Sign in to follow this  
RendezVous

SOME OF THE PROPHET MOHAMED QUOTES FOR WOMEN...

Khalaf   

Walaalshiis, I am not knowledgeable so I won't comment.

But I do know this, there is plenty of history, sucession of verses, weak hadiths, strong hadiths, many rulings-we should be careful what we attribute to the prophet blessings be with him. When we say the Prophet has said-(that includes if we just heard it or read it)that is a heavy statement to utter and many of us attribute sayings to our nabi from hearsay. Becareful-that is to everyone

As muslim who believes our nabi was most merciful among mankind, its hard for me to believe that. Sounds harsh. But Allah knows best.

Ibtisam   

The one above is sahih. there is also this one;

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported: Abu Bakr came and sought permission to see Allah's Messenger. He found people sitting at his door and none amongst them had been granted permission, but it was granted to Abu Bakr and he went in. Then came 'Umar and he sought permission and it was granted to him, and he found Allah's Apostle sitting sad and silent with his wives around him. He (Hadrat 'Umar) said: I would say something which would make the Holy Prophet laugh, so he said: Messenger of Allah, I wish you had seen (the treatment meted out to) the daughter of Kharija when she asked me some money, and I got up and slapped her on her neck. Allah's Messenger laughed and said: They are around me as you see, asking for extra money. Abu Bakr then got up went to 'Aisha and slapped her on the neck, and 'Umar stood up before Hafsa and slapped her saying: You ask Allah's Messenger which he does not possess. They said: By Allah, we do not ask Allah's Messenger for anything he does not possess." (Hadith, Sahih Muslim, Book 009, #3506, Muhammad doesn’t slap his wives, but laughed at hearing about his friend Umar slapping his wife when they asked for more money. Muhammad’s wife was slapped by her father upon hearing she too had been asking for more money.)

i think it is a subject you should research yourself. start off with Muhammad Abu Zahra, Usbu al Fiqh al Islami (Cairo: al Majlis al A'la li Ri'ayat al Funun, 1963) p. 66.

p.s.

The Prophet advised one Muslim woman, whose name was Fatimah bint Qais, not to marry a man because the man was known for beating women:

"I went to the Prophet and said: Abul Jahm and Mu'awiah have proposed to marry me. The Prophet (by way of advice) said: As to Mu'awiah he is very poor and Abul Jahm is accustomed to beating women" (Muslim).

"Those who do so (beat their wives) are not the best among you" (Abu Dawood).

cheers

Khalaf   

walaalshiis, I will instead of getting it from the interenet or picking random hadiths, rather sit down with a learned person and learn from them. InshaAllah I will, because that verse is very misunderstood and brought up by muslims and non-muslims alike.

However u have stated it and put out there in this public forum, so its only fair to clarify. I am not knowledgable so can't do that, maybe InshaAllah someone else can clarify. But again becareful what u attribute to the prophet (saw), you are not learned yet confident on what the Prophet has said-just advice don't take it as an attack. Peace

Originally posted by ibtisam:

^^^

in verse 4:34.

[4:34] The men are made responsible for the women, and GOD has endowed them with certain qualities, and made them the bread earners. The righteous women will cheerfully accept this arrangement, since it is GOD's commandment, and honor their husbands during their absence. If you experience rebellion from the women,
you shall first talk to them, then (you may use negative incentives like)
deserting them in bed, then you may
(as a last alternative)
beat them. If they obey you, you are not permitted to transgress against them. GOD is Most High, Supreme.

what i said before is a translation of this, in sahih ul bukhair. i'll look it up when i have time. but it clear says so above.

p.s.

Abuse of a wife will not happen if the man learns to follow the clear commandments of God in this verse and in the order decreed. Abuse will only happen when a man does not follow these commandments, and fails to cool off and reason with himself or with his wife. this verse is extremely abused by many of the so-called "Muslim" men in the world. While disregarding their own obligations and their own righteousness, they focus on the third step of handling this difficult condition as described in 4:34, skip the first two necessary steps and give themselves the excuse to beat their wives.

cheers

Follow the regulations God himself has ordained..There are steps to follow..In order..

What if "You are not interested in beating anyone at all"..wouldn't that be "too nice"..

The difference how women are treated in ISLAM and Christianity

one wife policy

Muslim "men"
:D:D

It appears that the extremist's approach and style is an extension of the culture and the way women were treated before Islam.

Muslim reported in his Sahih: "Abdullah Ibn Omar said: I heard the Prophet of God saying: 'Do not prevent women from attending mosques.' Bilal, his son replied back: 'By God we will prevent them,' His father approached him protesting his answer with anger stating: 'I say the Prophet of God said [allow them,] and you say [don't!]'" Sahih Muslim, Kitab al Salah.

This example clearly showed that even during the time of the Prophet this type of attitude regarding women was still prevailing. A true Muslim, by definition, is supposed to be ethical, tolerant, social, wise and rational.

WILDCAT   

I really dislike talk of beating... you would think a learned human being has enough command of their tongue to express themselves with that instead of an ugly fist...