Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

08-08-08 Beijing Olympics

Ashkiro   

Somali team was shown mearly 3 seconds if not less, how sad. I wonder on what basis were the two athletes selected (a committee?) and if they have ever competed before? After seeing the pictures, they (the young girl and flag bearer if he is a runner at all) looked very out of shape and out of sync. I wish them all the best partking in the highest athletic competition in the world, and it was a wonderful sight to see the blue flag and show was over-the-top. Iran looked good manshallah.

@Rudy, would you make similar noise if the games had been held in DC or London? It's quite hyporcritical of those who criticize China, yet overlook the biggest criminals. These "Big" States are out for their interest, African leaders are just their tools sadly. It would have been a sight, if the Chinese officals allowed the ZIM leader to attend the show.

Blessed   

There are only 2 athletes. The young girl, Samiya and the guy, Abdel Nasir.

The flag bearer is the head of the Olympics Committee and the rest are either his colleagues or there for moral support..

Does anyone know when their games are on???

I don't watch much TV but wanna see them and Shaikha Maitha for the UAE...

Cabdow   

I like how they representing 'Hiddo iyo Dhaqanka' Makes one proud!

I wish them luck (Samiya & Abdinasir)

Great pics Dabshid, thanks.

Waa useless. How are they suppose to compete when they can't even get the color of the flag right? They are an embarrassment to the nation.

Has anyone noticed that both flags are out of wack, too much blue on one and a little too much sky blue on the uniform.

This is a real somali flag SMLA0001.GIF

^lol, hhhhhhhhhhhi kk... Dadkaas waa color blind ee iga daa warkooda.

PS:How about em canadians?300+ strong athletes and probably 1 to 2 gold medals among em, hahaha. They were bigger than the french team and great britian and they will be doomed as well.

Urban   

It's the closing ceremony now and London is performing, anyone watching?

It looks like a cheap music festival