Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Why are Somali Women Attracted to Taller Men?

You can say a lot of bad things about how men are judgmental about women, but you can’t say that a man judges a woman by her height. You’ll never see a man thinking to himself:

* "Oh, wow. She just took off her shoes and Dammit, If only she wasn’t three inches shorter than me!

* What is it with women and their obsession with a man’s height? I don’t think I’ve read one "dating blog" where a woman didn’t complain about one of her date’s height.

* "He was too short…"

* "He definitely lied about his height in his Somalina.com profile…"

* "If I wanted a midget, I would have ended up with someone from the circus…" and many more

What’s the big deal with Somali women specially? Haven’t we ever heard the saying, "The best things come in small packages?" Why do we really need a taller man? It’s all in our head. If we need to get something from the top of the refrigerator — that’s why they invented a step stool and not your man’s arms and how often do we really use his height for anything other than showing him off to our friends?

I’m not exactly sure why our culture considers it "better" for the man to be taller than the woman. Frankly, our culture says also alot about many other things as well. I looked it up on Google, thinking it may be related to our hunting and gathering days. I didn’t find anything.

And wouldn’t it better if a hunter was shorter? Who’s going to more easily hide behind that rock. Hollywood hasn’t help things for shorter men. Even when a male star is short (and many of them are), they need to find a love interest that’s even shorter.

One of my male friends from MN is a fairly short guy. He’s married now, with two beautiful children. His wife is alot taller than him, and she’s never complained, at least not that I know of.

As a woman i know that Tall men have less character development than short men, because tall men have gotten by on their heights, it’s well known by us women that shorter men are funnier and story tellers than their taller opponents! But why do women still go for taller and not so charismatic men! Does height matter that much to us over happier future life? It is also known that a shorter man wins the ability to hide, the stealthily to hunt, and the smaller the frame the smaller the consumption of food, so it’s an advantage for us as woman to cook less.

Last but not least, the taller they stand the harder they fall too!!!

Istahiil

Email: Miss_Beysaare@hotmail.com

Aaliyyah   

cynical looooooooooooooooooool you nailed it smile.gif

Last but not least, the taller they stand the harder they fall too!!!

lol I couldnt help but comment on her last statement, does this mean one can walk all over a short guy. That he can't stand up for himself. For a minute I thought she wanted us to appreciate men whether they are short or tall. I guess there is a reason behind everything icon_razz.gif

looooool@ JB sxb it looks like you are making a case for short men..........I never noticed this. but if it is as you say...... then most of us have nothing to complain about :D ........ the average somali guy is tall from what i've noticed ....... so for the minority, you just have to look for an even shorter than yourself xaliimo

Because us women like to feel protected first and foremost, its a primal instinct we all have. Tall and strong men make us feel that - safe. Everything else is really secondary. smile.gif

chubacka   

Shortness is something that is hard to get over in a man, esp at first but it can be done.

It all depends on how else he compensates for his lack of height.

Stoic- the fact that your advertising yourself makes me wonder if you're opposite to what you claim. Seriously those who brag have some deficiencies…so out with it.

Ps why is it short man/ugly man exude confidence, seriously god help you when they pursue you they just don't take NO for an answer they are so persistence, ist because they have nothing to lose I mean what’s the worse thing that can happen to them…

p.s.s you know how many Somali tall girls I have seen with armaajoo for a husband? (There always out on force in Queensway) I think jacl your grossly misinformed the short bold armaajoo men in Somali community are always married to tall woman.

STOIC   

CL,I have clearly written down a description of myself. I doubt if I’ve any inferiority complex that I’m hiding. I wasn’t making a bid for advertisement.However now that you mentioned that how about I send you a private picture? ;)

Have mercy on my poor eyes@ stoic exposing me to such beauty might transform me into a stalker and you know who must be respected wont like the challenge… :rolleyes: