Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Hello student Life:

Ibtisam   

Hello hello. smile.gif

So now I’m student AGAIN, I have to pick a country for the next year. I can pick any country I want, but I have to do all my research and main project on that country.

But I have a big big problem, you see there is no current updated literature or data for Somalia/ Somaliland/ Puntland. I’ve search all the e-journals, books etc. nothing, all I found hidden in the history section was history of Somali, the latest thing published that I can find on the area is from 2000.

So maybe I’m searching in all the wrong places or not using the right key phrases or something. So can someone please give me a hand. I need at least four main recent books and about 10 Journal articles on any region in Somalia. Oh and the lastly, it should be on economic development. smile.gif I told you it was hard

P.s. No Googling articles please.

In the meantime I’m thinking I might do Kenya if I cannot find enough starting ground work on back home.

Let me tell you guys about my first lecture. :D Oh okay I’ll go and do in the student section.

P.s.s. It is learning from scratch again, I have forgotten everything I think in one year.

Ibtisam   

I'm here already, trying to make head or tails out of their search system :D lol. Nothing specific and recent in economic development. Probably because there has not been much. I'll keep look.

Ibtisam   

^^^I asked for sources yaa north, not answers. What will I quote from the above posts in my project? :D

So unhelpful somepeople here :rolleyes:

N.O.R.F   

There is an abundance of NGOs in East Africa. You can do a critique on their objectives (are they right?), success levels (how is succes measured in Africa), case studies of successful projects etc.

I can write the whole thing if you want. Dahabshiil soo dhig labaatan kun oo Dirham!

Thierry.   

There are two books in the SOAS collection that discuss Somalia Economic condition. If this is a research thesis you are doing especially a quantitative one I would avoid Somalia. Simply because there is not enough information out there to write about.

However if you are adamant that your research should be based on Somalia, you can get some data from the world development indicators at UNCTAD.

If you want some more advice just pm me I just recently completed my thesis on Africa and economic development and have a lot of information on Sub-Saharan Africa.

Other sources:

- World investment review

- African Governance Indicators

Thierry.   

Saxiib thanks a lot, you have to give us reviews of the place you are residing I am applying for jobs in the Gulf. I am sick and tired of paying so much tax and seeing no improvement in public services