Sign in to follow this  
RendezVous

SOME OF THE PROPHET MOHAMED QUOTES FOR WOMEN...

WHAT YOUR PROPHET SAYS ABOUT WOMEN AND YOUR SPOUSES

Dedicated to all SOL sisters smile.gifsmile.gif

WIVES:

Muhammad said: "Beat not your wives." Then Sayidina Omar came to the Rasul (Muhammad) and said, "Wives have got the upper hand of their husbands from hearing this."

WIVES:

He is the most perfect Muslim whose disposition is best; and the best of you are they who behave best to their wives.

WIVES:

A virtuous wife is a man's best treasure.

WOMEN:

Women are the twin-halves of men.

WOMEN:

The world and all things in it are valuable; but the most valuable thing in the world is a virtuous woman.

WOMEN:

The best women are the virtuous; they are the most affectionate to infants, and the most careful of their husbands' property.

WOMEN:

When a woman performeth the five times of prayer, and fasteth the month of Ramadan, and is chaste, and is not disobedient to her husband, then tell her to enter Paradise by whichever door she likes..

WOMEN:

Verily a great number of women are assembled near my family, complaining of their husbands; and those men who ill-treat their wives do not behave well. He is not of my way who teacheth a woman to stray.

WOMEN:

Asma, daughter of Yazid, said, "Victuals were brought to Muhammad, and he put them before some of us women who were present, and said, `Eat ye.' But notwithstanding we were hungry we said, ` We have no inclination.' Muhammad said, `O women! do not mix hunger with lies."'

WOMEN:

Whoever doeth good to girls, it will be a curtain to him from hell-fire.

WOMEN:

Whoever befriendeth (his) two girl till they come of age, will be in the next world along with me, like my two fingers joining each other.

WOMEN:

Whoever befriendeth three daughters, or three sisters, and teacheth them manners, and is affectionate to them, till they come of age, may God apportion Paradise for him.

WOMEN:

Whoever hath a daughter, and doth not

bury her alive,or scold her,or prefer his male children to her, may God bring him into Paradise.

WOMEN:

Shall I not point out to you the best of virtues? It is your doing good to your daughter when she is returned to you having been divorced by her husband. .. Divorce is strictly never "encouraged" so much in Islam

WOMEN:

God enjoins you to treat women well, for they are your mothers, daughters, and aunts.

Please Read ISLAM and more from here

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Ibtisam   

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Why on God's earth are you obsessed with women!! Did you just come out of prison or something? :confused: Every time I open the women section I see another thread from you.

p.s. the first point you made has been modified, men are allowed to beat women, with a small stick, just not like a savage.

Originally posted by ibtisam:

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Why on God's earth are you obsessed with women!! Did you just come out of prison or something? :confused: Every time I open the women section I see another thread from you.

p.s. the first point you made has been modified, men are allowed to beat women, with a small stick, just not like a savage.

Ibtisaam sister, I am not posting anything for you, Infact i have written at the start of the thread that, it is dedicated for all SOL sisters..not only ibtisaam...

If you have a problem with my threads for my sisters, By the way My sister is a guest in this forum.. , Then please avoid reading them..I am not forcing you.. I am just posting some items I feel is relevant for discussion and read..

N To say that ISLAM has accepted "Beating of women" with some stick sort of..Let me clarify that Many men..especially young somali peers don't even know what a stick is let alone beating..

So you are in other words saying..Go on..beat us..ISLAM has given you the leeway..

That is incorret I think..Somebody like you who I suppose a muslim, has that kind of

thinking..What about a new convert..He will directly translate "Beat me please"...Please avoid replying me..

You are already a..!!! redface.gifredface.gif I stopped..

nemo   

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Why on God's earth are you obsessed with women!! Did you just come out of prison or something? Every time I open the women section I see another thread from you.

Ibtisam, why be hash on the brother I think its cute what he has posted. The way I see it is that this brother has much respect for women and we shouldn't put him down for that...what's wrong with that :confused:

Rendezvous, brother thanks for the quotes its great...women are indeed precious...and it takes I man to see that (not that im putting anyone else down). I say keep them :D

mantra   

WOMEN:

Whoever hath a daughter, and doth not

bury her alive,or scold her,or prefer his male children to her, may God bring him into Paradise.

[/QB]

Thanks for the wonderful post...

Its sad however how Somali parents treat their daughters. Even the men in our generation are not exempt from such idiotic mentality..

I guess we're all avoiding paradise one way or the other..

Originally posted by ibtisam:

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Why on God's earth are you obsessed with women!!

Go easy on the Brother. He's just looking for some love (for Allah's sake of course). I give him A for effort, A+ for assiduity but F for delivery... need to work on that dude.

nemo   

I give him A for effort, A+ for assiduity but
F for delivery
... need to work on that dude.

Must you always put people down...come on I think he did a great job..and as for you I can say nothing :(

Hayat   

brother beautiful topic..........don't worry about Ibtissam its seems she is those typical women who complain about having no rights, but when their rights a explicitly stated still complains...........

Nameless chick......if anything his delivery deserves every credit, don't see why he would get an "f" i don't think it was his "failure" to deliver but your failure to see.

once again brother nice opic......even a woman could've not done a beter job....

nemo   

riyaq, good for a second there you go me confused..I was like did I actaully said and had to double check it :D

Ibtisam   

The way I see it is that this brother has much respect for women and we shouldn't put him down for that...what's wrong with that

looooooooooooooool :D:D:D:D i will ask you once you've been a memeber of this site for a little longer if you still think this. loool

RiYaQ and nameless: :D don't worry if i dig in SOL, i'm sure my first few posts were postive towards him. But then i opened my eyes, looked a little closer and waaam; icon_razz.gif

Point of clarification

Flipmode:

Firstly I didn’t say your thread was solely for me. Secondly that quote is not from me!

Lastly

Are you denying what the prophet ordained?

it is a known fact, that the women complained to the prophet about the severity of beatings from their husbands, the prophet PBUH then said, no beating allowed, after a while the husbands started complaining that the women were getting our of hand and respect was low; And he said beat them with MODERATION, with a small stick (similar to a toothbrush stick) as well as other punishments, such as leave the bedroom (not the house). If you want change this it is up to you, but don't preach something simply because it suits your purpose. That’s how innovations start, and we all know innovation leads to hell-fire. It does not matter what your personal feelings are, if it matter many women would have outlawed the “more than one wife policyâ€. But you have to take everything as it is.

I’m done preaching.

Cheers

Khalaf   

Are you denying what the prophet ordained?

it is a known fact, that the women complained to the prophet about the severity of beatings from their husbands, the prophet PBUH then said, no beating allowed, after a while the husbands started complaining that the women were getting our of hand and respect was low; And he said beat them with MODERATION, with a small stick (similar to a toothbrush stick) as well as other punishments, such as leave the bedroom (not the house). If you want change this it is up to you, but don't preach something simply because it suits your purpose. That’s how innovations start, and we all know innovation leads to hell-fire. It does not matter what your personal feelings are, if it matter many women would have outlawed the “more than one wife policyâ€. But you have to take everything as it is.

Where did u hear this sister?

Ibtisam   

^^^

in verse 4:34.

[4:34] The men are made responsible for the women, and GOD has endowed them with certain qualities, and made them the bread earners. The righteous women will cheerfully accept this arrangement, since it is GOD's commandment, and honor their husbands during their absence. If you experience rebellion from the women, you shall first talk to them, then (you may use negative incentives like) deserting them in bed, then you may (as a last alternative) beat them. If they obey you, you are not permitted to transgress against them. GOD is Most High, Supreme.

what i said before is a translation of this, in sahih ul bukhair. i'll look it up when i have time. but it clear says so above.

p.s.

Abuse of a wife will not happen if the man learns to follow the clear commandments of God in this verse and in the order decreed. Abuse will only happen when a man does not follow these commandments, and fails to cool off and reason with himself or with his wife. this verse is extremely abused by many of the so-called "Muslim" men in the world. While disregarding their own obligations and their own righteousness, they focus on the third step of handling this difficult condition as described in 4:34, skip the first two necessary steps and give themselves the excuse to beat their wives.

cheers

Khalaf   

sister, I am aware of the verse. I was asking about the history behind it-since I never heard of it. U said woman complained to the prophet about beatings, then it was ordered no beatings, then the men complained.....thus this verse was revealed.

Ibtisam   

i can't remember where i read it exactly. i will look it up when i get time. which could be as far as summer time. :D

EDIT:

found it after all:

"Iyas Dhubab reported the apostle of Allah as saying: "Do not beat Allah's handmaidens", but when Umar came to the apostle of Allah and said: "Women have become emboldened towards their husbands", he (the prophet), gave permission to beat them. Then many women came round the family of the apostle of Allah complaining against their husbands. So the apostle of Allah said, "Many women have gone round Muhammad's family complaining against their husbands. They are not the best among you". (Hadith Of The Sunan Of Abu Dawud, Chapter 709 - On Beating Women, #2141)