Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

? FATHER'S DAY

have u ever wondered why they dont have lil bro/sis days! just a thought! i mean, it makes more sense to celebrate younger folks than older one! looks like ole folks is cheating!!

Abdinuur   

Mr Gentlemen...you cracked me up dawg...I'm up here laughing...yo, stay cool man.

Very funny Rudy...lol

Bulo, Thanks for your thoughtful message.

It seems as tho most of you guys are responding wit a negative feedback. I am cool wit that...you know, I aint got no problem wit it. Say what's on your mind! But I guess there is a little misconception here. Hello!...Did you hear me say that we should celebrate Father's Day or Mother's Day? Hell no! I simply said asked if ya'll buy gifts for your Father during father's day...you what I'm sayin...I mean what part dont you understand?

Pple you have to realize that I am not making an argument here for any Holiday...or to persuade anybody.

Peace.

MD   

The only thing i remember is celebrating the two eids, i guess that's how i grew up, i remember bringing home gifts for my mom/father on(mothers or fathers day) and they use to tell me "hooyo..or aabbe macaan waxaan wa gaalada uff uff qashinka ku tuur" i use to then ...

I once did celebrate father's dad and that was my last day celebrating my old man's day. I got him a present but what did the old bagger do? He slapped me across my face and told my mother and they both said "Allah baayeey tii gaal ayey noqotay"

So that wasn't a nice experience. From that day was my first and last... :(

I would love to show my feelings sometimes...

Thika   

which ever way you look at it gentleman it is not in our norms and strictly abide by the sheria so you better stop the psychological warfare that you try to spread .

Everyday is a father's day and Mom's day for me as I love them always til death do us apart!

i don't need a calendar to tell me today i should get a present for my parents just to show them I LOVE them that single day only.

come on, we as Somali community can do better than that and let's not corrupt each other with these kind of JOKES!

as a Muslim everyday all the time we should obey what our parents tell us and show them the respect they deserve from us wich is also part of the unconditional love that we have for them!

Well, I dont celebrate Christmas or Easter .. but I do get ma parents cards and take them out dining (...course at their expense :D )

I dont think there is any harm in being nicer 2 them on a certain day..I may choose 2 do it any other day but its unlikely I'll find da rite card or places 2 take them that will specially cater 2 their needs.

To be honest with you I respect more for mother's day! maybe i am missing my mother for long time..

Originally posted by Kaafi:

[QB] tell me what's better in this busy world: leaving your old folks in a nursing home or in a health center where they receive 24/7 assistant wit anything they want or just letting them stay at your house when in actuality you're busy wit your own life and family and work? [QB]

saaxiib, No way! I will never put my parents in a nursing home no matter how busy i am. that is one of the reasons that we are better than a lot of ppl, We take care of our parents. you have to make time for them while they are her or you might regret that decision when they not here, and it will be too late. again you have your opinion and i respect that but i think you should reconsider it..

Dhimbil   

First was father's day.....than Nursing home for your parents?..abdi or kaafi you getting your self more trouble with the nomads. good luck ;)

Abdinuur   

Aplus,

Very decent response. I respect that man! You know it's kinda funny cuzz my parents aren't even here...they're just chillin' back home. But you know what, I wish they were down here wit me or in a nursing home than in that awful place down there. But unfortunately...they love it down there which is cool cuzz it's there "sweet home". The wont trade it for anything in the world. ;)

Illmatic,

Am I gettin myself in trouble wit you man?...yo my bad dawg! I dont think I'm in any trouble or in any danger in anyway...lol...but anyways, express your thoughts man...I guess it's aight. And I ain't mad at'chu man! ;)