Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Hello student Life:

Blessed   

Ghanima,

It's getting interesting now, eh? ;)

Try worldbank.org, they usually publish reports on Somalia. I'm assuming the LSE would also be a good place to go to as well..mise, are you already at LSE? After all that talking, I don't even know where you're taking the course. LOL.

All the best.

Ibtisam   

^^^Thanks smile.gif

Thierry I believe you are my new found best friend smile.gif Will do inshallah. Thanks. congrats by the way, you must be over the moon. :D

North:

You better deliver my dear, Dahabshill is not a problem ;)

JAc:

You better hurry, I read the WSP international and the Academy of peace and Development based in Hargisa have done research into this? Do they have anything published other than the short article (2pages) in Voices from Africa?

Skipper   

Ghanima wellcome back to the student life. Its certainly not an easy life to live when you are expected to beat dead lines, prepare for exams, do some studies and on top of that you try to keep your social life a blaze. Its a tough world out there. Like Thierry said earlier i wouldn´t recommend you to do a project on our beloved Somalia. If there era we are living in was 1970-1980s and then you decide to write about Somalia, i am sure there could have been alot of intresting things to write about economically speaking. Somalia was booming at that time in every way. Jump ahead 30 years from that time and Somalia is nothing but a shamble. Somalia bussiness men print their own money and the inflation is mountain high. Politically you can write a thousand page about somalia but not about economically. If i were you i would choose Gabon as the coutry i would do my research on. Why? Because its one of the wealthiest coutries in Africa with alot of minerals. Somalia will never get to the same level of Gabon in a zillion years. You can get some information about any coutry in cia.gov. peace

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Thierry:

Saxiib thanks a lot, you have to give us reviews of the place you are residing I am applying for jobs in the Gulf. I am sick and tired of paying so much tax and seeing no improvement in public services

Well its alot better than UK thats for sure but you do miss the smaller things like proper brown bread and good manners (i'm talking like a brit now).

When applying for jobs try not to give out your CV to every agency. Its better you use 1 or 2 agencies. PM me your job title(s) and I might be able to point you in the right direction.

ps this place is expensive these days so take note.

In the meantime I’m thinking I might do Kenya if I cannot find enough starting ground work on back home

There is an entire province in kenya that has 100% Somalis. You should try that. If you need any sort of data(economic,social or historic), let me know.

Paragon   

Ghanima, don't waste your valuable time researching Horn and East Africa. Try South Africa. When I was writing my dessertation, I wasted enough time look for resources for Somalia (and East Africa) till I settled with S. Africa. At least South Africa has a great deal of literature you can feast on.

Even Kenya, which comes across as being a well-researched country, can at times disappoint you. If you decide to do your project on Kenya then I advice to make use of LSE's (London School of Economics and Political Science) library. I am SOAS would grant you the necessary documentation to access the library. The LSE library has extensive resources of all NGOs working in Africa.

Ibtisam   

Skipper. hhhm Gabon you say, never looked into it, inshallah I will do.

Faaraxo: That would be great, could you?

Paragon but if we all avoide it, the information will not magical appear. But I know what you are saying. South Africa. hmmm. So I might join Yaabka Yaabkiis smile.gif

Red sea: show me the sources and I will. smile.gif

Ibtisam   

Full time, 5days a week, they have spread all my lectures and seminars around :rolleyes:

Why? are you still considering doing it for me? :D

Som@li   

Originally posted by Northerner:

quote:Originally posted by Thierry:

Saxiib thanks a lot, you have to give us reviews of the place you are residing I am applying for jobs in the Gulf. I am sick and tired of paying so much tax and seeing no improvement in public services

Well its alot better than UK thats for sure but you do miss the smaller things like proper brown bread and good manners (i'm talking like a brit now).

When applying for jobs try not to give out your CV to every agency. Its better you use 1 or 2 agencies. PM me your job title(s) and I might be able to point you in the right direction.

UAE is a great place, though it is getting expensive as Dirham has declined with US Dollar.

The dammest agency forwarded my CV to the company I work for,and my Boss, redface.gif , and I have to explain myself, "like was checking the market! smile.gif so becarefull and dont flood your Cv.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Dabshid:

quote:Originally posted by Northerner:

quote:

Originally posted by Thierry:

UAE is a great place, though it is getting expensive as Dirham has declined with US Dollar.

The dammest agency forwarded my CV to the company I work for,and my Boss,
redface.gif
, and I have to explain myself, "like was checking the market!
smile.gif
so becarefull and dont flood your Cv.
Waar maaha maaha, busted! :D

Ghanima, just a note, an MBA is not like a BA/Bsc. You cant miss lectures and get the notes from friends.

Ibtisam   

Loool @Dabshid, busted indeed! HAHA

North, now why would you suggest I'd miss lectures. I'm a good student. I always go to my lectures, especially when you are paying and arm and an leg for it, I make sure I bug them in their office hrs too! :D