Sign in to follow this  
money

I want it back so bad!

money   

Jaawo Geel

I want my Somali back - Jinnigii jabuuti joogay jab mmufo aa ku wacaa!! sida jaawa geeloo! I want camel Milk and Hilib geel!

This song made tears come to my eyes out of, I wissh I could say out of nowhere , but it was out of something that I can’t express with words. I know for fact that words won’t do justice to the feelings burning in my breakable psyche.

You mabe asking what the hell he is bubbling about?Me too, I am asking the same question in unusual way. Why I am into this song and why I am like this nostalgic all of sudden? If I try to explain I may sound a dying breed or a man who outgrew of his age and mind. Or a fool who just feels feeble now but I will try.

Because it could be that I am home sick or maybe I am missing something and not satisfied with this Diaspora life even thought I spent more than half of my miserable life, outside of Somalia, as a globe-trotting skinny nomad always in search of greener pasture. I still Miss Somalia and my fantastic childhood adventures in and around Xamar Cadeey. I miss Lido and skipping Dugsi, Cinema Nasar and the Bollywood movies or the cowboy western ones that used to show in Cinema Missione.

We lost it! People and the sad thing is a lot of us don't even have a clue how it was back then. I guess that I am one of the lucky few ones who were able to catch a glimpse of all that beauty and pride the simple sweet song bring to my muddled memory. That is why repressed recollections are now coming clearer with songs like this.

We lost the base, the pride and the patrimony of our being. So all we could do is ponder on youtube low-quality videos and shake our heads with melancholy, or bite our lower lips with letdown or hold tears back, tears of pain and sorrow for Somalia that will never be the same and will never come back again as it was back then; poor, black and proud!

Even though we had not that much, we had peace, culture, pride and above all beautiful country and great poets, literature, powerful oratory, love, parents, elders, Tubeec and other music legends. we had Bandhiga, Radio Mogadishu, Nuurradin, Colombo and Cowke and the Somali TV that was broadcasted only at night where group of sisters will watch BArnaamijka Xidigaha togather and will give boys their time to watch the damn Bundesliga Fussball dubbed in Arabic . We had Stadio Mogadishu and Lucino then to cheer for Madbacadda Qaranka and Badda or Enji, these were soccer and basketball teams back then.

We had Cajiin Qamiir, Muufo Tinaar , Canjeero Burjiko, Rooti, Saliid cadeey, Siinaay and Bakaaraha. Damn I remember riding Caasi to Ceelgaab, listening to Zulfa's Geedishaamboow and being very careful of pick- pocketing street boys and their Topaz blades.

That is when it, (the descent and the exodus) all began, Back then the number of the city dwellers exploded and the regime of the time was led by bozos with bayoneted machine guns and incompetent corrupt officials who cared more about Landcruisers, Booli Qaran villas and nepotism than building a modern nation with peace and justice.All they did was beg for handouts and then spend it like crazy on Qat, Beer and prostitution or buy bombs to obliterate rebellious parts of the country. How brutal and barbaric Somali leaders have always been!

God, the song took me back in 1988 as adolescent playing soccer on lido and not brave enough or suicidal to swim and dive into the breezy Indian Ocean waters for fear of deadly shark attacks which were common then. God the song took me to long lines to a Banaadiri plays and above all it took me back to my older brother's boom box where Tubeec's tape was always on and especially this particular song was the main song of the cassette album. I remember me stealing the boom box and putting some early pioneering hip-hop break-dancing music for a kid that was really good at it. Now we all have iPods and laptops, cell-phones, digital cameras, MySpace, Facebook and YouTube. Imagine where we came from and how far we came? Imagine what the Somali kids now back home are dealing with. The other day I was reading on BBC site kids in Jowhar inventing war games. Their toys and gadgets are now RPGs and AK47s. And we all in here doing nothing or having that can't do attitude! Every time a college student I know goes to summertime study abroad to places like Bolivia or Botswana because of the poor third world people they about to help, my heart pounds with joy and then sinks with pain! Why they not be going to Baydhabo, Borama , Beletweyne or Boosaaso for a volunteer job, internship, fellowship or summer study programs? Or why not they be going to Mogadishu and then take me some pictures of skinny-legged Somali kids playing soccer in Lido or older peeps sipping sweet tea and dining at Hotel Aruba patio? All this painful contemplation and nostalgia because of a Somali song in Youtube?

Sida jaawa geeelo. Mmmm

I never seen Lido or whatever else of a beach yall had,but i can definitly relate to this song,in a different setting.

Kiosk in Islii, Marduf qaad ah,BigG and Soda Kubwa(Kubwa=big). The sweat,the sigareet qiiq & the smell of the qad...Wah WAH icon_razz.gif:D

money   

it is the memories faarax brown and the childhood plays! yeah i remember qiiq, qaad , garaabo, siinaay, soo dhacyeey, bakoorad and siisoow too!

Soomaaliya will be back, see ahayd iyo si ka wacanba, Eebba ha idmee.

Haka quusan dalkaaga iyo dadkaaga, una duceey.

Waxaa tirisay qof Xamar ku dhashay, kuna barbaaray ayaa yaqaano inta kale been. It was a living lived in heaven on earth.

Iskool Booliisiyo kusoo dabaalo, Garoonka Diyaaradaha soo agmar oo Isgoyska Dabka kusoo dhac, haddaa shopping rabtid dhanka midig u qaado, dukaamihii casriga ahaa indha indheey, adigoo socdana Sayidka ku dhac, salaad maqribna Isbaheysiga ku tuko, haddaa rabtid sii aad Dhagaxtuur iyo magaalada hoose ama dhanka Madaxtooyada aad oo ku dhac Isgoyska Wardhiigley dhanka Sanca sii aad oo Fagax ugu sii leexo adigoo Yaaqshiid usii jeedid. Labadhagax ugu soo laabo, soo jeex Jidka Sodonka oo kusoo dhac Shiirkole haddana Afrikan Filaj, oo aad ka aadi kartid Kaasabalbalaare ama dhanka Tarbuunka. Tarbuunka ka bax oo Lambarafar ku dhac, Isbitaal Banaadir agmar, Digfeer mise Madiino midkood laba gees u aad ama horey usii soco kuliyadii Lafoole hoo dheh salaan. Gaheyr sii aad, oo degmada Wadajir kor kasoo gal, Tabakaayo Madoow soo cagmari, Ciyaal Faaycali u gambi oo kusoo dhac Buuloxuubeey jidka dekedda aadana raac ku dhac Iskool Booloosiyadii aad ka bilowday socodka, Xamarjajab sii aad haddaa rabtid oo Xamarweyne ugu gudub, Fiya'eejito mar, Dahablaha, Bacaadlaha, Boosteeyada. Ka bax Xamarweyne oo aad C/casiis iyo Boondheere, ku dhac Baar Fi'at, daartii Jirde Xuseen ee Savoy Centre, iskoolkii Bartamaha, wasaaradihii kor ka salaan, sii agmar taaladii Daljirka Dahsoon...

Xamareey waa lagu xumeeye...

You want it i know ,,, but it is gone ,, you have to go find it.

I can see you want it back so bad, but you can't have it back until you fight for it ,,,,

You can't get it back while sitting in the west and dreaming ,,, you have to suffer for it.

Ilaahay ha soo celiyo ,,,,,,,,,

Showqi   

Jacaylbaro;153543 wrote:
I can see you want it back so bad, but you can't have it back until you fight for it ,,,,

You can't get it back while sitting in the west and dreaming ,,, you have to suffer for it.

Gacmahayga iyo qalbigaygu waa nadiif. Wax maan dilin, waxna maan dhicin. Waligayna qof kale qabyaalad kumaan haybsan. Inta Soomaaliya dilka, dhaca, qabyaalada iyo sharci daradu ka socoto I rather be sitting in the west and dreaming the good old days. Even if that means that I have to suffer homesickness.

Soomaaliya Ilaahay nabad ha ku soo celiyo inta aan aniga iyo idinkuba noolnahay.

caydarus   

nuune;690614 wrote:
Inshaaradeydu waxey ii sheegtay inaan dhimanayo anoon Soomaaliyoo nabad ah arkin!

you will see somalia has estabolised before inta adan dhimanin insha Allah. don't loose hope we are working hard insha Allah.

Waryaa maskiin macruf xamar waa kala dhig dhigtee school saqawadiin maa kaso baratayne waxaan jidka bar fiat kulaa km0 hawar qadiijo kasoo horjeedka new press ama macbacada lacagta false da eh aa lagu samen jiray xamar weyne ilaa maanaboliyo caan aa ka ahaa lacagtas baan wax uga gadan jiray, seylaani aga gaarka beexaani suuq yaraha gadaal kaso gal ee bada geel laq too u aad cinema xatar muud maxaa shuud ku galay adigo qoob dooro karaan banoni u aaday qush waye amaa lagu dhahayne oo hadane lagu so bursaday qabtaay annagane schol salman al faris ba u fadhisan jirnay immigrationka, jubo, shangaani ilaa boondhere, aa xaraan ku hestay oday barow nin la dhahaayo mataqanaa oo bilyaardiga bar fiat lahaa maxaa dhibnay odaygas xasid ayu ahaa darbaaxsho ayu kugu xadaa n0oh unugane balilaha bilyardiga iyo iskaako aa ka xadi jirnay war maa wadeenaa hee walah somali anoo u n0qonin ciil ma i deenaayo gabdhaha xafada sidee kuso dhaweynayan lee hadaa dhahdid dibada aa ka imaaday kor aa lagu qaada n0oh miss xamar cadey hospital soos xudundey daa ku duganee

caydarus   

Valenteenah.;690612 wrote:
^ Amiin.

Not sure inuu wadanku hagaagayo in my lifetime, but I hope for it. Insha'Allah khayr.

that is your hope lol

wyre   

Jacaylbaro;153543 wrote:
You want it i know ,,, but it is gone ,, you have to go find it.

Makaa dhab baa JB:D Ok haddey sidaa tahay s.land bay midoobayaan