Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Curvy women may be a clever bet

Women with curvy figures are likely to be brighter than waif-like counterparts and may well produce more intelligent offspring, a US study suggests.

Researchers studied 16,000 women and girls and found the more voluptuous performed better on cognitive tests - as did their children.

The bigger the difference between a woman's waist and hips the better.

Researchers writing in Evolution and Human Behaviour speculated this was to do with fatty acids found on the hips.

In this area, the fat is likely to be the much touted Omega-3, which could improve the woman's own mental abilities as well as those of her child during pregnancy.

Men respond to the double enticement of both an intelligent partner and an intelligent child, the researchers at the Universities of Pittsburgh and California said.

The findings appear to be borne out in the educational attainments of at least one of the UK's most famous curvaceous women, Nigella Lawson, who graduated from Oxford.

But experts are not convinced by the findings.

"On the fatty deposits being related to intelligence front, it's very hard to detangle that from other factors, such as social class, for instance, or diet," said Martin Tovee of Newcastle University.

"And much as we logically like the idea that men are interested in the waist to hip ratio, it actually features relatively low down the list of feature males look for in a potential partner."

BOB   

JB ma haad rabtaa inaad noogu sheekeyso all these heavy weight bilcaamo are smarter than feero xun?

in my opinion both lack caqli...tan buurani raashinka iska kala yareey caqli ay ku garato ayay weyday...

tan feeraha xunee aad moodo in dhexda xarig looga xiray oo xarig jiid lagu ciyaarayana gaajo ayaa ku heysa ee wax cun caqligii ay ku garan laheyd baa ka maqan...marka kulligoodba waa dameer iyo dhashiis.

PS. If a girl weighs less than 65 Kg...she's not attractive in my eyes.

Peace, Love & Unity.

nuune   

PS. If a girl weighs less than 65 Kg...she's not attractive in my eyes.

:D eagerly awaits the response of SOL girls :D

BOB, wada halaq mareen ayaad ku dhacdey

-Lily-   

I am tempted to laugh but I saw this in a press release sent to our office not long ago.

Curvy doe snot mean FAT. Beyonce is Curvey, FAT is FAT.

MZanzi   

The physique that is quite popular with many men is to have a figure like Queen- latifah the full curvy woman. icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

BOB Adiga reer kismayo atahay wax isla shuxaayo unbaad raadisaa

What a load of tosh! and to think crap like this gets funded when there are kids dying of starvation and preventable diseases.

p.s. I weigh less than 65kg!

BOB   

Nuune...Gabdhaha SOL way iga xishoodaan aniga...I can get away with lot of things unlike you...(Sssshhhhh Don't say that out loud.)

Fu-fu...Skeleton looking girls are missing out...plus gabdhaha normalka sizeka ak are far healthier and even in hygeine wise kuwa skeletonka ah waa ahem ahem.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Cara.   

Then I aim to be a genius :D

Serenity, then you're are not attractive to BOB :eek: How do you live with yourself?