Sign in to follow this  
Reality Check

What Happened to SOL?!?!?!

Originally posted by Femme:

WHAT HAPPENED TO S.O.L IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU REALITY CHECK! PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO SHOW UP ONCE IN A WHILE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE LACK OF FUN TOPICS WHILE NEVER SEEMING TO CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING WORTHWHILE.

:@ YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF. HOW DARE YOU COME HERE IN MY TURF AND INSULT ME LIKE THIS? ASK NOT WHAT S.O.L CAN DO FOR YOU BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR S.O.L. YOU LITTLE APE.

That goes for the rest of you too. Y'all make me sick - I'd been having more fun if I hung out at the morgue.

Amen.U just made my day.I wish i was like u though,i shouldn't take Shit from no one innit? :D

lol. We go through this every year this time. Same questions. smile.gif

Reality Check (DA), IMO, the only debates that are missing are.

1. Religious vs non-religious (Attacks against Islam, etc)

2. Group A vs Group B (groupie based discussions is much hated by the average nomad here. It divides nomads here, forces people to quit the forum and damages quality when things get personal.)

Everything else is pretty much the same. There are more active topics and more traffic than ever before.

As for the nomads' love with politics these days, this is what I said to professor NGONGE on this issue.

"NGONGE, the ICU is the best story that came out of Somalia in sixteen years. ICU is hot. People love hot topics. Have you noticed people who never paid attention to politics are making comments there now.

To simply put it, ICU = Islam + Politics + Camel Milk Debate. It is one of the few hot stories that can create multiple interests.

But expect this craze to die down as the tradition goes here. There is something hot every couple of months. For now, many nomads are interested in the ICU story and the best forum to go for that story is the Politics forum."

I've always emphasized that if you love exciting topics, create them. If you see an interesting topic on another website, post it here and spicy it up. Don't expect to come here and find tons of "good topics" if you are not doing your part. Remember, this is a community which thrives on "excitement" and active topics posted by others. It is so easy to come here and enjoy reading the many exciting topics SOL has to offer, but if you don't find something you like here, the best way to remedy the situation is to visit other websites such as google, technorati, youtube or whatever, and find good topics to post for others. The process becomes contagious. Don't be a leech. :D

On the other hand, if you are the type of a nomad who enjoys hot, long debates, either pick a topic and start your own, or select one of the active topics and turn it into a hot debate. It is actually not that hard to pick a controversial topic, say some outrageous things and boom ... you have nomads lining up to crucify you. :D

As for the missing nomads, they usually come back after their schedule improves. I know Castro, CaanoGeel, Baashi, Serenity and Sheherazade have slowed down due to work schedule/lack of "open" internet access at work or Ramadan affect. The situation usually corrects itself and Insha Allah you will see them more often. It has happened to all of us. Marba qof baa la yara waayaa oo waqtigu ciriiri ku noqdaa.

I need to find Pierre/Farah and Tychwania. Any word on their marriage? smile.gif

There are couple of nomads missing after Ramadan as well. What happened to our sister Rahima?

Salaama

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

lol. We go through this every year this time. Same questions.
smile.gif

Reality Check (DA), IMO, the only debates that are missing are.

1. Religious vs non-religious (Attacks against Islam, etc)

2. Group A vs Group B (groupie based discussions is much hated by the average nomad here. It divides nomads here, forces people to quit the forum and damages quality when things get personal.)

Everything else is pretty much the same. There are more active topics and more traffic than ever before.

As for the nomads' love with politics these days, this is what I said to professor NGONGE on this issue.

"NGONGE, the ICU is the best story that came out of Somalia in sixteen years. ICU is hot. People love hot topics. Have you noticed people who never paid attention to politics are making comments there now.

To simply put it, ICU = Islam + Politics + Camel Milk Debate. It is one of the few hot stories that can create multiple interests.

But expect this craze to die down as the tradition goes here. There is something hot every couple of months. For now, many nomads are interested in the ICU story and the best forum to go for that story is the Politics forum."

I've always emphasized that if you love exciting topics, create them. If you see an interesting topic on another website, post it here and spicy it up. Don't expect to come here and find tons of "good topics" if you are not doing your part. Remember, this is a community which thrives on "excitement" and active topics posted by others. It is so easy to come here and enjoy reading the many exciting topics SOL has to offer, but if you don't find something you like here, the best way to remedy the situation is to visit other websites such as google, technorati, youtube or whatever, and find good topics to post for others. The process becomes contagious. Don't be a leech.
:D

On the other hand, if you are the type of a nomad who enjoys hot, long debates, either pick a topic and start your own, or select one of the active topics and turn it into a hot debate. It is actually not that hard to pick a controversial topic, say some outrageous things and boom ... you have nomads lining up to crucify you.
:D

As for the missing nomads, they usually come back after their schedule improves. I know Castro, CaanoGeel, Baashi, Serenity and Sheherazade have slowed down due to work schedule/lack of "open" internet access at work or Ramadan affect. The situation usually corrects itself and Insha Allah you will see them more often. It has happened to all of us. Marba qof baa la yara waayaa oo waqtigu ciriiri ku noqdaa.

I need to find Pierre/Farah and Tychwania. Any word on their marriage?
smile.gif

There are couple of nomads missing after Ramadan as well. What happened to our sister Rahima?

Salaama

Now that you mention it LST, why is there censorship on qabiil names, but ICU and the current Somali climates can be freely (in a very disorganized fashion) discussed. Qabiil is a big part of the issue, and it's rather sad we have to find creative ways to step around that censorship.

As with the Islamic forum, I do understand the need to remove topics that are "unislamic" but I do hope that doesn't include unpopular views as well. I see nothing wrong with non-religious people posting here, as long as they are not throwing around insults.

I do realize that the topic I started is nothing new. I'm not just complaining, I'm also posting and contributing to discussions. Alot can be said for organization though.

Khayr   

Talk about lost in translation.

L.G. in this case stands for a particular SOL nomad.

Anyways,

so Bushra/Tjwuania and McFarah are collabarating on a duet? Is that right....

Libaax,

By anychance can we put a 'LOCK' on people's names. I can't keep up with the multiple name changes by some nomads. It is a little frustrating.

Libaax’s very revelation is good enough a reason for Bishaaro and Mr. Piyeekh to comeback and either dispel the rumor or confirm it.

If indeed LSK’s disclosure is not a banter of sort, then his is quite a stealthy detective work :D .

NGONGE   

Waxa la yedhi, she was last seen leading a brigade of women fighters round the outskirts of Puntland.