Sign in to follow this  
Resistance

SMILE : YOU ARE A SOMALI

Originally posted by Khalaf:

Castro...when I say pride its being happy with who u are...your people...your religion...not kibr...superioty.

Best of you are those who are most God-Fearing and have Taqwa...thats my believe...but I am proud of nationality...more importantly my deen...aint nothing wrong w/ dat.

War who cares about your defination of pride?,Pride is Haram.Even the LST dictionary[ :D ] describes pride as T H I S . One of the attributes of pride include talents among many others such as beauty, wealth, rank etc etc...You make your deductions of where today's somalis stand.

But anyway this topic askes what makes me a proud somali: I would have to say the ability to bond,connect and LOVE a fellow somali instantly.

The Smile that comes to my face when i hesitatingly say those dreaded words that you know you shouldnt be saying but none the less say it to a complete stranger,those famous three or was it four? lines that would make any other person get annoyed,but only a somali would respond "proudly to": Ma Somaali Ba Tahay? and you are hoping and praying he/she becomes one even when you are 99% sure he.she is a somali;and heres the funny thing,even the sujiuest of the sujuis,caseeriest of the caseeris, the qaldaniest{oops i mean somalilandiest] of the somalileens would proudly say: "Haa...Adigana"?? :D

That,my freinds is what makes me proud to be a somali....

Nephissa   

^ "Maya Maahi" is what I always say. Istupidh q. deserves a st.upid ans. Why speak to people in af Somali if you'r not sure what they're. Duh!

Or the islaamo in the grocery store: You Soomaaali? Haa eedo. You no look Soomaali!

Umm Ok :confused:

Originally posted by Bishitta:

^ "Maya Maahi" is what I always say. Istupidh q. deserves a st.upid ans. Why speak to people in af Somali if you'r not sure what they're. Duh!

Or the islaamo in the grocery store: You Soomaaali? Haa eedo. You no look Soomaali!

Umm Ok :confused:

Waa Hubsasho un dee. Waxaa igi sii yaabiyo is that even when you know its stupidh Q,you cant but help and respond: "Haa,adigana ma somaali baa tahay?" loool.

Waa iska caadi, Imisaa qof aad ku aragtay TVga and be like; "Alla she looks like soomaliyad" ,Anyone with tin jileecsan with a san qaroor is potentionally a somali unless that person responds to the famous q with a confused "HUH" icon_razz.gif ...

Marka make sure you say "Haa" unless hortaada XAN eber lagaa dhigin and you hear shidh like, "waa Xabasho,maya waa carab baan umaleya,koleey waa sudaani" :D

LOL@Bishita,Jecliyaaa magaca :D

CHE   

Xiigdheer baa igu dhacay and they gave me hennessy,or some sort of liquor.We experiment with every damn thing,even if it means intoxicating an infant.Somalis take risk, they got heart and nuts to go with it.

Zafir   

I love the fact that you bend backwards for another Somali you met today.

I love the fact that keep nothing personal, a person you met for few minutes in a line at a less than 8 items cashier check, tells you where he lives, his kids names, how much he pays for insurance and how much his family income is and etc.

I love the fact there are jokes of every qabiil.

I love the fact that we have “huge ones†as a bebol.

I love every thing there is to love about Somali.

Indeed I smile because I am Somali.

Salaan...

• Martiqaad.
  • Sending xawilaad. [Helping a fifth-cousin calling from God-knows where.]
  • Going to maqaayadda, where only one person insists to pay the whole lunch/dinner's set of price. Some even fight, anigaa-bixinaayo iyo maya-aniga-ayaa-bixinaayo.
  • Unbounded walaaltinimo where a person uninhibitedly and unconsciously utters aboowe/abaayo or eedo/adeer to a respective Soomaali person s/he meets.
  • Trusting one another unconditionally, even strangers.
  • Taking a vacation to another city/country, looking forward to stay with cousin you hadn't met in ten years or never met, thus without worrying any single cent going toward to hotels, transportions, etc.
  • Trying to help one another where in distress, regardless if they know one another.
  • Tacsi. Countless people giving you a visit, consoling in the hour of most needed.
  • Going to uninvited aroos, expecting to be treated equally.
  • Kaftanka. Bootada. Fara ka ciyaarka. Madadaaladda. Shactiradda.
  • When they gather, how sheekada always naturally flows, how it always changes, from the latest policy from the prime minister of New Zealand to the best player in German football league, always sharing their two kumi and taano, even if they are ten strangers, new to one another.
  • Feeling a little proud whenever you see any Soomaali wearing dirac, goosgundi, and other hido iyo dhaqanka
Intaas ha inoogu joogto.

Modesty   

I'm proud to be Somali because I'm muslim, and of course that's where I got my good looks from.

Afro, f.y.i, Somalia is not the lowest nation in Africa, there are many people who have more money than your welfare hogging azz, and better lives to top that.I feel sorry for you because Somalia doesn't want you and the galos obviously don't want you, so where will you end up?

Afro   

Waw I like the way you entertain your selves, typical somalis, what a joke. as one of you said I am proud of the SAB we eat, is he really serious.

you guys don't even exist on the world map, there is a country called somalia, but there is no estate called somalia, I'll tell you what the real somalis are.

*Raciests who look down on other minorities.

*anarchists, who can't rule themselves, and don't want to be ruled by others.

*ignorant nation, even the educated one talks like the geel jire, isma dhaanto iyo dhasheed.

*corrupted to the core.

*Don't know anything about Islam, islam tells you to respect others, somalis don't.

This is just the tip of the ice berg, I could go on and on and on. so please accept somalis are the lowest nation on earth, don't pretend we are the best cos you know it I know it and the whole world knows it.

Well Modesty you don't need me to reply your filthy venom, coz i don't want to go as low as your brainless head has gone.

Hayat   

afro, if this is your way of receving attention, then it will be most certainly un-somali to not let you enjoy it for awhile. your comments are uncalled for, when will you get the picture, "take your vile elsewhere", but hey like i said nothing bets generosity(somali-style) and let you make a folly of yourself. :D , dee-sheekada-noowaad, maxaa leeheed. ;)

Modesty   

Afro, I apoligize if I had offended you, and of course if that is your opinion it's on you, but I definately disagree with you. Somehow, I feel like you are probably being discriminated somewhere and in return you want to blame it on being Somali. I have been to Somalia, and I have to tell you that Somalis are the most generous, welcoming, and hospitable people I have ever met. People are living their lives in Somalia, they laugh, they love, and they learn like everyone else in the world, and it is unfortunate that there isn't a strong government to help put money into the rebuilding of the country, but people have taken the initiative to soar above the ashes, and I definately applaud that, and I don't call that savagery, I call that courage.

RedSea   

assalamu Calaykum.

What makes me smile of being a Somali? let see--, being a Muslim, then compromising the largest state blocks in Africa. I can go to Jabuti, Somali Galbeed, Somaliland, Puntland, Southern Somalia, NFD, and feel as though it's my own home and it's. Being simple, honest, laid back, intelligent, warriors, unshakable character, and even more are what makes me smile to be a Somali. But the most important one is being a Muslim.

Assalamu Calaykum.

nemo   

Originally posted by Afro:

*Raciests who look down on other minorities.

I got to say that this one is true and if other people think that it isn't then you all living in LALA LAND. Other than that what makes me smile being Somalian is we are 99% Muslims alxamdhuallah. Wonder what happened to the 1%? :confused: