Deeq A.

Abiy humiliates Farmaajo in Addis Ababa

13 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

I don't see anything wrong, This was not a state visit.

And most of those compiled pics could be fake, from state visits.

That is possible, but the one with Ghelleh looks new, even the security folks are new at least one of them the one behind Abiy is new.

Regardless there is an attitude now that Americans are running the show. Everybody else is quiet. The Chinese looks like have gone into hiding. Turkey also the same.

I agree that international meetings are not protocol with Ethiopia, but what they do is one to one meeting on side. Abiy will be doing a deservice to Ethiopia not to Somalia if he follows the Bedew with money to a tee. The Somali people and Oromo or Xaeshi will always be neighbours for good orr bad. Your neighbor is most important.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, galbeedi said:

I said in my early statement about the visit that  Abiy was just delivering some talking points from UAE .He was also projecting a false image to his audience back home as someone who delivered Somalia without offering nothing.

Thanks.

People can't see that Abiy needed that visit for himself and for those behind him, more than for Ethiopia or Somalia.

As for me I had given up already when Abiy did not make Somalia in first tier countries to visit. That was very telling.

Maybe President Farmaajo should not have gone to IGAD meeting.

The whole thing was South Sudan

Only Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia and Sudan have direct economic and security interest. Even Djibouti has interest. Pipeline was to be bilt to Djibouti one time. Somalia has least interest.

Holac   

I agree with Maakhiri and Dahareto that President Farmajo needs to focus on more important matters. We have too many problems at home to be tackling. It is not worth to go on pilgrimage to Ethiopia every six months. 

5 hours ago, Holac said:

I agree with Maakhiri and Dahareto that President Farmajo needs to focus on more important matters. We have too many problems at home to be tackling. It is not worth to go on pilgrimage to Ethiopia every six months. 

The worst part is you spend money that could have built a good school or clinic everytime and since you don't control your home, everybody knows and no body respects you.

Either you are dictator like Isayas, or democrat like Kenyan or mixed bag like Al Bashir or "dictator" like Iley if everybody knows you are leader of your home, people will respect you.

I wish Farmaajo was like A. Yusuf where he can have coffee with nomads under tree shed and and sit in a palace Jowhar or Baidoa. With all his power Meles used to do that from time to time, goes to some district sits among the farmers and let them tell him even their daily lives..those are militia for life. Iley has mastered this even working on micro dams, needling goats with some American special forces volunteers.

Mugadishu is government killer.

• Like 1

Mooge   

Mogadishu is full of fiqis and the like dowladiids. they don't want Hassan sheikh. they don't want shariif. they don't want farmajo. the Mogadishu big merchant economic warlords want the chaos and profiteering to continue. it serves no purpose for them to have a functioning government. the poor civilians in Mogadishu are spectators and don't have any power. the big bakaara market merchant warlords control everything. 

here is a story. few months ago when Yusuf garad was sacked (he was foreign minister from Galmudug clan) many people were mystified as to why the third most important ministerial portfolio (prestige wise) was taken away from galmudug clans who were opposing the government and given to puntlanders. everyone was shocked. that position normally belongs to Somaliland clans because it is equivalent to PM or President when it comes to importance and 4.5 power distribution.

it turns out niyoow that the ministry of interior is very important for Galmudug clan. what the galmudug clan's big merchant wigs wanted was to secure this interior ministry position.  lool. do you know why?  fake documents, licenses, permits, ... everything needed to move money, fraud, detentions, comes under that department.  the bakaara market boys were happy in the end and the poor foreign ministry position was given to Puntlanders. that is what we dealing with niyoow.

Mogadishu is indeed government killer.

• Like 2