Sign in to follow this  
fartun

IN-LAWS

fartun   

lately people have been asking me what have i done to look more sexy, and most the people think that i been skiny dipping,specially my inlaws saying that i lost so much waight which isn't true i haven't lost a bit of waight, at all walahi. i don't know why, i was once told by my grand parents that people on this world will always have negative thing to say about you regadless what it is specailly inlaws, so i thought that was just a myth and i still think it is. any ways my inlaws think that am just too much into my self, and i have been working out too much and so on, and i do that because of my health reason being diabetic isnt' easy thing to deal with so you have to regulate exercise every day to decrease the level of your sugar,instead of having kids and so forth,i been married about year and dont' have kids you know how some people are na'mean. i mean i believe that allah knows when i will be having kids and i know that day will come inshallah is just i dont' understand that how people can be so pushy about something that they dont' have control what's ever, so at this point am trying to realize that what my grandparents told me is coming some how true but am just looking over the positive side and make it better and pleasing my inlaws coz they are just my parents i wouldn't want to happen nothing to my parents so do them. so my question is that are inlaws always been thought be inloved in every aspect of your life?

^ Not if you move to a different state. And hopefully ur not married to the 'baby' of the family, cause if u are, good luck sugar! :D

Azmaya   

Girl, I feel you. They drive me nuts. I am not married, but I am in committed relationship with a wonderful guy and am close with his family. I don't plan on getting married anytime soon due to my studies, and he respects that and will wait. But, and big But his parents ahhh. He told me how they trying to convince him, to convince me marriage now, or else.... i luv them, they family but damn they all up in our business. And yes they will be up in your business, thats just a fact.

Walal I think in the end it all comes down to you and your boo and how you deal with it. Not just inlaws, but ppl especially our folk will try to run your life, when u getting married, damn u been married for a yr wheres the baby, is she fertile yadya yadya. Happens all the time, but liv your life, but by all means respect though. Salamz n best wishes to you.

STOIC   

Heh,Scarlet.The babies of the families do grow out of the nest.For heaven's sake "we" are not weak and helpless souls.I am scared of little girls reading your words and acting on it, and then my chances of hitting on them goes down the drain once I mention that I am tailgating the Family :D .To the poster, Sorry for the effusive defense of my little club.It wasn't my intention to troll....... :cool:

Sorry, Stoic. Once the baby, always the baby. The others have an advantage, they're older & leave the nest earlier but u and ur likes will always be under momma's wing. The baby is the hardest to let go off.

Let me tell u a secret *its not that bad* :D

Khayr   

Originally posted by Azmaya:

[QB] Girl, I feel you. They drive me nuts. I am not married, but I am in committed relationship with a wonderful guy and am close with his family. I don't plan on getting married anytime soon due to my studies, and he respects that and will wait. But, and big But his parents ahhh. He told me how they trying to convince him, to convince me marriage now, or else.... i luv them, they family but damn they all up in our business. And yes they will be up in your business, thats just a fact.

Pls don't come on here and critique Br. Nur when you on here proclaiming proudly that you are in a 'non-martial' relationship. Just a word of caution!

^ Khayr, who appointed you the muttawa on these boards?

Yaab badana ninku!

An interesting excerpt from 'somewhere ;) ' on who the muttawa are for those who dont know. :D

The muttawa—or religious police—are a self-elected goon squad of fundamentalists who surveil the Magic Kingdom's inhabitants, particularly its expatriates. The purpose of their scrutiny is to ensure conformity to their own warped, narrow-minded interpretation of Islam. Their scrutiny is often asinine and always absurd, as the following mundane example illustrates.

A woman and her female friend were sitting on a bench in the Kingdom Mall, eating ice cream cones, when along came a muttawa, accompanied by a police officer. (You can always spot a muttawa by his beard, his thobe—the white gown worn by local men—that is always four or five inches too short, and a mien of profound hatred of all things different.) The muttawa approached the women, pointed a menacing claw, and hissed, "Don't lick it that way!"

Not being an authority on the subject, I can't with any confidence say there isn't a sura buried somewhere in the Qur'an covering the moral etiquette of licking ice cream. I suspect, though, the muttawa had wandered a bit beyond his moral jurisdiction.

"We just looked at each other," the woman told me. "I mean, how else are you supposed to eat an ice cream cone? You have to use your tongue, right? We just sat there and watched our ice cream melt until he wandered off. ****** muttawa."

When the muttawa are not busy harassing women, ensuring unmarried men and women don't mingle, or using camel crops to whip sluggish pedestrians into mosques during prayer time, they are up to more sinister activities.

Originally posted by Khayr:

Pls don't come on here and critique Br. Nur when you on here proclaiming proudly that you are in a 'non-martial' relationship. Just a word of caution!

Someone is getting too big for their dacas! What are you implying, exactly? The girl didn't write anything more than that she is promised and committed to the man she intends to marry when she finishes studying. Or were u reading something else?

Get off her back, man.

Johnny B   

Khayr, What is it that she said that touched the nerve? what is the threat she poses on your Nur?

critique him ?. that is our sport!, and beleive you me , nobody enjoys it more than himself. :D

now answer me without talking about relativism, agnosticism , humanism and all those isms that turned you into an insecure MUllah.

Jacpher   

Get off his back, women. Washamsi maa la qaadooyaa idinka :D

Khayr, committed relationship could mean many things but I don’t know what you’re trying to imply.

Fartun, ha u bixin nooh. Selective hearing is a good tool for those whom you don’t want to offend too much. There’s a thin line between you and your in-laws so learn the art of walking the line without stepping over. No matter what people will always talk on your back & blame for what you don’t control. That’s the nature of our people and they do it more often to the newly weds. Give first priority to your health & family.

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

Washamsi maa la qaadooyaa
idinka
:D

Ducaqabe, this is one of the countless times, I dont understand your supposed somali at all. I've absolutely no clue what the above sentence means... af soomaali la garanayo maxaa kuu diidey? icon_razz.gif

Jacpher   

Walaal, I’m sorry my Somali isn’t offensive or abusive. I have a habit of using a regional slangs as I enjoy listening to Odey Cabdulle, & ow-koombe. It is starting to affect me as you can tell.

I’m not good at explaining but I’ll try. Erayga Washamsi waxaa yaqaan dhalinyarada ama ciyaalka dugi quraan ku soo dhigtay wadankeenii. Ma aqaan cida aliftay laakiinse waa ciqaab ay macalimiinta dugsiyada quraanka isticmaali jireen. Cunugii dugsiga imaan waaya amaba subaca quraanka baran waaya ayaa Washamsi lagu ciqaabaa. As you know Wa Shamsi waa suurad quraan marka intii circle la suubiyo cunuga la ciqaabayona dhexda la galiyo ayaa qof walba loo dhiibaa ul yar oo fudud si uu ugu garaaco cunuga dhexda fadhiya hal mar asagoo aayad ka mid ah suurada washamsi qaadanaaya. You’re basically participating subac quran while beating your dugsi mate. Waa ciqaab iyo ceeb isku dhex jira. Ciyaalka ayaa lagugu ceebenayaa inaad dib u socod tahay oo quraanka baran weyday and at the same time getting beat up by a light stick. Marka suurada Wa Shamsi ma dheera laakiin ciyaalka at times repeat the same verse to keep the beating going. Cunugii hal mar lagu qaado Wa Shamsi, he'll make sure he doesn't get humiliated ever again so it was a rare event but very exciting for kids.

So my question was Kheyr miyaan circle galineynaa oon ku goobaneynaa?

I hope that makes sense.

Khayr   

Salams,

I see the Usual Suspects have popped up, all Young, semi-gifted and Restless. smile.gif

I just want to say that its an Honor to defend another muslim especially a learned muslim, Alhamdulillah.

Jimcalee,

JZK walaal