Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Demand Ngonge To Write a Book

Abtigiis   

I am sure NG's book would have been a big hit. I pledge financial support if he decides to go ahead. But, he has to bring proformas and receipts. Otherwise, he will take all my money on phoney book, and will be dallying with CL with it. I can't stand that.

Serene,

waa lagu salaamay. I feel peace when I see you. :D:D

STOIC   

I know if he tries to write a book Ngonge’s book will definitely win a wide audience that its merit deserves. I really don’t care for the book, but I have one request. I’m always impressed by his grasp of his audience.I want him to write a blog about his trip to Somaliland. A blog that will capture intellect, imagination and conscience of regular readers.No bull, no bias.Pure ,honest and powerful analysis of how things work there.I expect an elegantly written, lucid and informative work from you! Something that will preserve the element of truth…..

NGONGE   

Val, you mean you like seeing me on here, Val? I never thought you cared. icon_razz.gif

I could just picture myself attempting to write a book you know. Of course, I will have to start smoking again (to get that authentic writer look) and I'll have to buy me a typewriter. On my first day of writing, I'll sit in my darkened spare room and put the first blank paper in the typewriter when my wife will walk in and ask me what am I doing!

Me: I am writing a book.

Wife: A book about what?

Me: I am not sure yet. I am waiting for some inspiration.

Wife: Write about Somalia.

Me: Yeah. I suppose that is the most obvious topic.

The phone rings and the wife picks it up.

Wife: Haa! No, nothing much. I am here with NGONGE. He's planning to write a book. No. He is not sure what to write about. Yes. I told him to write about Somalia too.

She moves the phone away from her face and says, "your mother says you should write about Somalia too".

The doorbell rings and she goes to open it. She returns two minutes later with my brother and her cousin. The two walk in laughing and finishing off a conversation that started in the car park (where they met on the way up).

Brother: So, you are writing a book?

Brother-in-law: I hope it is about Somalia.

Me: I am not sure yet. I just felt like writing a book but I think it was a silly idea to start with.

Brother-in-law: Do you need help with ideas?

Me: Lets see what you have. It maybe the inspiration I need.

Brother: You have to write about people, you know. It will be a story, right? Put too much emotion in it. People like that sort of thing.

Brother-in-law: Yeah. And humour. Put lots of humour in it.

Me: Are these the ideas you were offering?

Wife: Stop being a boring old fart and thank them for at least trying to help you.

Brother-in-law: How about writing a story about characters you know or heard of?

Me: Such as?

Brother: You know Abdi that works in the local café? He got married again, secretly.

Wife: NO! Short Abdi?

Brother: Oops.

Me (to wife): I trust that nothing you heard here is going to leave this room, right?

Wife: Are you saying I am a gossip?

Me: No. No. It was just a gentle reminder. You might have thought this was general knowledge and talked about it openly.

Wife: Did you not hear him say it was a secret marriage?

Me: Ok. Ok. Never mind.

She walks out of the room and leaves us to it.

Brother: Write about a Somali football team. You know, like those that go to play in Canadian tournaments.

Brother-in-law: Yes. That's a good topic. People like to read about football. Call the book 4-4-2!

Brother: Err, that's the name of a football magazine.

Brother-in-law: He can call it 4-5-1 then.

Brother: Somalis are undisciplined. They never stick to the proper formation. If he's being factual, he'll have to call it 0-0-10 or 3-2-5 (when defending).

Me: Talking of football, isn't the big game about to start in half an hour? Shall we go to the coffee shop and watch? This writing lark is a waste of time anyway.

Just as we walk out the house I hear my wife shouting after us.

Wife: Are you going out?

Me: Yes we are.

Wife: But I made tea.

Me: Never mind. You drink it.

Wife: What about your book?

Me: You write it.

We get to the coffee shop and take a seat in a prominent place. Abdi walks over to us and starts talking to the guys. He then turns to me and says:

"I hear you're writing a book. Make it about Somalia, man".

Paragon   

Brother: Write about a Somali football team. You know, like those that go to play in Canadian tournaments.

Lol. Typical of him, innit? Is he still dreaming of producing the ultimate team? smile.gif

NGONGE, adeer sheekadan 'excuse-ka' ah intaad ka baxdid, macawiista xaydo and start writing. Get to it son :D .

Cawaale   

Wife: What about your book?

Me: You write it..

There he goes again. words on screen huh..seriously you should consider writing a book bro.

you need to put those inner dialogues on paper and we could have something to read on he bus~~ :D

NGONGE   

TheWayfarer,

I was with him last Saturday in that Somali Coffee shop (shiisha place) and we met some of his old footballing chums (when I say old, I mean old). :D

They were having an argument about the youth of today and how most of them have no sense when it comes to playing football. They were talking about a game they lost the previous week and how it was the fault of the younger ones. :D

Brother was the baby of this group (I was not far behind). They were all in their late forties. :D

Paragon   

^Lol. I can almost imagine how the conversation goes. But one thing I give them credit for is that they have a way with words, especially when it comes to saying 'anigu markaan yaraa... buurahaan ka duuli jidhay'. They are all Hercules sxb :D . Waa rageedi.

Brother is more hilarious than you are I think :D .

N.O.R.F   

Brother-in-law: Yes. That's a good topic. People like to read about football. Call the book 4-4-2!

Brother: Err, that's the name of a football magazine.

Brother-in-law: He can call it 4-5-1 then.

:D

I will peddle some of your short stories to the local papers as a weekly ramblings column and take the credit for it. Xawaaladaan kuu soo dhigi your share :D

Oz   

Me (to wife): I trust that nothing you heard here is going to leave this room, right?

already did, and whose the gossiper now yaa NG? :D:D

nice read btw.