Sign in to follow this  
TopGirl

being healthy

TopGirl   

what does it takes to be healthy? say if i want to lose weight, say about few kgs? nothing big deal, just tone up. what is the best advice you can give me?

Indhoos   

There are ton of advice out there of what to eat and what not to eat, what to do and what not to do.

It all comes down to discipline, control, and dedication.

What do you think some of the culprits are?

What are some of your guilty pleasures as far as food goes?

Somethings that work for me include...

I sit on an stability ball at my desk to work and at home to watch tv, use the computer, etc.

I try to satifsy my sweet tooth with dates instead of candy and I try to crunch on raw vegies like carrots and celery instead of potato chips.

Good luck on your endeavor.

stop eating large meals after 8pm

stop eating junk food

stop eating out<<<cook your own food, it test better and much healthier.

and try to get your at least 8hr sleep

good luck, mzy

Originally posted by TopGirl:

what does it takes to be healthy? say if i want to lose weight, say about few kgs? nothing big deal, just tone up. what is the best advice you can give me?

Stop eating too much?

Fabregas   

you should do curls with the baris digsi; bench ups on your kitchen door; and finally, while you cleaning your kitchen you shall do it in three jumpers and ran around.

Seriously, eat healthy and excercise, but don't do it like an obessisive maniac.

Urban   

To put it simply, calories going into your body need to be less than the calories spent.

It's generally accepted that 1 pound of fat is equal to 3500 calories roughly. So if you want to lose a pound of fat a week, then you need a calorie deficit of 500 calories a day.

I'll give you a very basic idea:

1- Find what your Basal Metabolic Rate is here.

Let's say it's 1800 calories.

2- You have 2 options, live on 1300 cals a day which is nicht good and is hard. Or eat around 1600 cals and add exercise to your regime.

3- Divide those calories into 5 or 6 healthy meals through out the day.

4- Drink a lot of water

It's not easy so all the best. Don't jump into the deep end straight away, because you wont end up sticking with it. Ease into it, start eating healthy and slowly reduce the amount, then make time for exercise..

Research!

Blessed   

^Good stuff. smile.gif

Best diet advice, ever:

“The son of Adam does not fill any vessel worse than his stomach. It is sufficient for the son of Adam to eat a few mouthfuls, to keep him going. If he must do that (fill his stomach), then let him fill one third with food, one third with drink and one third with air.”

And exercis, keep very active..just make your body work, then let it rest. Increase your protein intake.

NGONGE   

If you're Somali. Forget all the heavy advice and just cut down on the sugar in your tea. You'll soon go back to being as skinny as a camel.

Blessed   

^Haha.

Speaking of sugar, I found a shop selling authentic Omani xalwah the other day and thought of you. Not sure, if I should tell you where it is though.

Heads or tails?

Blessed   

It's neither. They make them just like they do in Muscat. I'll mull over it till you get here. I don't want to get into trouble. :D

NGONGE   

Heh. Clever use of the word 'mull' there. :D

Omani xalwa is the only sweet thing I ever eat. I never liked chocolate, cakes or other sweets (and certainly not Somali xalwo). But the Omani one has a nice kick when you have it with tea or Arab coffee.

You mull over it as long as you like. I am sure you'll tell me eventually.