awoowe :D Attend to Zafir at once plz. He wants ur attention :D